Finally, a Russian connection.

Just the information about his business dealing with the bank...which would be some good reading!

Yea, don't feel that would be relevant.

How could it not be since he is claiming that lies were told about his loans with the bank

Sigh...Trump wouldn't need to prove he's innocent, MSNBC would have to prove he was guilty.
No, MSNBC would need to prove, as an affirmative defense, that the statements they made were true. They would get discovery into his stuff to prove it.

Now, the court could seal all records and issue a gag order (probably would), but that information would still be out there.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight,” O’Donnell tweeted
That is only correcting a "willful disregard for truth" rather than an outright lie. That is setting it up for discovery right there.

"Error in Judgment"?

:laughing0301:

How about "Fucking Liar POS spreading lies"?

This may be the first time I have ever wanted to see Trump sue someone.

:laugh:

I would like for Trump to sue him as well. Lots of good information could come out during a court case of this kind.

Yep, although none of that information would be good for MSNBC.
They would probably find a few gems about Trump in the process too. But, so be it.

I would guess a judge wouldn't let them veer too far off base.

Just the information about his business dealing with the bank...which would be some good reading!

and waste all that taxpayer money for court cases hiding those records ? NOT A CHANCE.

How could it not be since he is claiming that lies were told about his loans with the bank

Sigh...Trump wouldn't need to prove he's innocent, MSNBC would have to prove he was guilty.
No, MSNBC would need to prove, as an affirmative defense, that the statements they made were true. They would get discovery into his stuff to prove it.

Now, the court could seal all records and issue a gag order (probably would), but that information would still be out there.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight,” O’Donnell tweeted
That is only correcting a "willful disregard for truth" rather than an outright lie. That is setting it up for discovery right there.
Either way you write it was a lie they reported

Oh, I am yelling FAKE NEWS all day long.

I'm just explaining why, in a lawsuit, MSLSD would be allowed discovery to prove the statements made were truthful, as an affirmative defense to defamation.

I'm just explaining why, in a lawsuit, MSLSD would be allowed discovery to prove the statements made were truthful, as an affirmative defense to defamation.

Which is why Trump will not sue...in my opinion.

Which is why Trump will not sue...in my opinion.
I doubt he would either, but MSLSD (O'Donnell) had to apologize and retract because they reported that shit without knowing the truth (willful disregard) and would not be able to prove their sources (because he made that shit up).

O'Donnell admitted he fucked up, there are those out there in the media (left/right) that never say they were wrong.
'I'd still like to know why Deutsche Bank would borrow Trump so much money after Trump's defaults with America's largest banks.
Maybe transparent Don is blocking Deutsche from releasing all his data, because Trump is going to write a book abort how he pulled that off, after his four terms are completed?:2up:

O'Donnell admitted he fucked up, there are those out there in the media (left/right) that never say they were wrong.
'I'd still like to know why Deutsche Bank would borrow Trump so much money after Trump's defaults with America's largest banks.
Maybe transparent Don is blocking Deutsche from releasing all his data, because Trump is going to write a book abort how he pulled that off, after his four terms are completed?:2up:

Sounds like an apology is in order.

Has Sean Hannity apologize to Seth Rich’s family?
How about Alex Jones? Has he apologized to the parents of the grade school victims at Sandy Hook?
Just wondering.

I would guess a judge wouldn't let them veer too far off base.

That is not true, Trump is the plaintiff, making the claim that MSNBC lied.

What is needed to be proven for libel...

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Larry O admitted the statement was false. MSNBC buckled real fast because they knew Trumps lawyer wasn't talking shit. Larry O didn't volunteer to retract his statement, his boss told him to retract it before they get the shit sued out of them. If it would have hurt Trump at all they would have gone to court. They didn't. Says allot.

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Larry O admitted the statement was false. MSNBC buckled real fast because they knew Trumps lawyer wasn't talking shit. Larry O didn't volunteer to retract his statement, his boss told him to retract it before they get the shit sued out of them. If it would have hurt Trump at all they would have gone to court. They didn't. Says allot.

Actually, he did not admit it was false, just that it had not gone though the correct process before airing. He was very careful in his words.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process,” he wrote on Twitter. “I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight.”

and

“Now, I want to stress, that’s a single source,” he said. “This has not been confirmed by NBC News. I have not seen any documentation from Deutsche Bank that supports this and verifies this. This is just a single source who has revealed to me, and that’s where that stands at this point. It’s going to need a lot more verification before that can be a confirmable fact.”

Top notch MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has a source that claims Trump has loans that were co-signed by Russian oligarchs...proving that Trump owes favors to Russians. Oops, wait he lied...what a surprise.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error in Judgment' in Report on Trump Finances After President's Legal Threat

LOL, @ the leftwing dingbats ln this thread -> Trump's Deutsche bank loans cosigned by Russian Oligarch? that have been droning on and on about this story and the Trump "Russia Connection" for 15 pages.

Fuckin' partisan lemmings will believe anything that fits their internal narrative, no matter how unsubstantiated it is....

Has Sean Hannity apologize to Seth Rich’s family?
How about Alex Jones? Has he apologized to the parents of the grade school victims at Sandy Hook?
Just wondering.

Alrighty then, so how far back do you want to go, and how much time going forward can your BS be used to justify poor behavior?

Actually, he did not admit it was false, just that it had not gone though the correct process before airing. He was very careful in his words.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process,” he wrote on Twitter. “I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight.”

and

“Now, I want to stress, that’s a single source,” he said. “This has not been confirmed by NBC News. I have not seen any documentation from Deutsche Bank that supports this and verifies this. This is just a single source who has revealed to me, and that’s where that stands at this point. It’s going to need a lot more verification before that can be a confirmable fact.”
MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell retracts and apologizes for thinly-sourced Trump finances story - CNN
Dumbass....

and

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell retracts and apologizes for thinly-sourced Trump finances story - CNN
Dumbass....

Yep, that is what I said. And read what he said and put on Twitter...never once admitted he lied or that the information was wrong, just that it was not properly verified, at this time.

and

Dumbass....

Yep, that is what I said. And read what he said and put on Twitter...never once admitted he lied or that the information was wrong, just that it was not properly verified, at this time.

A fricken lib showing an ounce of responsibility? That'll be a cold day in hell.

Forum List

Back