Florida School Staff Dealing With Illegal Behavior

I'm asking you for some examples. Did George Floyd's punishment fit the crime? What crime was he found guilty of? The actual reason people get outraged is because we have a system in place to administer punishments for crimes. The job of the police is to arrest and detain people accused of crimes, not kill them.

In the George Floyd case both of them were in the wrong. I do believe that drugs had something to do with it, but there was absolutely no reason for the officer to kill him like that and that probably actually was because he was black.

Student behavior is absolutely out of control. I myself have been hit, bitten, scratched, had things thrown at me. I have been pushed into furniture. I couldn't agree more that teachers, already in short supply, are absolutely fleeing the profession for that reason.

But I really don't like this huge police officer standing in a PRISON as a deterrent. Yes, we need clear boundaries and consequences. But not until the kids are 18 or at least in high school. In extreme cases kids might need juvenile hall, but that doesn't even look like this. Geezz

I don't see the problem with calling the police if you were physically assaulted like that if the children were old enough to comprehend that what they were doing was wrong.

We have many discipline issues in my district and it's vastly majority white

I guess it just depends on the area.

So wait. The same collection of people who want cameras on teachers all day long (and their students) because they trust us to little NOW want us to....spank and beat their kids???

Come on

There's a line between corporal punishment and abuse. If one doesn't know the difference then they shouldn't be having or be around children in the first place.

In the George Floyd case both of them were in the wrong. I do believe that drugs had something to do with it, but there was absolutely no reason for the officer to kill him like that and that probably actually was because he was black.

I don't see the problem with calling the police if you were physically assaulted like that if the children were old enough to comprehend that what they were doing was wrong.

I guess it just depends on the area.

There's a line between corporal punishment and abuse. If one doesn't know the difference then they shouldn't be having or be around children in the first place.

I'm not going to judge "appropriate" corporal punishment applied by parents. I don't think non-parents have any business doing it, and it's a mind bend to me that my fellow conservatives, who generally trust teachers/school staff not at all, would want that same school staff to paddle their kids or even other kids.

But these are the inconsistencies and dichotomies we live with all the time. Unfortunately.

I'm not going to judge "appropriate" corporal punishment applied by parents. I don't think non-parents have any business doing it,

I bet all those who are older than me and were around when paddling was still a thing never did the same stupid thing more than once though.

I lived in Titusville for many years. It used to be a great town. Directly across the the river from Cape Canaveral, and the setting for the show I Dream Of Jeanie; it immediately started going to shit at the end of the space shuttle program. So many well paying jobs disappeared virtually overnight. People moved out. Other people moved in. And since then; the usual suspect have turned that town into a fucking shithole.

I bet all those who are older than me and were around when paddling was still a thing never did the same stupid thing more than once though.

In school suspension would have the same effect. You go to school all day in a conference room. Do you work, no contact with your class/classes and friends.

Again.

I'm always astounded that conservatives who generally don't trust teachers at all would allow us to now...paddle kids or whatever.

Is that not a contradiction?

I'm always astounded that conservatives who generally don't trust teachers at all would allow us to now...paddle kids or whatever.

Is that not a contradiction?

No it's not. Teachers aren't the issue and the biggest issue we currently have is kids being taught all of the LGBTQIA wokeism crap. That usually isn't the fault of teachers it's what's on the circulum.

Yeah because White kids are all well behaved angels right?
Not the question. Not the issue. White parents are not training children to be abusive. Nor telling their children they have a right to be abusive. This treatment isn't happening in a vacuum.

Not the question. Not the issue. White parents are not training children to be abusive. Nor telling their children they have a right to be abusive. This treatment isn't happening in a vacuum.
OK so you are privy as to how all Black people raise their children. Got it.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that 80% of the kids engaging in these behaviors come from single mother housholds...

I'll bet dollars to donuts that 80% of the kids engaging in these behaviors come from single mother housholds...
I don't give that too much weight.

A home with 2 shit parents isn't any better than a home with only one shit parent.

Forum List

Back