🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Floyd Mayweather is not undefeated

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
I get pissed off everytime the media touts Mayweather's unbeaten record. I haven't forgotten this fight [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJv2q_5vmQI]Floyd Mayweather vs. Jose Luis Castillo 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Mayweather got the decision, but everyone other than the judges who watched that fight thought Castillo won.

They had a rematch a few months later. I scored it an inconclusive draw, but again Mayweather was given the decision.

Mayweather is a coward he won't fight pacman.

I don't know why Mayweather wouldn't fight Manny, but you can't call someone whoever had the courage to step into the ring a coward.

I do not like Mayweather. He's a wife-beating SOB.

But he is not a coward.

Nobody cares about boxing anyway. MMA has taken over because running away and jabbing from a distance doesn't work. You have to fight.

Once you're down and getting pummeled the fight is over. They don't give standing 8 counts far as I know.

Nobody cares about boxing anyway. MMA has taken over because running away and jabbing from a distance doesn't work. You have to fight.

Once you're down and getting pummeled the fight is over. They don't give standing 8 counts far as I know.

A lot of money was made in boxing last weekend.

The quality of MMA fighters is very poor compared to championship level boxing.

I'm a 51 year old Jack LaLanne type. I could beat lots of those MMA guys. They have godawful balance.

I'm a 51 year old Jack LaLanne type. I could beat lots of those MMA guys. They have godawful balance.

Then why do Pro Boxers do so poorly in MMA?

In the Gracie days, boxers from all over would fight, and lose, in UFC bouts.

I wanted Canelo to win too. He didn't, however.

My step father seems to think that Canelo threw the fight given his performance against Mayweather compared to previous fights. I don't know about all that... but I was hoping Mayweather would get knocked the fuck out...

justin bieber and lil wayne? dude. That alone deserves a KO.

I'm referring to skill level.

Championship level boxers are much more skilled at what they do, than MMA fighters.

Most MMA fighters use a combination of boxing and wrestling. They do use boxing.

Of course, all else being equal, wrestling usually beats boxing, unless a boxer has 1 punch knockout power.

I wanted Canelo to win too. He didn't, however.

My step father seems to think that Canelo threw the fight given his performance against Mayweather compared to previous fights. I don't know about all that... but I was hoping Mayweather would get knocked the fuck out...

justin bieber and lil wayne? dude. That alone deserves a KO.

Someone needs to beat Mayweather's smug ass !!! :lol:

I get pissed off everytime the media touts Mayweather's unbeaten record. I haven't forgotten this fight Floyd Mayweather vs. Jose Luis Castillo 1 - YouTube

Mayweather got the decision, but everyone other than the judges who watched that fight thought Castillo won.

They had a rematch a few months later. I scored it an inconclusive draw, but again Mayweather was given the decision.

So Mayweather won both fights. Thanks for that useful 'correction.' :rolleyes:

I found that it's not true that boxers do poorly in MMA fights.

48 year old Ray Mercer knocked out a UFC champ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Zuotl9h-A]Bragging Rights Boxer Ray Mercer Knocks Out UFC Champion Tim Sylvia With A 2 Piece In The First Rou - YouTube[/ame]

KJ Noons also knocked out another UFC champ.

And these were not even top level boxers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a different sport, genius. Is the "quality" of MLB players "very poor" compared to NBA players?

Just pay attention to their balance. It is very poor.

You don't understand what you're looking at.

MMA fighters are big fish in small ponds. There are a lot more boxers than MMA fighters. Therefore, to become a boxing champ it requires more athleticism and skill.

You are right. I wouldn't say that major league baseball players are more skilled at what they do than NBA players, but I would say they are more skilled at what they do than U.S. rugby players, simply because there are way more participants.

Get it?

Just pay attention to their balance. It is very poor.

You don't understand what you're looking at.

MMA fighters are big fish in small ponds. There are a lot more boxers than MMA fighters. Therefore, to become a boxing champ it requires more athleticism and skill.

You are right. I wouldn't say that major league baseball players are more skilled at what they do than NBA players, but I would say they are more skilled at what they do than U.S. rugby players, simply because there are way more participants.

Get it?

What I "get" is that you are trying to insist upon comparing apples and oranges for some reason. The claim that you think you "could beat a lot of those MMA guys" is beyond laughable.

Forum List

Back