FLASHBACK: ABC's ’08 Prediction: NYC Under Water from Climate Change By June 2015

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Remember the thread by some liberal turd about how Republicans make so many wrong predictions?

FLASHBACK ABC s 08 Prediction NYC Under Water from Climate Change By June 2015

New York City underwater? Gas over $9 a gallon? A carton of milk costs almost $13? Welcome to June 12, 2015. Or at least that was the wildly-inaccurate version of 2015 predicted by ABC News exactly seven years ago. Appearing on Good Morning America in 2008, Bob Woodruff hyped Earth 2100, a special that pushed apocalyptic predictions of the then-futuristic 2015.

The segment included supposedly prophetic videos, such as a teenager declaring, "It's June 8th, 2015. One carton of milk is $12.99." (On the actual June 8, 2015, a gallon of milk cost, on average, $3.39.) Another clip featured this prediction for the current year: "Gas reached over $9 a gallon." (In reality, gas costs an average of $2.75.)

They been wrong right down the line.

Acid Rain
Global Cooling.
Over population.

These people are a joke.

Remember the thread by some liberal turd about how Republicans make so many wrong predictions?

New York City underwater? Gas over $9 a gallon? A carton of milk costs almost $13? Welcome to June 12, 2015. Or at least that was the wildly-inaccurate version of 2015 predicted by ABC News exactly seven years ago. Appearing on Good Morning America in 2008, Bob Woodruff hyped Earth 2100, a special that pushed apocalyptic predictions of the then-futuristic 2015.

The segment included supposedly prophetic videos, such as a teenager declaring, "It's June 8th, 2015. One carton of milk is $12.99." (On the actual June 8, 2015, a gallon of milk cost, on average, $3.39.) Another clip featured this prediction for the current year: "Gas reached over $9 a gallon." (In reality, gas costs an average of $2.75.)

But --- this IS June 2015. So you're saying Barack O'bama saved the world?

OK .... whatever.
snore.gif

I beleive that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that man's contribution to increasing CO2 has some effect on the climate. That being said, I'm a skeptic when it comes to the many doomsday predictions and exaggerations from the global warming cult.

Historically, warm is good and cold is bad for the prosperity of humans.

Last edited:
Democrats say we are all gonna die if we don't pass a climate change carbon tax...:eusa_think: Democrats and tax increases yes I think we know what they are up to.

I beleive that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that man's contribution to increasing CO2 has some effect on the climate. That being said, I'm a skeptic when it comes to the many doomsday predictions and exaggerations from the global warming cult.

Historically, warm is good and cold is bad for the prosperity of we humans.

Geologically, high C02 concentrations have led to abnormal temperatures globally, and to anoxic conditions in the oceans, which resulted in the mass extinction of some 95% of all life on Earth. Is that the legacy we should be leaving future generations?

Geologically, high C02 concentrations have led to abnormal temperatures globally, and to anoxic conditions in the oceans, which resulted in the mass extinction of some 95% of all life on Earth. Is that the legacy we should be leaving future generations?

I was under the impression that a climate altering meteor strike had something to do with at least one of the mass extinctions. At least that is one of the theories. Would humans have even evolved without these mass extinctions?

I was under the impression that a climate altering meteor strike had something to do with at least one of the mass extinctions. At least that is one of the theories. Would humans have even evolved without these mass extinctions?

I was referring to the Permian/Triassic extinction, not the K-T extinction. But since you brought up the K-T extinction:

Volcanoes Not Meteorite Killed Dinosaurs Scientist Argues

SAN FRANCISCO — Volcanic activity in modern-day India, not an asteroid, may have killed the dinosaurs, according to a new study.

Tens of thousands of years of lava flow from the Deccan Traps, a volcanic region near Mumbai in present-day India, may have spewed poisonous levels of sulfur and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and caused the mass extinction through the resulting global warming and ocean acidification, the research suggests.

This is something I've hypothesized and written on since the mid-1980s.

OK .... whatever.
snore.gif
He would need to step off the golf course to do that.

You mean they had cars then? Or did the earth do it naturally?

OK .... whatever.
snore.gif

Don't you remember?

You mean they had cars then? Or did the earth do it naturally?

The point is that the connection between C02 and global temperatures is there. It is real.

Forum List

Back