Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis: "We will NEVER do any of these lockdowns again."

DeSantis is smart enough to know that lockdowns are every bit as devastating, if not more so, than any virus.

Simple precautionary measures can greatly curtail the spread of the virus. Forcing businesses to close in addition to those simple measures might have a marginal impact, but not significant enough to risk people's livelihoods, their homes, etc.

Through all of this, I personally know only two people, a husband and wife, who've had it. That's it. She was positive but asymptomatic, and passed it to her husband. He's been in the hospital for a while, but he's well on his way to making a full recovery.

The response was a bit overboard, and DeSantis is simply letting his constituents know that they're not going to have to go through that shit again...

DeSantis is smart enough to know that lockdowns are every bit as devastating, if not more so, than any virus.

Simple precautionary measures can greatly curtail the spread of the virus. Forcing businesses to close in addition to those simple measures might have a marginal impact, but not significant enough to risk people's livelihoods, their homes, etc.

Through all of this, I personally know only two people, a husband and wife, who've had it. That's it. She was positive but asymptomatic, and passed it to her husband. He's been in the hospital for a while, but he's well on his way to making a full recovery.

The response was a bit overboard, and DeSantis is simply letting his constituents know that they're not going to have to go through that shit again...
But the problem is, half the population are not willing to take those precautionary measures, to stay opened in a fairly safe condition.... I'm uncertain the economy can come back, full force, with the above, being the case.....

You all know Florida has a lot of tourism. This virus has done its damage. Orlando/Orange County has been hurt bad with the theme parks. Surrounding counties affected by it also. All beach towns have been affected. The cruise industry is on life support. At least five ports for that. Big cities have been affected. A nazi prog would have made things many times worse. Its time for the nation to recover from this.

But the problem is, half the population are not willing to take those precautionary measures, to stay opened in a fairly safe condition.... I'm uncertain the economy can come back, full force, with the above, being the case.....

I don't think that's correct at all.

St. Augustine has mandated the wearing of masks indoors when social distancing of 6' cannot be achieved. When outdoors masks are not required, although many people still wear them.

I was downtown yesterday and stopped into a pawn shop to see if they had anything new or intriguing. Everyone, staff and customers alike, were wearing masks.

On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store. This particular store is outside the city limits and the mask mandate is not in effect. Well, there were probably 100 people in the store, and I saw two people not wearing masks.

Two.

That's a whole helluva' lot less than "half".

Like it or not, grabbing a mask has become second nature at this point. Sure, there are gonna' be shitheads who decree that it violates their rights. Well, so what? Also, there's not a single business owner in the State of Florida who can't require the wearing of masks inside their business.

DeSantis is seeing to it that Florida's residents don't suffer the crushing blow of the over-reaching precautions that were really just a knee jerk reaction to the virus...

I believe I mentioned something earlier about hysteria?

Take your fake "precautionary measures" and shove them where the sun don't shine....The whole thing has been a big fat political ruse, and most of the nation has woken up to the fact.

The shutdown's only purpose was to keep hospitals running profitably ... stretch the infection rate out as to not overwhelm the health care service industry ... it's critical that these business maintain the facade of dire necessity ... if too many Covid-19 patients are left outside, and then recover on their own, people will lose their religious faith in doctors and their potions ... as with the alchemists, it's all about making money ...

One positive I've noticed about wearing a mask is that it hides my smile ... I'm not getting as many beautiful 20-something girls throwing their young tender bodies at me ... been saving a bunch of time mending my clothes ... fewer trips to the dump with loads of just knickers ...

Take your fake "precautionary measures" and shove them where the sun don't shine....The whole thing has been a big fat political ruse, and most of the nation has woken up to the fact.
You are being silly!
I was replying to Cannon Shooter' s precautionary measures, that he mentioned could make us safe to stay opened..... did you have the same problem with him and respond to him, with such angst and vigor? ;)

You are being silly!
I was replying to Cannon Shooter' s precautionary measures, that he mentioned could make us safe to stay opened..... did you have the same problem with him and respond to him, with such angst and vigor? ;)

No, he didn't.

Then again, I didn't comment on the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of these supposed "protective measures". I merely replied to the comment that half the population doesn't wear masks. My experience is that the vast majority do wear them...

The shutdown's only purpose was to keep hospitals running profitably ... stretch the infection rate out as to not overwhelm the health care service industry ... it's critical that these business maintain the facade of dire necessity ... if too many Covid-19 patients are left outside, and then recover on their own, people will lose their religious faith in doctors and their potions ... as with the alchemists, it's all about making money ...

One positive I've noticed about wearing a mask is that it hides my smile ... I'm not getting as many beautiful 20-something girls throwing their young tender bodies at me ... been saving a bunch of time mending my clothes ... fewer trips to the dump with loads of just knickers ...
The shut down was because of the hospitals as you mentioned!

But mainly due to not having testing, enough testing to know where the virus was spreading rapidly...

We were blind. We had no idea how bad it was, or where it was, or where the virus was heading next.

But the second reason was because it was suppose to reduce the positive cases to a low enough number, that testing, and contact tracing, with isolation of the positive cases, we could keep the virus down, hospitals uncrowded, and fairly safe, in the economy, to go back to work, with those protective measures mentioned earlier.

We still do not have enough testing on a timely basis being done, to contain it.... that is why New states keep popping up, as new hotspots.... that, and youngsters not taking precautions....

Way to go,Governor Ron!

source (4).gif

We still do not have enough testing on a timely basis being done

That's absolutely right.

When I got my first Covid test, it took almost nine days to get the result.

Today, a woman can pee on a stick and determine if she's pregnant or not. We should have something similar with the Covid test.

Subsequent Covid tests (I've had four total) have come back negative in about a week, but that's still way too long...

You are being silly!
No, I'm not being silly...This is the biggest line of bullshit ever foisted on the Murican people....If the constantly moving goalposts, and the constantly changing and outright fabricated numbers, and the constantly changing stories on what or won't "keep us safe" can't convince you, what would?

LOL..Desantis says he will not do lockdowns again but Florida is still in semi-lockdown for its bars and restaurants. Not to mention DeSantis just extended the eviction moratorium until October and a foreclosure eviction moratorium until December 31, 2020.

i'm moving to Florida!

Go for it.

Intelligent people won't and don't.

By not getting the virus under control, he is destroying the economy of Florida.

People aren't going to go there to spend their money.

They heavily depend on tourist dollars. They don't properly tax their population and depend on their heavy taxes on tourists to fund their state economy. The last time I was in Florida there was FIVE separate taxes on hotel and car rentals. The tax on the rentals was nearly as much as the principle of the rental.

People aren't going to Florida to spend their money. That is devastating the state.

So the governor is doing a lot of harm to that state.

Forum List

Back