Florida revokes liquor license of hotel that put on a sexually explicit show with kids present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, let’s focus on equality for all and those ramifications using the broad brush you propose.

The Obergfell ruling on same sex marriage made it clear that “similarly situated” adults must be treated the same.

Using that argument, equal treatment means straight males are “similarly situated” to biological males that identify as women. Correct?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you think government should enforce societal norms?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you think government should enforce societal norms?

You’re deflecting.

If all people that are similarly situated are to be treated the same, as we know from the Supreme Court ruling, then a straight man is similarly situated to a biological male identifying as a female. Correct?

So are they similar or far different?

It’s really not that difficult to answer

And if different, then answer then they must be also different from women. Agreed?

Last edited:
You’re deflecting.
Mkay. What am I deflecting exactly?
If all people that are similarly situated are to be treated the same, as we know from the Supreme Court ruling, then a straight man is similarly situated to a biological male identifying as a female. Correct?
Sure, whatever. I still don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean, or how it applies to the discussion.

Do you think government should be generally empowered to enforce social norms? Or should people be free to pursue and promote their own ideas of what the social norms should be?

Mkay. What am I deflecting exactly?

Sure, whatever. I still don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean, or how it applies to the discussion.

Do you think government should be generally empowered to enforce social norms? Or should people be free to pursue and promote their own ideas of what the social norms should be?

Do I think they should? They absolutely have some roles. Look at equality laws.

Now answer my question which is based on the legal argument of similarly situated adults.

Do I think they should? They absolutely have some roles. Look at equality laws.
Equality laws?
Now answer my question which is based on the legal argument of similarly situated adults.
I answered your question.

Maybe you just weren't following the conversation. Ray claimed that laws like that in the OP were justified because - "We just don't want to be around you weirdos, that's all. You want to dress up like a sissy, do it at home."

I don't think that government is there to protect Ray from being around weirdos and sissies. Do you?

Equality laws?

I answered your question.

Maybe you just weren't following the conversation. Ray claimed that laws like that in the OP were justified because - "We just don't want to be around you weirdos, that's all. You want to dress up like a sissy, do it at home."

I don't think that government is there to protect Ray from being around weirdos and sissies. Do you?

You don’t like what you know the answer is. So I will assist you.

There is no substantial difference between any male and a male that identifies as a female except that one “identifies” differently correct?

And gay rights argued that they had the right to marry, not because they were similar to all traditional couples, but to those couples that could not reproduce.

How then, is a straight man, substantially different than a man that identifies as female. Answer? They are not substantially different.

So if that’s the case, then all men should have equal access to womens sporting events and locker rooms, not just trans. Correct?

So if that’s the case, then all men should have equal access to womens sporting events and locker rooms, not just trans. Correct?
Equal rights is fundamental to a free society. But that requires a clear understanding of rights. None of us has a "right" to access women's sporting events. Nor their locker rooms. Access to those events is up to the owner the facility and/or the people running the events. That's simply not a "rights" issue, equal or otherwise.

Equal rights is fundamental to a free society. But that requires a clear understanding of rights. None of us has a "right" to access women's sporting events. Nor their locker rooms. Access to those events is up to the owner the facility and/or the people running the events. That's simply not a "rights" issue, equal or otherwise.

Oops, equal rights are not something awarded by a venue or events coordinator.

Nice try though.

I don't want to be around fascist Trumpster goons. Can we get law passed keeping them at home as well? If I can rally a majority vote for such a law, would you accept it?

You probably don't get my point. In a diverse society (which we have, like it or not) the ONLY way to get along is mutual tolerance - live and let live. If we start using the government to enforce societal norms, everyone with an agenda fights passionately to control the process. And the winners won't always be on "your side". If we want to preserve a free society, if we want to save the country, we've got to give up on all the social-engineering, culture-war shitbagging and get back to "liberty and justice for all".
Again, dumbass we don't care about cross dressers transgenders or homosexuals. as LONG as they don't involve children or do their sexual acts in our faces.

Again, dumbass we don't care about cross dressers transgenders or homosexuals. as LONG as they don't involve children or do their sexual acts in our faces.
And if I offered up the same excuse for banning Trump bigots from social events? Here: "I don't care what you guys do, but it better not involve children and keep it out of my face." Does that work for you?

And if I offered up the same excuse for banning Trump bigots from social events? I don't care what you guys do, but it better not involve children and keep it out of my face. Does that work for you?
trump events dont involve illegal or immoral acts and are only open to those that chose to go to it. There is no compelling reason to bar children from a political event unless it involves something restricted to adults, there is reason to bar children from some crossdresser events like the one in Florida where they had adult only themed events

trump events dont involve illegal or immoral acts and are only open to those that chose to go to it. There is no compelling reason to bar children from a political event unless it involves something restricted to adults, there is reason to bar children from some crossdresser events like the one in Florida where they had adult only themed events
"It's different when we do it"

This is what's so frustrating about modern Republicans. They've basically decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" when it comes to social engineering. They've given up on personal liberty and limited government and are no all-in on fighting the culture wars via overbearing legislation.

"It's different when we do it"

This is what's so frustrating about modern Republicans. They've basically decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" when it comes to social engineering. They've given up on personal liberty and limited government and are no all-in on fighting the culture wars via overbearing legislation.
from the link provided

Gov. Ron DeSantis' administration is revoking the Hyatt Regency Miami's alcohol license for hosting a "sexually explicit show with children present," according to court documents filed on Tuesday.

On Dec. 27, 2022, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation warned the Hyatt Regency Miami against hosting a sexually explicit show with children present.

According to the department, the venue proceeded with their plans and conducted an investigation which determined that the venue violated Florida statutes.

sexually explicit show dumb ass.

from the link provided

Gov. Ron DeSantis' administration is revoking the Hyatt Regency Miami's alcohol license for hosting a "sexually explicit show with children present," according to court documents filed on Tuesday.

On Dec. 27, 2022, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation warned the Hyatt Regency Miami against hosting a sexually explicit show with children present.

According to the department, the venue proceeded with their plans and conducted an investigation which determined that the venue violated Florida statutes.

sexually explicit show dumb ass.
You're missing the point, or rather steering around it. And I'm growing tired of trying to rub your nose in it. What you all are doing, by trying to fight the culture war with legal mandates, is no different than what the Democrats are doing. You just have a different end goal in mind.

It's fair to say that Democrats started it, depending on how far back in history you want to go. But now Republicans have decided that, rather than fight against the practice of using government for "social-engineering", they'll respond in kind with their own agenda. Which means there's hardly anyone pushing back against overbearing government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back