Finally, a Russian connection.

Actually, he did not admit it was false, just that it had not gone though the correct process before airing. He was very careful in his words.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process,” he wrote on Twitter. “I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight.”

and

“Now, I want to stress, that’s a single source,” he said. “This has not been confirmed by NBC News. I have not seen any documentation from Deutsche Bank that supports this and verifies this. This is just a single source who has revealed to me, and that’s where that stands at this point. It’s going to need a lot more verification before that can be a confirmable fact.”
Is he still standing by that statement as TRUTH???

He admitted his willful disregard for the truth in that tweet. Is he now saying that it is true, despite admitting that he cannot verify it?

Because, that is defamation. If he is still calling it true, that tweet was all for not.

Yep, that is what I said. And read what he said and put on Twitter...never once admitted he lied or that the information was wrong, just that it was not properly verified, at this time.
Again, he and MSLSD cannot afford to walk the fence here.

Either he is completely retracting those on-air comments, or he is still holding them out as the truth.

Somebody should ask him on-air, just to be clear.
:laugh:

Actually, he did not admit it was false, just that it had not gone though the correct process before airing. He was very careful in his words.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process,” he wrote on Twitter. “I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight.”

and

“Now, I want to stress, that’s a single source,” he said. “This has not been confirmed by NBC News. I have not seen any documentation from Deutsche Bank that supports this and verifies this. This is just a single source who has revealed to me, and that’s where that stands at this point. It’s going to need a lot more verification before that can be a confirmable fact.”
Is he still standing by that statement as TRUTH???

He admitted his willful disregard for the truth in that tweet. Is he now saying that it is true, despite admitting that he cannot verify it?

Because, that is defamation. If he is still calling it true, that tweet was all for not.

He has been very careful not to say it was a lie nor incorrect, just that it has not been verified by more than one source yet.

I remember when the brainwashed Democrat drones were running around saying Hillary lost because Russia hacked the election.

Don't take idiot Democrats seriously. People that do end up looking just as dumb.

Yep, that is what I said. And read what he said and put on Twitter...never once admitted he lied or that the information was wrong, just that it was not properly verified, at this time.

Either he is completely retracting those on-air comments, or he is still holding them out as the truth.

He is holding them out as not properly verified at this time.

He is holding them out as not properly verified at this time.
The whole story was written to give brainwashed Democrat drones hope that Russia connection is real. Democrats that buy into this crap is just more proof of how dumb they are. They are like 911 truthers on steroids.

IMHO the situation is actually worse than that, both O'Donnell and MSNBC have admitted that the story wasn't properly verified and that the source O'Donnell quoted hadn't even seen the Deutsche Bank Records, yet they aired it anyways which ...

Basically makes them out to be televised GOSSIP COLUMN on the same order as the National Enquirer, since apparently they just air whatever nonsense they happen to overhear from whatever source.

IMHO Donny and his lawyers need to light MSNBC up with a defamation suit since it's not a big leap to prove malicious intent.

O'Donnell said his reporting "didn't go through our rigorous verification and standards process." In a tweeted statement, he added, "I shouldn't have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air."

That was reiterated by MSNBC producer Michael Del Moro, who tweeted Wednesday morning, "Deutsche Bank is declining to comment on Lawrence O'Donnell's reporting that Russian oligarch's co-signed Trump's loans. The information came from a single source who has not seen the bank records. NBC has not seen those records and has not yet been able to verify the reporting."

He has been very careful not to say it was a lie nor incorrect, just that it has not been verified by more than one source yet.
So, let's get him on record and ask him on-air if he believes that the unverified report is true.

Let's nail him down, shall we?

You know good and Goddamn well that MSLSD lawyers would be going ape shit if he said ANYTHING other than the story was not confirmed to be true. In fact, he pretty much would be forced to admit it was false or his ass is sued.

IMHO the situation is actually worse than that, both O'Donnell and MSNBC have admitted that the story wasn't properly verified and that the source O'Donnell quoted hadn't even seen the Deutsche Bank Records, yet they aired it anyways which ...

Basically makes them out to be televised GOSSIP COLUMN on the same order as the National Enquirer, since apparently they just air whatever nonsense they happen to overhear from whatever source.

IMHO Donny and his lawyers need to light MSNBC up with a defamation suit since it's not a big leap to prove malicious intent.

O'Donnell said his reporting "didn't go through our rigorous verification and standards process." In a tweeted statement, he added, "I shouldn't have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air."

That was reiterated by MSNBC producer Michael Del Moro, who tweeted Wednesday morning, "Deutsche Bank is declining to comment on Lawrence O'Donnell's reporting that Russian oligarch's co-signed Trump's loans. The information came from a single source who has not seen the bank records. NBC has not seen those records and has not yet been able to verify the reporting."
Totally agree. That is text-book defamation with malice.

That's why I think O'Donnell will not say a peep about that story again unless it is to state unequivocally that it is false. He can't even HINT that he believes it to be true, or he has done it AGAIN.

If O'Donnell is going to report on that story again, he should go ahead and swing for the fences and call Trump an incompetent, illiterate, bankrupt, homosexual communist with AIDS and Gonorrhea.
:laughing0301:

Get all the per se defamatory statements out of the way too, while he is at it, because he and MSLSD will already pay. What's a few more statements that are defamatory as a matter of law. They should get their money's worth.
:dunno:

Top notch MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has a source that claims Trump has loans that were co-signed by Russian oligarchs...proving that Trump owes favors to Russians. Oops, wait he lied...what a surprise.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error in Judgment' in Report on Trump Finances After President's Legal Threat
"Error in Judgment"?

:laughing0301:

How about "Fucking Liar POS spreading lies"?

This may be the first time I have ever wanted to see Trump sue someone.

I would like for Trump to sue him as well. Lots of good information could come out during a court case of this kind.

Yep, although none of that information would be good for MSNBC.
They would probably find a few gems about Trump in the process too. But, so be it.

I would guess a judge wouldn't let them veer too far off base.
I did hear trump's lawyers are working this! defamation suit.

I want to see this guy fry

O'Donnell admitted he fucked up, there are those out there in the media (left/right) that never say they were wrong.
'I'd still like to know why Deutsche Bank would borrow Trump so much money after Trump's defaults with America's largest banks.
Maybe transparent Don is blocking Deutsche from releasing all his data, because Trump is going to write a book abort how he pulled that off, after his four terms are completed?:2up:

Sounds like an apology is in order.

Has Sean Hannity apologize to Seth Rich’s family?
How about Alex Jones? Has he apologized to the parents of the grade school victims at Sandy Hook?
Just wondering.

Alrighty then, so how far back do you want to go, and how much time going forward can your BS be used to justify poor behavior?

Alex Jones is still involved in the courts in regards to Sandy Hook.
Alex Jones Sanctioned By Judge For ‘Despicable Tirade’ Against Sandy Hook Lawyer
And Seth Rich bogus claim by Hannity is still a story.
Rudy Giuliani Jumps on the Seth Rich Conspiracy Bandwagon
Mediaite's Colby Hall Says Hannity Should Apologize for Promoting False Seth Rich Wikileaks Conspiracy

Top notch MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has a source that claims Trump has loans that were co-signed by Russian oligarchs...proving that Trump owes favors to Russians. Oops, wait he lied...what a surprise.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error in Judgment' in Report on Trump Finances After President's Legal Threat

Isn't it amazing how many 'errors in judgement'. Then they want to claim that Trump is the reason we absolutely hate and despise the media.
well trump made him do it.

O'Donnell admitted he fucked up, there are those out there in the media (left/right) that never say they were wrong.
'I'd still like to know why Deutsche Bank would borrow Trump so much money after Trump's defaults with America's largest banks.
Maybe transparent Don is blocking Deutsche from releasing all his data, because Trump is going to write a book abort how he pulled that off, after his four terms are completed?:2up:

How about Alex Jones? Has he apologized to the parents of the grade school victims at Sandy Hook?
Just wondering.

Alrighty then, so how far back do you want to go, and how much time going forward can your BS be used to justify poor behavior?

Alex Jones Sanctioned By Judge For ‘Despicable Tirade’ Against Sandy Hook Lawyer
Mediaite's Colby Hall Says Hannity Should Apologize for Promoting False Seth Rich Wikileaks Conspiracy

What the hell are you telling me....that you can't answer a question?

Just wondering.

Obviously, you didn't read my current links current links. But the main thing is, neither man apologized. And 2 years is old history?
Speaking of time frames, Obama isn't president and Clinton isn't running for president, but that hasn't stopped you or any other Little Trumpsters from reliving the past. As a matter of fact, Jones and Hannity's unfounded conspiracies are more current than 2016 with Obama and Clinton

Just wondering.

Obviously, you didn't read my current links current links. But the main thing is, neither man apologized. And 2 years is old history?
Speaking of time frames, Obama isn't president and Clinton isn't running for president, but that hasn't stopped you or any other Little Trumpsters from reliving the past. As a matter of fact, Jones and Hannity's unfounded conspiracies are more current than 2016 with Obama and Clinton

2 years is old history? How convenient for you, so I'm guessing Obama's legacy is worthless too.

Just wondering.

Alex Jones is getting what a media type deserves when they make unfounded or unverified statements and portray them as truth.

Hannity is only asking questions, as far as I can tell.

That should have been the extent of O'Donnell's comments. Asking questions is not defamation. If you have something more than just asking questions, I will consider it.

Forum List

Back