Final word on G Floyd

Not a problem at all. Most crazy people who shoot a place up, everyone in their lives knew they were crazy, and a thorough background check would have determined that.

When I applied for my job, or tried to get a mortgage, or sponsored my wife for a green card, I underwent a thorough background check. Had to submit hundreds of pages of documentation.

When I applied for my IL FOID card, I pinky swore I wasn't a crazy person or a criminal.
If I had a nickle for every news report I ever read that said something like "I would never have expected him to carry out such a heinous act"...I would have a lot of nickles.

When Great Britain feared being invaded by Germany during WWII, do you know how their government armed their citizens to defend themselves?
They didn't just hand guns to any yahoo who wanted them. They organized the home guard with a 'well-regulated' structure.

Again, still not seeing how that make Adam Lanza a good candidate to own a gun.

History has taught us that conditions change, even in the most stable of countries. And history has also taught us that defending yourself against tyranny using only sidearms is doable. Unless you figure that our government will simply carpet bomb their own country to get rid of the patriots.

Here's the reality, guy. They'll pull a David Koresh on you and everyone will think you were a nut afterwards.

If I had a nickle for every news report I ever read that said something like "I would never have expected him to carry out such a heinous act"...I would have a lot of nickles.

Except that in the following days, you find out that everyone knew he'd probably do something like that.

Take the guy who almost ended Trump. Sure, at first, everyone was surprised. Then we found out that his fellow students called him, "School Shooter"

Addiction is a disease, Bob. Sorry you lack the compassion to understand that. If we made it easy for addicts to get treatment, we'd have less crime.

Which shows why you need to treat addiction as a medical issue and not a criminal one.
Rehab only works if the abuser wants to get clean. Its why we could spend millions and get pathetic results.

They didn't just hand guns to any yahoo who wanted them. They organized the home guard with a 'well-regulated' structure.

Again, still not seeing how that make Adam Lanza a good candidate to own a gun.

Here's the reality, guy. They'll pull a David Koresh on you and everyone will think you were a nut afterwards.
Great Britain was frantic to get guns for their citizens. American citizens sent them their personal arms to defend themselves.

Koresh? He was a nut. The government cannot do that during a civil war.

Rehab only works if the abuser wants to get clean. Its why we could spend millions and get pathetic results.
Well, let's actually give it a try before we declare it a failure.

Most European countries treat addiction as a medical issue and don't have nearly the problems we have. Imagine that.

Great Britain was frantic to get guns for their citizens. American citizens sent them their personal arms to defend themselves.
And after the war, they took them all back...because that's the sensible thing to do.
Koresh? He was a nut. The government cannot do that during a civil war.
No, they'd Koresh the guy who tried to start a civil war long before it got that far.

And most Americans would be fine with it. I don't want my nice, comfortable life disrupted because you're having a hissy fit.

Well, let's actually give it a try before we declare it a failure.

Most European countries treat addiction as a medical issue and don't have nearly the problems we have. Imagine that.

And after the war, they took them all back...because that's the sensible thing to do.

No, they'd Koresh the guy who tried to start a civil war long before it got that far.

And most Americans would be fine with it. I don't want my nice, comfortable life disrupted because you're having a hissy fit.
“Sensible” according to who? You?

Except the woman he robbed wasn't pregnant.

No, he actually did point a gun at her, but she wasn't pregnant, and another man hit her.
If you're trying to tout the virtues of George Floyd you really are painting yourself into a tough corner. He was a complete piece of shit including being a deadbeat dad. Does it really matter to you whether or not he pointed the gun? He was there, enough said.

The police officer who cuffed him did the world of favor. But for another judge and another jury he would be free today.

Jo

Last edited:
No, Anger Issues, it doesn't make him a saint.
It makes him a guy who didn't deserve to be strangled to death for nine minutes over passing a fake $20.00.

Whatever he did during that robbery, he went to prison and did his time.
The force that was used to constrain him had nothing to do with that crime. It has much more to do with the general mechanics of police order and civil obedience.

I don't care if it was a piece of bubble gum...

He signed his own death warrant when he decided to fight like an asshole. Hopefully you never need to call the police. In fact you shouldn't.

Chauvin obviously had his own issues.

Jo

Forum List

Back