Financial fears grow among small business owners with inflation top of mind

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021

The majority of small businesses say they are not better off from a year ago​

And a majority say business is not better than it was a year ago.

The annual State of Small Business poll conducted by Morning Consult and released Thursday shows rising prices remain decision-makers' prime concern, with more than 82% of respondents expressing worries over inflation.

Democrats have never cared about small business. FDR closed the most small businesses with his legislative decisions and the SCOTUS stopped them too late to save the businesses that closed.

Rental businesses are booming ... inflation = profit ... it's only poorly run businesses that are suffering, the ones that should be driven out ...

The majority of small businesses say they are not better off from a year ago​

And a majority say business is not better than it was a year ago.

The annual State of Small Business poll conducted by Morning Consult and released Thursday shows rising prices remain decision-makers' prime concern, with more than 82% of respondents expressing worries over inflation.

Democrats have never cared about small business. FDR closed the most small businesses with his legislative decisions and the SCOTUS stopped them too late to save the businesses that closed.
When tax breaks, grants, and the majority of all other giveaways are given to the super rich, as we have always done, that's what you should expect..

Rental businesses are booming ... inflation = profit ... it's only poorly run businesses that are suffering, the ones that should be driven out ...
what an ignorant statement, not every market in the country falsely inflates their market just for the hell of it like CA, NY, and IL

Were they asked about the falling gas prices and inflation rate in July (and Augusts forecasts) and what effect that will have on business?

what an ignorant statement, not every market in the country falsely inflates their market just for the hell of it like CA, NY, and IL

Bubba didn't finish Middle School ... how does one "falsely inflate" housing costs? ... I charge an extra 100% when I hire a worker to come fix the leaky roof ... licensed construction contractors are jacking their prices up, it's not my fault your costs are skyrocketing ... damn right I'm getting my cut, but that's YOUR problem ...

The key here is "fixed interest mortgages" ... duh ...

Bubba didn't finish Middle School ... how does one "falsely inflate" housing costs? ... I charge an extra 100% when I hire a worker to come fix the leaky roof ... licensed construction contractors are jacking their prices up, it's not my fault your costs are skyrocketing ... damn right I'm getting my cut, but that's YOUR problem ...

The key here is "fixed interest mortgages" ... duh ...
You missed the point, not surprised. IL, NY, and CA impose ridiculous fees and taxes on their small business owners meaning ridiculous costs to the consumer, just one for instance. My breakfast here is around $9.00 here in a restaurant, in Palm Springs, over $20.00. California's cost are driven by policy. God I can't believe this has to be dumbed down for you.

You missed the point, not surprised. IL, NY, and CA impose ridiculous fees and taxes on their small business owners meaning ridiculous costs to the consumer, just one for instance. My breakfast here is around $9.00 here in a restaurant, in Palm Springs, over $20.00. California's cost are driven by policy. God I can't believe this has to be dumbed down for you.

That's a problem for consumers ... business just adds more profit margin ... Capitalism 101 ... [ka'ching] ... this thread is about small business, not consumers ...

If you paid $9, then $4.50 goes to the owner ... in California, you pay $20, then $10 goes to the owner ... whose Schedule C do you want to fill out? ... I've a feeling you're just a middle class smuck who has never ran a small business ... your employer pays your taxes for you because otherwise they wouldn't get paid ...

That's a problem for consumers ... business just adds more profit margin ... Capitalism 101 ... [ka'ching] ... this thread is about small business, not consumers ...

If you paid $9, then $4.50 goes to the owner ... in California, you pay $20, then $10 goes to the owner ... whose Schedule C do you want to fill out? ... I've a feeling you're just a middle class smuck who has never ran a small business ... your employer pays your taxes for you because otherwise they wouldn't get paid ...
You'e right until the cost for the consumer gets too high, and they quit buying. The point is that if they could charge more, they would already be doing it.

we have 300 rental units, fuck off. Again you are not catching on, there is no legitimate reason for California to be double the price. Democratic leadership makes everything cost more while driving disposable income down for everyone

we have 300 rental units, fuck off. Again you are not catching on, there is no legitimate reason for California to be double the price. Democratic leadership makes everything cost more while driving disposable income down for everyone

[Shrugs shoulders] ... then where? ... Alabama? ...

If you have 300 rental units, then you know all real estate markets are local ... just because you live in a third world shit hole doesn't mean other places aren't prospering ... BTW, did you aquire these units before or after the Housing Bust in 2008? ... [giggle] ...

There's more than enough folks who will pay $3,600/mo for a two bedroom apartment in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego ... if they'll pay $4,400/mo, why should I stop them? ...

[Shrugs shoulders] ... then where? ... Alabama? ...

If you have 300 rental units, then you know all real estate markets are local ... just because you live in a third world shit hole doesn't mean other places aren't prospering ... BTW, did you aquire these units before or after the Housing Bust in 2008? ... [giggle] ...

There's more than enough folks who will pay $3,600/mo for a two bedroom apartment in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego ... if they'll pay $4,400/mo, why should I stop them? ...
being able to charge and get 4400 has nothing to do with how ignorant is for a state to drive the cost of living through the roof just because it can. Of course soon California will be even more dry without water sources

The USA's annual GDP is around $21T. The USA is almost $31T dollars in debt. It costs almost $600B a year to just maintain that debt. And they are calling for increased spending? Regardless of what it will do to inflation, what kind of lunacy is this? The only solutions to this problem are to 1) decrease spending or 2) increase taxes. The Democrats have obviously chosen Option 2. Vote accordingly.

Forum List

Back