Florida Lottery says MAIL in your wining ticket - but your loss if lost

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
ALL Florida Lottery offices are closed until further notice.
Yet they are still selling tickets.

Problem is, you cannot redeem your ticket in person. They say you must MAIL your winning ticket for verification but the Florida Lottery Commission will accept no liability for lost tickets. this is an incredible liability for lotto players who win big.

WTF?

What if I'm holding a multi million dollar winning ticket?
Normally, you would take a ticket for more than $600 to the local REGIONAL LOTTERY OFFICE. Anything greater than $999,999 MUST be taken directly to the Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee.

So, SEVERAL greater than $100 million dollar PowerBall tickets have occurred.
If YOU had a $287 MILLION dollar winning lottery ticket would you trust the mail system to redeem that ticket knowing it is your loss if the ticket fails to arrive?how much would it cost to insure a package for 287 Million?

This is insane. They are raking in all the cash, but making it a huge risk to redeem the ticket.
If I were people I would stop buying lotto tickets until they re-open at least ONE office for in person redemption.

what say you?

Last edited:
Umm... Even if they give you the money, that's pretty much what he's doing.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Further more it is off topic.
The thread is not about what I can afford, but rather practices of the Florida Lottery Commission, genius.
Just because you never win doesn't mean everyone else is a loser too.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Clearly... Because then you say:
Further more it is off topic.
No... it is not. You obviously have no idea how the lottery works.

The thread is not about what I can afford, but rather practices of the Florida Lottery Commission you freak.
Just because you never win doesn't mean everyone is is a similar loser.
Umm... I suggest you google what the lottery money goes to.

Always remember... Nobody can make you look stupid. You have to do it. When you don't know something.. it's wise to assume that someone else might. Calling them names while doing it is... Well... I'm happy I'm here for this.

Edit: Also note... I wasn't talking to you. Look at the quote tree.

Always remember... Nobody can make you look stupid. You have to do it. When you don't know something.. it's wise to assume that someone else might. Calling them names while doing it is... Well... I'm happy I'm here for this.

Well duh, knucklehead, it goes to education......they say it right on their website.

You look stupid, because you can't comprehend the topic....but it sure wasn't about what I can afford or where lottery money goes.
Comprehension skills - ZERO

"Shelzin is an Asshole" according to your Avatar
Got it :itsok:

Well duh, knucklehead, it goes to education......they say it right on their website.

You look stupid, because you can't comprehend the topic....but it sure wasn't about what I can afford or where lottery money goes.
Comprehension skills - ZERO

"Shelzin is an Asshole" according to your Avatar
Got it :itsok:
*nods*

16 or 17?

Registered mail? Certified? Priority?Express? Tracking, insurance, restricted delivery?

The state lottery is vice. You need a federal intermediary for the service of process so you don't get arrested on state property like Reality Winner — but she was federal to begin with, wasn't she?

Problem is, you cannot redeem your ticket in person. They say you must MAIL your winning ticket for verification but the Florida Lottery Commission will accept no liability for lost tickets. this is an incredible liability for lotto players who win big.

WTF?

Normally, you would take a ticket for more than $600 to the local REGIONAL LOTTERY OFFICE. Anything greater than $999,999 MUST be taken directly to the Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee.

If YOU had a $287 MILLION dollar winning lottery ticket would you trust the mail system to redeem that ticket knowing it is your loss if the ticket fails to arrive?how much would it cost to insure a package for 287 Million?

This is insane. They are raking in all the cash, but making it a huge risk to redeem the ticket.
If I were people I would stop buying lotto tickets until they re-open at least ONE office for in person redemption.

what say you?

If you win 287 million, its quite worth just going there and dropping it in the mail slot personally. In a great big oversized envelope that they wont miss.

WTF?

what say you?
It beats what Illinois has been doing for years...

They sell lottery tickets, then if you show up with a winning one, they tell you "Fuck off, we're too broke to pay it"....

287 mil ?
Im Waiting till the doors open

Right?
They clearly warn you that they are not responsible for mailed tickets.
Problem is, they auto expire the tickets after 180 days.
You are totally at the mercy of whoever receives and opens your package.

Lottey Commission
Tallahassee, FL

"Dear John Doe, of Miami, FL.
We received a package from you last week with a photocopy of a ticket for $100 million dollar Jackpot, but upon inspection there was nothing inside.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept photocopies of tickets for redemption.
If you intended to mail a winning lottery ticket please check and then re mail your potential winning ticket"
Please play responsibly"

-
-
2 days later.....
-
Florida lottery announces the winner of the $100 million Lotto Jackpot.
The Florida Lottery announces a $100 million dollar jackpot winner in Tallahassee, FL
The winner presented the winning ticket and in an unimaginable coincidence, is an acquaintance of the Lottery Commissioner's son.
The winner has requested privacy, so details about the winner are withheld.

WTF?

what say you?

If you win the big prize the first thing you do is get a lawyer, then you stay in a high end hotel with the ticket until the offices open again. Also, the lawyer can probably get into contact with Lottery officials to verify the ticket on a one on one basis.

Forum List

Back