Fml

They put me on trimethoprim and sulfonamide, as expected.

Told me to go to the ER if it doesn't improve in one day. It's a short walk!

---

Nice thing about MRSA is that it, unlike cancer, kills you fast. Either you're dead, or you fight it off and move on. Batta-bing, batta-bang!

Two months working the hospital laboratory, and I've contracted MRSA.

FML.

I got MRSA working in health care. You now have to watch herself, especially when run from another illness or when stressed. And lucky for me I am allergic to vacomyacin (not sure how to spell). The one drug that works the best on it. Luckily when I got it again a few months ago, it wasn't as bad, I caught it early because I knew what to look for.
The first time I got it, I ended up going to the hospital four times, and having to stay one night when it was at it's worse. My whole thigh at one point was red, and the whole inner part of my thigh was hard with infection. They had to put a wic in it, when it started to drain. That part was the worst, the wic fell out one day, and I had to put in myself. My mom had been doing it, but I was alone when it happened. I could see what seemed like two inches into my leg and the infection.
Worst part about it all, it was on the inner thigh, so I had to walk like I crapped my pants. :lol:

Two months working the hospital laboratory, and I've contracted MRSA.

FML.

What are your symptoms?
A growing, pus-filled boil which is surrounded by several inches of swollen skin, all of which is both painful and itchy.

I work with nosocomial-infection specimens all day, so it's not surprising. Just sucks.

You probably already know, but after this you should never pop zit or in grown hair with your fingers.

I always sterilize myself before attempting such endeavors...

...for some reason, I have a small fascination with minor self-surgery.

I got MRSA working in health care. You now have to watch herself, especially when run from another illness or when stressed. And lucky for me I am allergic to vacomyacin (not sure how to spell). The one drug that works the best on it.
That's damned unlucky! Although vancomycin-resistant MRSA is starting to spread...

Luckily when I got it again a few months ago, it wasn't as bad, I caught it early because I knew what to look for.
The first time I got it, I ended up going to the hospital four times, and having to stay one night when it was at it's worse. My whole thigh at one point was red, and the whole inner part of my thigh was hard with infection. They had to put a wic in it, when it started to drain. That part was the worst, the wic fell out one day, and I had to put in myself. My mom had been doing it, but I was alone when it happened. I could see what seemed like two inches into my leg and the infection. Worst part about it all, it was on the inner thigh, so I had to walk like I crapped my pants. :lol:
Damn. So far, I've been lucky...my first infection resolved with antibiotics, and the doctor was damned amazed that it didn't develop into septicemia.

This time, I knew what to look for, and so went in right away. Hopefully that will spare me some hospital visits. I can't afford, both monetarily and time-wise, to be an inpatient.

P.S. I'm in a "damn" mood, huh?

Last edited:
I got MRSA working in health care. You now have to watch herself, especially when run from another illness or when stressed. And lucky for me I am allergic to vacomyacin (not sure how to spell). The one drug that works the best on it.
That's damned unlucky! Although vancomycin-resistant MRSA is starting to spread...

Luckily when I got it again a few months ago, it wasn't as bad, I caught it early because I knew what to look for.
The first time I got it, I ended up going to the hospital four times, and having to stay one night when it was at it's worse. My whole thigh at one point was red, and the whole inner part of my thigh was hard with infection. They had to put a wic in it, when it started to drain. That part was the worst, the wic fell out one day, and I had to put in myself. My mom had been doing it, but I was alone when it happened. I could see what seemed like two inches into my leg and the infection. Worst part about it all, it was on the inner thigh, so I had to walk like I crapped my pants. :lol:
Damn. So far, I've been lucky...my first infection resolved with antibiotics, and the doctor was damned amazed that it didn't develop into septicemia.

This time, I knew what to look for, and so went in right away. Hopefully that will spare me some hospital visits. I can't afford, both monetarily and time-wise, to be an inpatient.

P.S. I'm in a "damn" mood, huh?

I missed two and half weeks of work. I had been in a car accident, so I was already out of work when I got it. Then I found out I was pregnant a week after getting it, so I had to go off the Septra they put me on after it started to clear up. I am damn lucky I got pregnant though. I didn't have health insurance at the time, and my bill was something like 5,000 dollars. When I got pregnant I was able to go state medical, and the cover the month you would have gotten pregnant. Plus catholic charities covered part of it before I found out I was pregnant.

You could feel the side of the infection on my leg it was that hard.

I always sterilize myself before attempting such endeavors...

...for some reason, I have a small fascination with minor self-surgery.

I usually have no problem with seeing such things, but when I could see the inside of my leg, well that was too much.

Forum List

Back