First Major Paper To Apologize

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
That I know of.

Will there be more?

I wouldn't hold my breath but here's a little bit of it.

Oh, I need two more paragraphs.

How's this one?

Maybe one more?

Here ya go --

Apologies to President Trump

Read the whole thing. It's worth it

......We in the media allowed unproven charges and false accusations to dominate the news landscape for more than two years, in a way that was wildly unbalanced and disproportionate to the evidence.

We did a poor job of tracking down leaks of false information. We failed to reasonably weigh the motives of anonymous sources and those claiming to have secret, special evidence of Trump’s “treason.”

As such, we reported a tremendous amount of false information, always to Trump’s detriment.

And when we corrected our mistakes, we often doubled down more than we apologized. We may have been technically wrong on that tiny point, we would acknowledge. But, in the same breath, we would insist that Trump was so obviously guilty of being Russian President Vladimir Putin’s puppet that the technical details hardly mattered.

So, a round of apologies seem in order.......

I'm wondering how this will be handled by the Doomberry comic. I think Gary Trudeau has a very severe case of TDS.

dimocraps are such incredible scum, it's almost painful to watch as they lie their way through life.....

Rewind: Watch the Media Spend Two Years Hyping a Now-Debunked Story

Over just the last couple of weeks, these TV talking heads — such as former U.S. prosecutor and current CNN analyst Preet Bharara as well as former CIA director and MSNBC analyst John Brennan — confidently projected Mueller would issue more indictments before wrapping his probe.

More dramatically, the media sometimes claimed these “bombshells” — many of which turned out to be untrue — were evidence of outright treason, a crime punishable by death.

“The spirit of what Trump did is clearly treasonous,” presidential historian and CNN commentator, Douglas Brinkley, said. Over on MSNBC, former Watergate prosecutor and MSNBC commentator, Nick Ackerman, said of reports Russia was helping the Trump campaign: “There’s outright treason.”

Other reporters and anchors forecast inevitable jail sentences for those in Trump’s inner circle.

In December 2017, MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski said the Trump Team might be going to jail "for the rest of their lives."

In December 2018, CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked Delaware Sen. Coons — as he often does — if he thought Trump might be facing jail time. Sen. Coons said yes, "the issues outlined against both Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, I think, continue to sharpen the ways in which it is clear that the Mueller investigation has produced a whole series of actions not previously exposed to the public."

Democratic lawmakers were not immune from setting lofty expectations from the outcome of the investigation. In December 2018, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Trump could be the first president "to face the prospect of jail time."

"My takeaway is there’s a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office the Justice Department may indict him, that he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," Rep. Schiff said. "We have been discussing the issue of pardons that the president may offer to people or dangle in front of people. The bigger pardon question may come down the road as the next president has to determine whether to pardon Donald Trump."

In March 2017, Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said the evidence he had already seen was enough proof of collusion he predicted prison sentences.

"My impression is after all of this is said and done that some people end up in jail,” he told CNN's Blitzer. "My impression is that people will probably be charged and probably go to jail.”

In March 2018, ABC's Joy Behar hopefully predicted of the Trump family: “I think they’re all going to end up together in prison and maybe that’s a good thing.”

And that’s just skimming the surface. Check out the montage above for more.

That I know of.

Will there be more?

How's this one?

Maybe one more?

Here ya go --

......We in the media allowed unproven charges and false accusations to dominate the news landscape for more than two years, in a way that was wildly unbalanced and disproportionate to the evidence.

We did a poor job of tracking down leaks of false information. We failed to reasonably weigh the motives of anonymous sources and those claiming to have secret, special evidence of Trump’s “treason.”

As such, we reported a tremendous amount of false information, always to Trump’s detriment.

And when we corrected our mistakes, we often doubled down more than we apologized. We may have been technically wrong on that tiny point, we would acknowledge. But, in the same breath, we would insist that Trump was so obviously guilty of being Russian President Vladimir Putin’s puppet that the technical details hardly mattered.

Learn how to read.
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL
This was an op ed by a Sinclair pundit. It was a well written piece; I saw it already. Decent of The Hill to publish it, too. But it was not an apology by the paper.

Apologies are dead on arrival...they can apologize while they are closing up shop....turn off the lib media and stop buying their propaganda newsprint....
Can't wait to see them all in the unemployment line....

Trump
By Sharyl Attkisson, opinion contributor — 03/25/19 09:30 AM EDT 5,058
The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

CNN is actually dissing John Brennan and talking about apologies to Trump!

The papers or networks themselves are not going to apologize. They're on a mission, and this is just a glitch.

Matt Taibbi, certainly no conservative, has come about as close as it's gonna get.

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD

It’s a mania. Putin is literally in our underpants. Maybe, if we’re lucky, New York might someday admit its report claiming Russians set up an anti-masturbation hotline to trap and blackmail random Americans is suspicious, not just because it seems absurd on its face, but because its source is the same “New Knowledge” group that admitted to faking Russian influence operations in Alabama.

Trump
By Sharyl Attkisson, opinion contributor — 03/25/19 09:30 AM EDT 5,058
The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Yeah, certainly that's no newspaper editorial. However, Edgetho did provide an excellent click bait headline like those commonly found all too often in today's media. They're sort of my pet peeve when it comes to professional journalism, but I don't mind them here given our opportunity to respond.

God I hope they flip on Obama like they should .. lock him up and democrats will forever shut up

Why apologize to the scumbag? Has he ever apologized to the 1000's of people he fuked up during his life?

That I know of.

Will there be more?

How's this one?

Maybe one more?

Here ya go --

thats sharyl attkisson - she's always had class and never bought into the hype. she's one of the few people i call a "journalist" and she's honest to the core.

Forum List

Back