Florida Stand-Your-Ground Repeal Fails

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
As expected. Florida is one of the last of the Free States and we don't need liberals telling us how to turn our State into a Utopian Paradise like.... Michigan.... :dunno:

Effort To Repeal Stand-Your-Ground Fails In Florida

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FcORvsyzzRY]HB-4003 Eric Friday, FL Carry (11-7-13) - YouTube[/ame]

Testimony, like the above from Eric Friday, of Florida Carry, stopped it cold.

Via Legal Insurrection:

Last evening the Florida House conducted a public hearing, judiciary committee debate, and committee vote on HB-4003, which would have done away with Florida’s Stand-Your-Ground law by repealing Florida statute 776.013. Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.

The outcome was that HB-4003 was soundly defeated in committee, thereby ending the effort to repeal Stand-Your-Ground in this year’s legislative session.

776.013 is a multi-part statute that contains not only the primary “Stand-Your-Ground” statute, but also presumptions of reasonable belief of fear of imminent death or grave bodily harm. Thus, if successful, HB-4003 would not only have repealed “Stand-Your-Ground” but also have made it more difficult for law-abiding armed citizens to defend themselves in home invasion, carjacking, and kidnapping scenarios.

HB-4003 was proposed by Rep. Williams, who is not a member of the judiciary committee and therefore not entitled himself to vote on the proposed bill in this setting.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Good, screw the Liberals (on this issue anyway). The good people of this country deserve the right to defend themselves against attackers (like Trayvon Martin) and anyone who tries to take our guns away can kiss my Glock!!!!

Via Legal Insurrection:

Thanks for referencing my work Edgetho, it's always appreciated.

FYI, I've been informed by the Admins that I broke a forum rule by using a variation of my web site name as my name here at the forum. My bad.

In any case, it's necessary to close down this impermissibly named account and set one up under a name acceptable to the forum. I'll probably just use my real name, but I just wanted to give folks a heads up on the change.

--Andrew, [MENTION=45956]LawSelfDefense[/MENTION]

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
As expected. Florida is one of the last of the Free States and we don't need liberals telling us how to turn our State into a Utopian Paradise like.... Michigan.... :dunno:

You might want to Google "stand your ground" and "Michigan" and see what comes up. Just sayin' :lol:

There's no reason what so ever that the victim should have to be punished. Stand your ground is a good law.

;)

There's no reason what so ever that the victim should have to be punished. Stand your ground is a good law.

;)

Uh-huh...sure it is. And look who is the next reckless, stupid, irresponsible gun owner to hide behind it:

Florida man pleads not guilty in slaying of teen in loud music dispute

Florida man pleads not guilty in slaying of teen in loud music dispute - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A Florida man charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a teenager amid an argument over loud music at a gas station pleaded not guilty Monday.

Michael Dunn, 45, entered his plea during a hearing Monday morning at the Duval County, Florida, jail.

Dunn told investigators he fired at a car in which Jordan Davis, 17, and three of his friends were sitting because he felt threatened by them. No guns were found inside the teens' car, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.

I wouldn't live down in that redneck cesspool of a state again if you paid me.

Oh, a postscript: The bullets fired, I think about 8 of them, entered the vehicle through the doors. Those kids hadn't even started to get out of their damn car.

Last edited:

;)

Uh-huh...sure it is. And look who is the next reckless, stupid, irresponsible gun owner to hide behind it:

Florida man pleads not guilty in slaying of teen in loud music dispute - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A Florida man charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a teenager amid an argument over loud music at a gas station pleaded not guilty Monday.

Michael Dunn, 45, entered his plea during a hearing Monday morning at the Duval County, Florida, jail.

Dunn told investigators he fired at a car in which Jordan Davis, 17, and three of his friends were sitting because he felt threatened by them. No guns were found inside the teens' car, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.

Oh, a postscript: The bullets fired, I think about 8 of them, entered the vehicle through the doors. Those kids hadn't even started to get out of their damn car.

Sorry, that case has nothing to do with "stand your ground" That man will be found guilty.

;)

Sorry, that case has nothing to do with "stand your ground" That man will be found guilty.

LOL! Thanks for proving once again that most people are too fucking lazy to look something up:

Is Stand Your Ground to blame for another teen's death?

""....Dunn claimed self-defense under Florida's Stand Your Ground law. Police say the teens were unarmed.""""

Is Stand Your Ground to blame for another teen's death? - CBS News

(CNN) -- A Florida man charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a teenager amid an argument over loud music at a gas statihttp://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/06/27/no-benghazi-stand-down-order-was-given-another/194644on pleaded not guilty Monday.

LOL! Thanks for proving once again that most people are too fucking lazy to look something up:

""....Dunn claimed self-defense under Florida's Stand Your Ground law. Police say the teens were unarmed.""""

I know well enough about the case to know ... without your friend Google ... that he can use that defense, but that does not mean that the judge has ruled it that way.

You don't have to be innocent to plead "not guilty" the jury will decide. :thup:

Last edited:

I know well enough about the case to know ... without your friend Google ... that he can use that defence, but that does not mean that the judge has ruled that way.

You don't have to be innocent to plead "not guilty" the jury will decide. :thup:

Is there an emoticon for babbling?

Hey, you can at least still edit your post about how this isn't a SYG case. Quick, I won't tell anybody.

I know well enough about the case to know ... without your friend Google ... that he can use that defence, but that does not mean that the judge has ruled that way.

Is there an emoticon for babbling?

Hey, you can at least still edit your post about how this isn't a SYG case. Quick, I won't tell anybody.

No need to edit anything - that would be intellectual dishonesty, would it not?

It has not been ruled SYG - that is only what the A-hole is trying to convince the judge of. It has to be ruled on first in order to make that distinction.

You understand that, of course?

;)

It's not the presence of defensive firearms, but the absence that increases death tolls.

Martin got what was coming to him

-Geaux

If they weren't doing anything violent = no reason to shoot them.

Just blasting your music is no fucking reason to kill someone....Now if they were slamming the guys head against the ground that would be self defense.

obama-lectern-seal-630-gettycopy.jpg

If they weren't doing anything violent = no reason to shoot them.

Just blasting your music is no fucking reason to kill someone....Now if they were slamming the guys head against the ground that would be self defense.

Matthew, this is not really a case of SYG.

Some guy shooting up a car full of un-armed kids is not going to fly, no matter what the shooter is claiming.

Effort To Repeal Stand-Your-Ground Fails In Florida

HB-4003 Eric Friday, FL Carry (11-7-13) - YouTube

Via Legal Insurrection:

Last evening the Florida House conducted a public hearing, judiciary committee debate, and committee vote on HB-4003, which would have done away with Florida’s Stand-Your-Ground law by repealing Florida statute 776.013. Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.

The outcome was that HB-4003 was soundly defeated in committee, thereby ending the effort to repeal Stand-Your-Ground in this year’s legislative session.

776.013 is a multi-part statute that contains not only the primary “Stand-Your-Ground” statute, but also presumptions of reasonable belief of fear of imminent death or grave bodily harm. Thus, if successful, HB-4003 would not only have repealed “Stand-Your-Ground” but also have made it more difficult for law-abiding armed citizens to defend themselves in home invasion, carjacking, and kidnapping scenarios.

HB-4003 was proposed by Rep. Williams, who is not a member of the judiciary committee and therefore not entitled himself to vote on the proposed bill in this setting.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back