The First Affirmative Action Policy

The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of this land. Included in the constitution is the three-fifths compromise. The Three-Fifths Compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the United States Constitution. It says: “Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three-fifths of all other Persons.”

This is the first Affirmative Action policy in America.

Why do you keep posting the same lies? I've debunked your slanted posts on the subject at least a dozen times. The Three Fifths Compromise had NOTHING to do with affirmative action. It was all about political power for the slave states. The slave states wanted ALL of their human property that had no rights counted in the census so they would have more legislative seats and more votes in the Electoral College. The free states didn't want slaves counted at all since they were considered property by their owners in the South with no rights. The South won and cemented their control of the nation for nearly eighty years until immigration overturned the advantage the number of slaves gave them.

Why do you keep posting the same lies? I've debunked your slanted posts on the subject at least a dozen times. The Three Fifths Compromise had NOTHING to do with affirmative action. It was all about political power for the slave states. The slave states wanted ALL of their human property that had no rights counted in the census so they would have more legislative seats and more votes in the Electoral College. The free states didn't want slaves counted at all since they were considered property by their owners in the South with no rights. The South won and cemented their control of the nation for nearly eighty years until immigration overturned the advantage the number of slaves gave them.
In other words the more slaves you had the more votes you got?

In other words the more slaves you had the more votes you got?
No, the more seats in the House of Representatives and Electors in the Electoral College. The slave states didn't allow their property to vote just like the free states didn't allow non-citizen immigrants to vote.

No, the more seats in the House of Representatives and Electors in the Electoral College. The slave states didn't allow their property to vote just like the free states didn't allow non-citizen immigrants to vote.
I know they didn't let them vote. I thought if they counted them as 1/3 a human and you as a white slave owner had 3 slaves, then you got 2 votes.

I get it now. They wanted the bodies to give them more electoral votes even though only maybe 40,000 white men were voting.

Similar today some Republicans think only people who own property should vote or run for politics. But then who represents the people who are renting?

The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of this land. Included in the constitution is the three-fifths compromise. The Three-Fifths Compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the United States Constitution. It says: “Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three-fifths of all other Persons.”

This is the first Affirmative Action policy in America.

You’re proof schools don’t teach anything important.

I know they didn't let them vote. I thought if they counted them as 1/3 a human and you as a white slave owner had 3 slaves, then you got 2 votes.

I get it now. They wanted the bodies to give them more electoral votes even though only maybe 40,000 white men were voting.

Similar today some Republicans think only people who own property should vote or run for politics. But then who represents the people who are renting?
No it’s exactly like democrats flooding blue states with illegal aliens. They can’t legally vote, but they count towards representation in the House and Electoral College giving them more political power.

In 1787 only property owners could vote.

He majored in sociology. (‘ Nuff said.) Plus, odds are two out of three that he benefitted from AA.
And you apparently never went to college because sociology is the scientific and systematic study of human society that focuses on society, human social behavior, patterns of social relationships, social interaction, and aspects of culture associated with everyday life. These are pretty good things to know.

You benefitted from AA too. Funny how some whites cannot see truth.

The op makes no sense

“The three-fifths compromise is part of the Constitution which appeased the Southern states by allowing a slave’s vote to only count as 3/5 of a vote”

Huh?

Slaves couldnt vote at all
/—-/ It meant in the census, slaves counted as 3/4 of a person when determining the number of congressmen from that state.

/—-/ It meant in the census, slaves counted as 3/4 of a person when determining the number of congressmen from that state.
It meant that a whole human being counted for 3/5ths of a person.

And you apparently never went to college because sociology is the scientific and systematic study of human society that focuses on society, human social behavior, patterns of social relationships, social interaction, and aspects of culture associated with everyday life. These are pretty good things to know.

You benefitted from AA too. Funny how some whites cannot see truth.
Sociology is the easiest major outside of physical education.

Sociology is the easiest major outside of physical education.
Also, he’s old….and that was the major they had then. I’m sure if he were younger, he would have majored in Black Studies - another useless major whose graduates are qualified for work at Starbucks.

Yup. If you look at the average IQs of various majors, sociology and elementary Ed are at the bottom.

Since IQ tests are proven to be inaccurate measures of intelligence, only idiots keep talking about them as if they mean something.

Also, he’s old….and that was the major they had then. I’m sure if he were younger, he would have majored in Black Studies - another useless major whose graduates are qualified for work at Starbucks.
Funny how an old battleaxe tries calling someone younger than her old.

They had black studies in 1980. I'm black, I didn't need to study blacks. Again your stupid ass doesn't see how sociology is a science that is very important to know. So you apparently didn't go to college. Furthermore you don't know shit about public policy because you don't know what groups were considred protected relative to AA. Because if you did know, you would understand that women were one of them. So were Asians, Pacific Islanders, Native Americans Hispanics handicaps, and veterans.Furthermore your ass said you worked in admissions but you didn't know what admissuins offices use to determibe admissions.

You lie about your credentials and you run your racist mouth about blacks. That's all you do. You're a know nothing posting racism in a forum with other racists cosigning your ignorance.

Funny how you say what you do about spicology when I could use sociology to work in almost any job there is. Understanding human group behavior is a great management skill.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back