What does a winning authoritarian election result do to the continuation of just and equal self rule under our Constitution?

Okay, good. btw, I am a black Republican and also proud about it.
Do you know what Trump meant on January 6, 2021 when he said if Mike Pence does the right thing during accounting of the votes in the joint session of Congress that he was going to win the 2020 election and make you a black Republican happy.

How was Trump going to magically legally and constitutionally “win“ on January 6, 2029 14 days before the newly elected president was supposed to be sworn in? How?

Okay, good. btw, I am a black Republican and also proud about it.
I was in high school in April 1968 when Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. Half of my friends in high school were black in a town where about a third of the population was black in my small town of 30.000. My town had three other auto plants and a foundry much other manufacturing and the jobs were good. My dad was a UAW, but he was an alcoholic and a racist, but he was what they called a functioning alcoholic because he was also a workaholic, and I swear the man never slept.

One of my best friends at the time was a white guy who had a passion for Motorcycles, British Motorcycles, but we were also strongly opposed to the war in Vietnam, and we spent time at the library studying up on the war, Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King commitment to peaceful protest and the relation ship of Christianity to it all.

So when the community organized a memorial service for MLK, my friend and I did not hesitate to go. It was in an auditorium so I don’t know what the capacity was but it seem like a few thousand. I was shocked, but not surprised. I guess to see that my friend and I were the only two white human beings locked with handover hand, swaying and chanting we shall overcome..

That was an experience I shall never forget it’s rare to find that much love in a room of grieving people.

It would be a while before I could vote, but I was old enough to be sent to fight the war in Vietnam for what I began to wonder.

I marched in protest against the war and stood politically for civil rights and women’s rights at its peak between 1968 and 1972.

I was not a radical because I’d become a father, and that became my priority in life

One thing has never changed. Is that during that period. I saw the Democratic Party as being the only party that stood for a pluralistic multicultural society in the way that are founding fathers intended it to be. They set it up so that it could make progress in that moral direction.

So I am old enough to understand that even though George Wallace started out as a Democrat, the Democrats rejected him, and he had to run as an independent, and after he was shot, the Republican Party took over his base of white Christian support in the old confederate south.

1723305983096.png

Because of my experience between 1963 and 1972 I could never vote for a Republican for anything even dog catcher if he was my best friend running for it. I just in good conscience could never pull that lever.

And in my opinion under Donald Trump, the Republican is even worse than it was in 1972.

When I cast my vote for KAMALA/WALZ/BIDEN I do so with vigor enthusiasm and joy because I know they are on their way to a win.

Let’s just hope Don Trump and you get the message that the Republican party doesn’t try the shit they tried before when Trump lost on November 3, 2020.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back