Fiat Chrysler CEO Won't Give Trump Credit For New Jobs and Investments

FINALLY someone has said exactly what I had said long ago on this forum when referring to some of the new jobs and investment decisions being made by CEO's.

"For starters, however, it defies belief that big companies could make billion-dollar investment decisions that need sign-offs from boards of directors in the hasty Twitter time frame Trump tends to demand."

CEOs actually ARE dissing Trump's claims on jobs

Yes! Only an idiot would think that CEO's and board members would make BILLION dollar decisions in just a month or so because Trump asked them to. Now the CEO for Fiat Chrysler is saying what I have... and he won't bow down and give Trump credit for his company's decision.

Except that this has been coming at them for quite some time. They MUST have been paying attention and considering the possible downside of moving to outsource AND THEN being caught by changes in policy after investing billions overseas.

It would be insanely reckless of any CEO, at this point in time, to move forward with outsourcing plans with an incoming Trump presidency.

Your trust in the words of CEOs, is noted.

No, and I will take the word of a CEO that knows what he is talking about and who points out common sense over you, and trump who act like Billion dollar decisions are made after meetings in December... and released to the media a month later.

It is not common sense to think that a potential change in government policy does not effect decisions like these.

Those CEOs, were mostly in the tank for HIllary, and have no reason to give aid to Trump, even while they adjust their plans to deal with TRump in ways that will greatly benefit American workers.

Just as Trump's policies intended to happen.

Real world companies do not make Billion dollar decisions in a month or two. What is so hard about that for you to understand?

Sure they do, if they were smart enough to have contingencies in place in case the anti-outsourcing candidate won.

FINALLY someone has said exactly what I had said long ago on this forum when referring to some of the new jobs and investment decisions being made by CEO's.

"For starters, however, it defies belief that big companies could make billion-dollar investment decisions that need sign-offs from boards of directors in the hasty Twitter time frame Trump tends to demand."

Yes! Only an idiot would think that CEO's and board members would make BILLION dollar decisions in just a month or so because Trump asked them to. Now the CEO for Fiat Chrysler is saying what I have... and he won't bow down and give Trump credit for his company's decision.

8 years after the economy went to hell, 8 years of trying to move forwards and make the economy better, and it's all TRUMP's success because he's been president for the same amount of time as I have.

Except that this has been coming at them for quite some time. They MUST have been paying attention and considering the possible downside of moving to outsource AND THEN being caught by changes in policy after investing billions overseas.

It would be insanely reckless of any CEO, at this point in time, to move forward with outsourcing plans with an incoming Trump presidency.

No, and I will take the word of a CEO that knows what he is talking about and who points out common sense over you, and trump who act like Billion dollar decisions are made after meetings in December... and released to the media a month later.

It is not common sense to think that a potential change in government policy does not effect decisions like these.

Those CEOs, were mostly in the tank for HIllary, and have no reason to give aid to Trump, even while they adjust their plans to deal with TRump in ways that will greatly benefit American workers.

Real world companies do not make Billion dollar decisions in a month or two. What is so hard about that for you to understand?

Sure they do, if they were smart enough to have contingencies in place in case the anti-outsourcing candidate won.

You keep telling yourself that... that's the type of thing Trump wants you to think. ;)

How convenient for Trump.

Obama claimed credit for everything under the sun including jobs created AND jobs saved. Lets see three paragraphs from you on that first then we can discuss Trump.

Please show me one Tweet... and how many press conferences Obama had to take credit for every 1,000 jobs he "saved."

Holy shit Obama stood before a joint session of congress and claimed credit on national tv during multiple state of the union addresses. He didn't just claim credit for a deal here and there, he claimed credit for every last job in the country. Sorry but you lose on this one.

If people are going to point a finger at Trump that's fine, just realize you will have to answer for your hypocrisy vs Obama.

Obama claimed credit for everything under the sun including jobs created AND jobs saved. Lets see three paragraphs from you on that first then we can discuss Trump.

Please show me one Tweet... and how many press conferences Obama had to take credit for every 1,000 jobs he "saved."

Holy shit Obama stood before a joint session of congress and claimed credit on national tv during multiple state of the union addresses. He didn't just claim credit for a deal here and there, he claimed credit for every last job in the country. Sorry but you lose on this one.

If people are going to point a finger at Trump that's fine, just realize you will have to answer for your hypocrisy vs Obama.

No... please show me one thread I started stating how great Obama was. Just one. However I did point out that within one months time there was over 200,000 new jobs created under Obama... and yet here we have Trump making a big deal over every 1,000 jobs announced... many of which, as stated here, were already part of deals ALREADY in place.

You keep telling yourself that... that's the type of thing Trump wants you to think. ;)

That was nonsense.

DO you think that a CEO would not have considered the implications of BOTH candidates with regard to their policies and how they would effect operations?

Not really.

Wouldn't matter to Trump if they had to scramble to adjust their plans because they were to stupid to be prepared.

No... please show me one thread I started stating how great Obama was. Just one. However I did point out that within one months time there was over 200,000 new jobs created under Obama... and yet here we have Trump making a big deal over every 1,000 jobs announced... many of which, as stated here, were already part of deals ALREADY in place.

No, you explain to your readers why it was okay for all previous presidents to claim credit for every job created and saved in the country during their entire presidency, yet you take issue with Trump. I have you boxed in, just admit defeat.

Not really.

Wouldn't matter to Trump if they had to scramble to adjust their plans because they were to stupid to be prepared.

Well, yes it would matter a lot.

The last three Republican presidents have seen a rise in the economy in the first years they took office, and then saw it back down to where it was after 4 years. Trump wants to show he's a success. If things go wrong....

Not really.

The last three Republican presidents have seen a rise in the economy in the first years they took office, and then saw it back down to where it was after 4 years. Trump wants to show he's a success. If things go wrong....

A management team having to scramble because they were going to outsource and now change their mind, would not be a problem for TRump.

At most that might delay the positive effects of that one company hitting the macro numbers by a few months.

Big Freaking Deal.

Not really.

A management team having to scramble because they were going to outsource and now change their mind, would not be a problem for TRump.

At most that might delay the positive effects of that one company hitting the macro numbers by a few months.

Big Freaking Deal.

The implications of all of this are far bigger than what you have just said.

What will the impact be on the price of the vehicles? What will the impact be on the future of the country? Is this a short term fix that will end up costing the US jobs at the end of the day?

No, you explain to your readers why it was okay for all previous presidents to claim credit for every job created and saved in the country during their entire presidency, yet you take issue with Trump. I have you boxed in, just admit defeat.

You don't have me boxed in... As Obama was in office for 8 years and his financial policies were in place when the jobs created took place. Trump simply had meetings with some people a couple months ago and then when they announced BILLION dollar plans he took credit for them... again what International multi-BILLION dollar corporations make BILLION dollar deals in a month? None.

You don't have me boxed in... As Obama was in office for 8 years and his financial policies were in place when the jobs created took place. Trump simply had meetings with some people a couple months ago and then when they announced BILLION dollar plans he took credit for them... again what International multi-BILLION dollar corporations make BILLION dollar deals in a month? None.

Oh I have you hog tied with a pretty pink bow on top. Its okay, I win 99% of these exchanges, its no reflection on you I'm just that good.:muahaha:

Oh I have you hog tied with a pretty pink bow on top. Its okay, I win 99% of these exchanges, its no reflection on you I'm just that good.:muahaha:

You don't... but you wish you did. I knew you were gay liked that...

Well I don't want to overwhelm you with my magnificence so I'm moving on to another thread.

Well I don't want to overwhelm you with my magnificence so I'm moving on to another thread.

Is it the threesome with Dotcom and Sonny thread?

Is it the threesome with Dotcom and Sonny thread?

No I'm messing with franco's mind he's about to pop a gasket.

Not really.

Big Freaking Deal.

The implications of all of this are far bigger than what you have just said.

What will the impact be on the price of the vehicles? What will the impact be on the future of the country? Is this a short term fix that will end up costing the US jobs at the end of the day?

Yes, that is why Japan, which was in such great shape following WWII, went right into the crapper as more and more car manufacturing jobs went there, and today is a 4th world hellhole.

9nrbhi.jpg

Obama's policies caused this as well.

Why Fiat Chrysler, VW thought they could get away with cheating

Op-Ed: Fiat emissions scandal just the latest from an industry skilled at 'deception and trickery'

Forum List

Back