First amendment win

I think the evidence is overwhelming and admitted in some cases that the government used social media to push a single message endorsed by the government and suppress all contradictions/opposing information, questions about, or disagreement with that message.

I wish the source used in the OP was more clear about that, i.e. the court was forbidding the Administration from using social media in a way that suppressed freedom of thought, belief, speech instead of the initial impression that they were forbidden to meet about anything.

If you read the article, you'd know that's not the case.

but I do not expect the bottom feeding dems to listen to the judge. They most likely keep on their censorship kick.
If they do that they will pay a price for such folly in the near future. Biden is going to get himself impeached.

I've read several articles on it. I stand by my post.

It was simply a temporary injunction against government officials communicating with big tech companies in any manner that would impair freedom of speech. I doesn't apply to any kind of criminal activity.

I think the evidence is overwhelming and admitted in some cases that the government used social media to push a single message endorsed by the government and suppress all contradictions/opposing information, questions about, or disagreement with that message.

I wish the source used in the OP was more clear about that, i.e. the court was forbidding the Administration from using social media in a way that suppressed freedom of thought, belief, speech instead of the initial impression that they were forbidden to meet about anything.
It's kind of irrelevant, as this won't stand.

The Feds looked at the case, saw who the judge was, and are waiting to see that it's quashed at a higher level.

If it makes it as far as SCOTUS, your allegedly conservative majority will disappoint you.

The Feds have done VASTLY worse things than their admittedly odious behavior in these instances, so while I appreciate this judge's sentiments, they have no staying power.

It's kind of irrelevant, as this won't stand.

The Feds looked at the case, saw who the judge was, and are waiting to see that it's quashed at a higher level.

If it makes it as far as SCOTUS, your allegedly conservative majority will disappoint you.

The Feds have done VASTLY worse things than their admittedly odious behavior in these instances, so while I appreciate this judge's sentiments, they have no staying power.
Election interference/meddling is pretty serious. If the American public does not have confidence in our elections we are pretty much toast as a representative democratic republic. And according to recent Rasmussen polls a full 2/3rds of Americans expect there to be cheating next year. If the MSM and social media had not exaggerated news favorable to Biden and suppressed any news unfavorable to him, the election likely would have gone very differently even with all the blatant irregularities.

I think you might be surprised that the Supreme Court might very well agree with me.

Which only means more votes for Dems or as your kind calls it, rigged elections.
Well, this wasn't a SCOTUS ruling - far from it - but if it gets that far, it will be reversed; SCOTUS is ultimately part of the Deep Swamp.

But to your point, the more the Republicans get what they want, the worse it will be for them.

It's like feeding a diabetic nothing but sweets, and Ol' Clarence is playing Sugar Daddy in what will be the catastrophic collapse of conservatism.

Election interference/meddling is pretty serious. If the American public does not have confidence in our elections we are pretty much toast as a representative democratic republic. And according to recent Rasmussen polls a full 2/3rds of Americans expect there to be cheating next year. If the MSM and social media had not exaggerated news favorable to Biden and suppressed any news unfavorable to him, the election likely would have gone very differently even with all the blatant irregularities.

I think you might be surprised that the Supreme Court might very well agree with me.
Oh no doubt the Deep Swamp and the Dems are super odious, and engaged in constant election interference.

But SCOTUS is the Swamp's ultimate rubber stamp, and what The People think and want, no matter how rational, is irrelevant.

Oh no doubt the Deep Swamp and the Dems are super odious, and engaged in constant election interference.

But SCOTUS is the Swamp's ultimate rubber stamp, and what The People think and want, no matter how rational, is irrelevant.
I disagree. SCOTUS has been ruling as constitutionalists quite consistently lately. It has been a breath of fresh air. And the Swamp hates that with a passion.

I disagree. SCOTUS has been ruling as constitutionalists quite consistently lately. It has been a breath of fresh air. And the Swamp hates that with a passion.
Hmmm.

SCOTUS is doing a good job of giving conservatives what they want, and that had some serious negative repercussions for the Republicans in 2024.

Merely coincidental...?

This SCOTUS may be the worst thing that ever happened to the Republicans.

Not at all.

The cases that will affect this kind of odious Deep Swamp conduct must be aimed at the Big Tech companies themselves; what this judge did has no teeth.
um thr companies are free to censor…the issue and danger to freedom however is when when govt does it…in this case the former leaders of tweeter were in a fascist relationship with the xiden admin. That is a threat to our republic

erm no; not legally

the govt didn't do it - BT did

erm no
1) really? what law prevents them?
2) who's BT? According to the evidence presented to the Court, which was outlined in the ruling, the Govt very much did it, hence why the Court ordered what they did
3) Again, according to the evidence, that is true....and yes, it very much is a threat to our Republic

Doughty cited “substantial evidence” of a far-reaching censorship campaign. He wrote that the “evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario. During the COVID-19 pandemic, a period perhaps best characterized by widespread doubt and uncertainty, the United States Government seems to have assumed a role similar to an Orwellian ‘Ministry of Truth.’ ”

“The evidence in our case is shocking and offensive with senior federal officials deciding that they could dictate what Americans can and cannot say on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms about COVID-19, elections, criticism of the government, and more,” Landry said in a statement.

A link to the Order...very damning of the Xiden Admin, Orwellian tactics..https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23867004-08917380420?responsive=1&title=1

Hmmm.

SCOTUS is doing a good job of giving conservatives what they want, and that had some serious negative repercussions for the Republicans in 2024.

Merely coincidental...?

This SCOTUS may be the worst thing that ever happened to the Republicans.
SCOTUS is doing a good job of doing what is right. What is constitutional. ALL Americans should want that.

1) really? what law prevents them?
2) who's BT? According to the evidence presented to the Court, which was outlined in the ruling, the Govt very much did it, hence why the Court ordered what they did
3) Again, according to the evidence, that is true....and yes, it very much is a threat to our Republic

Doughty cited “substantial evidence” of a far-reaching censorship campaign. He wrote that the “evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario. During the COVID-19 pandemic, a period perhaps best characterized by widespread doubt and uncertainty, the United States Government seems to have assumed a role similar to an Orwellian ‘Ministry of Truth.’ ”

“The evidence in our case is shocking and offensive with senior federal officials deciding that they could dictate what Americans can and cannot say on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms about COVID-19, elections, criticism of the government, and more,” Landry said in a statement.

A link to the Order...very damning of the Xiden Admin, Orwellian tactics..https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23867004-08917380420?responsive=1&title=1
BT = Big Tech

All else irrelevant, incorrect and/or already addressed in this and previous threads on the topic.

It's a garbage ruling, and will not stand.

Last edited:
SCOTUS is doing a good job of doing what is right.
Subjective, and not what I'm talking about.

Conservatives getting what they want will be the last nail in the coffin of conservatism.

I get that like liberals, conservatives live in a bubble and can't perceive larger realities, but SCOTUS is destroying you, and I don't think it's necessarily incidental.
What is constitutional. ALL Americans should want that.
Irrelevant; the Deep Swamp gets what it wants, and The People can eat cake. :)

Forum List

Back