Florida Judge Rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional

Last page....

screenshot19og.jpg

So what about the two judges who ruled it wasn't unconstitutional? Their decisions make it official too?

I guess you an post their decision saying it is if you like, but the one I posted says it is unconstitutional....

Point is, nothing is official...either way.

Hi Trajan:

I have asked twice before, putting aside sevrability, how we would go forward minus the mandate, don't recall getting answer.

the money shot-

Judge Vinson-

"Because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire Act must be declared void ..."...

First the Govt sits on its incompetent hands and allows 20 million illegal aliens to waltz in an take jobs from Americans. Then the Govt allows a Kenyan-born immigrant to Indonesia (Barry) to squat in the White House and with Washington Lobbyists create a Health Care Mandate that forces everyone to buy health insurance to redistribute the wealth accordingly.

We have 23 percent unemployment and 45 million citizens on food stamps and the idiots in Washington are trying to figure out a way to make all of their illegal aliens "Legal." That is a nice kick in the face for every unemployed citizen that cannot afford health care and would be fined for not having mandated health insurance. Thankfully we have a few good judges with a little bit of common sense that realize ObamaCare will never fly.

GL,

Terral

I particularly like the "entire law must be declared void" part. :thup:

It's like Greta just said, that's because those not particularly bright lawyer lawmakers didn't but a severence clause innit?? Priceless.

A federal judge has ruled that the health care reform bill signed into law by President Barack Obama in March is unconstitutional.

Judge Roger Vinson, a Reagan appointee serving in Pensacola, Florida, ruled that key components of the law are unconstitutional and that the entire law "must be declared void."

MSNBC

We now have two judges who say it's unconstitutional and two judges who say it's not.

Well, that's more than half the United States then,, unless you izz like obie wan tubanuba and think there are 57..:lol::lol:

What lies?

Apparently the authors of the bill didn't think about the Constitutional ramifications of, well, ramming it down our throats....

0bamacare is now officially unconstitutional...:clap2:

the law isn't unconstitjutional by any measure given prior precedent.

what lies? really?

that it's 'job killing'
that it's unconstitutional
that there are death panels.

it's a whole bunch of stupid when a bunch of idiots run on a platform of taking health coverage away from kids.

what what the hell... right?

and what i do know is vinson's decision has no basis iaw where it says that the whole bill has to be thrown out.

that's one of the dumbest comments i've ever heard a judge make.... ever.

and why is the bill officially "unconsitutional" because two lower court judges don't like it.

two do.

bfd.

you're smarter than that.

whose taking care from kids? Schip has been around for a while....right?

Yep,, yes,, si' and paid for by smokers,, yep yes and si'

From what I am hearing is that it still will be going to the SC. What was claimed unconstitutional was the insurance mandate. Which in it's own right should kill the whole law but that is yet to be seen.

no. if the court looks at a law, even if it decides that part is unconstitutional (which it isn't unless scalia and his buds continue to be hacks), then only the part that is unconstitutional is struck down.

you'd know that if you weren't just spewing.

Generally that is true, but there are exceptions. Please note that I am not saying that finding the mandate unconstitutional makes the whole law unconstitutional, but there have been cases in the past where an entire law was declared unconstitutional because a fundamental part of it is unconstitutional. Whether this will eventually hold up is for the courts to decide, not you or me.

This is Karma:

“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’” Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.

Judge uses Obama's words against him - Washington Times

This is Karma:

“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’” Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.

Dontcha just hate it when that happens? :lol::lol::lol:

Since the judge declared the law unconstitutional, what happens to the parts of the law that have been implemented? For example, the law includes a provision that Seniors that fall into the Medicare drug coverage gap get a 50% discount on brand name drugs. This part of the law has been implemented and it effects millions of seniors this year. In fact, there are probably a number of seriously ill seniors that are using this part of law now. There are also several other parts of the law that have been implemented.

I particularly like the "entire law must be declared void" part. :thup:

My understanding is when Congress writes a law they insert a clause saying if one part is found unconstitutional the rest of the law can be separated from the part. Here they neglected to do so. So the entire law must be struck down if one part is unconstitutional.

Didn't the left-nuts tell us all this suing in court was a waste of taxpayer money, that the law would never be found unconstitutional?

No.

This is Karma:

The original healthcare bill did not include the mandate. It included a single payer system which would have cut out the health insurance companies. The pressure and big bucks from insurance companies insured that a single payer system would not pass. So to get the law passed, Obama backed down. In so doing, he lost a lot of support from Democrats because the bill was not what he promised.

We're starting to hear some rumblings that if the bill were overturn, the next healthcare bill in the offering could be a single payer system if Democrats get control of Congress and the presidency.

This is Karma:

The original healthcare bill did not include the mandate. It included a single payer system which would have cut out the health insurance companies. The pressure and big bucks from insurance companies insured that a single payer system would not pass. So to get the law passed, Obama backed down. In so doing, he lost a lot of support from Democrats because the bill was not what he promised.

We're starting to hear some rumblings that if the bill were overturn, the next healthcare bill in the offering could be a single payer system if Democrats get control of Congress and the presidency.
Yeah...And if monkeys fly out my ass.

Since the judge declared the law unconstitutional, what happens to the parts of the law that have been implemented? For example, the law includes a provision that Seniors that fall into the Medicare drug coverage gap get a 50% discount on brand name drugs. This part of the law has been implemented and it effects millions of seniors this year. In fact, there are probably a number of seriously ill seniors that are using this part of law now. There are also several other parts of the law that have been implemented.

Let not your heart be troubled. Before he gave that pittiance to seniors he stole 960Billion dollars from their medicare fund.....lots and lots of them will not get the care they need. errrrr needed in some cases.

This is Karma:

It's one of the reasons why the Big Government types loathe the internets and blogosphere. They get caught in their lies.

This could be a great thing for progressives. NO liberal Democrats wanted the individual mandate, which is a Republican idea the Heritage Foundation created. The House passed a bill with a public option, the Senate had 2 bills, one with and one without. But, the public option was nixed by conservative Democrats and the Senator from Aetna, Low LIEberman...

The individual mandate is the only way private insurance cartels can accept the measures ALL Americans agree on, no preexisting conditions, no canceled policies, no denied coverage and 80 cents of every dollar having to go to medical treatments.

It will be interesting to see how Republicans twist in the wind when their true priorities are endangered...huge profits for insurance cartels and fucking the people.

Forum List

Back