Florida Allies Backdown Giving $5Million In Taxpayer Money To Pay Trump's Legal Bills After DeSantis Threatens Veto

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
One of Florida's highest-profile billionaires is no longer set to get state funds to help pay his legal fees, as a newly proposed bill from his allies unraveled on Monday.

Supporters of former President Donald Trump this month introduced a bill in Florida that would establish the "Florida Freedom Fighters Fund" for "victims of political discrimination," which, if passed, would allow the state's Department of Financial Services to disperse up to $5 million to eligible politicians from the state's public campaign-matching funds program to pay legal bills.

A bill to give $5 million of tax payer money to a billionaire politician, to help with legal bills?

A billionaire politician is a victim?

I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. Thats the most disgusting thing I've heard of in politics in a while.

Anybody here, Democrat, or Republican that supports that?

One of Florida's highest-profile billionaires is no longer set to get state funds to help pay his legal fees, as a newly proposed bill from his allies unraveled on Monday.

Supporters of former President Donald Trump this month introduced a bill in Florida that would establish the "Florida Freedom Fighters Fund" for "victims of political discrimination," which, if passed, would allow the state's Department of Financial Services to disperse up to $5 million to eligible politicians from the state's public campaign-matching funds program to pay legal bills.

A bill to give $5 million of tax payer money to a billionaire politician, to help with legal bills?

I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. Thats the most disgusting thing I've heard of in politics in a while.

Why not, we certainly give our share of it to Poopeypants bank account dont we skrewey?

Isn't Florida/DeSantis getting sued for human trafficking of migrants? They should use the money for that.

Forum List

Back