Flashback 2020: Minneapolis Mayor Frey: Gov. Walz hesitated to deploy National Guard during riots

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Of course he failed to act to protect citizens. Even while the city was screaming for help. There was an election and maximum chaos was required. He doesn’t give a crap about innocent people.

2020:
“Now Frey is speaking out, saying Gov. Tim Walz failed to take his requests for help seriously until it was too late.

In an interview Monday, Frey said that Walz hesitated to send in the National Guard to quell the growing violence and then blamed him for allowing the city to burn.

"Through an extremely difficult situation, I told the truth," Frey said Monday. "I relayed information as best I could to state partners. And we did what was demanded for the sake of our city."
Texts and e-mails obtained from Minneapolis by the Star Tribune through public records requests show the city was trying to give Walz and the state Department of Public Safety what they said they needed to move forward.

State officials, meanwhile, said the city did not provide the detailed information they needed to deploy the Guard until the next day. By then, dozens of buildings had been looted and torched.”

Of course he failed to act to protect citizens. Even while the city was screaming for help. There was an election and maximum chaos was required. He doesn’t give a crap about innocent people.

2020:
“Now Frey is speaking out, saying Gov. Tim Walz failed to take his requests for help seriously until it was too late.

In an interview Monday, Frey said that Walz hesitated to send in the National Guard to quell the growing violence and then blamed him for allowing the city to burn.

"Through an extremely difficult situation, I told the truth," Frey said Monday. "I relayed information as best I could to state partners. And we did what was demanded for the sake of our city."
Texts and e-mails obtained from Minneapolis by the Star Tribune through public records requests show the city was trying to give Walz and the state Department of Public Safety what they said they needed to move forward.

State officials, meanwhile, said the city did not provide the detailed information they needed to deploy the Guard until the next day. By then, dozens of buildings had been looted and torched.”

Wouldn't want to hurt anybody while they all loot and commit other acts of violence. I know where I live the Democratic governments thought the situation would be worse if they tried enforcing the law so they just let things happen. But if anyone actually was arrested in Minnesota, they could count on Kamala Harris's bail fund to get them out.

Forum List

Back