Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

The problem with that is that it would also apply to the 2nd Amendment as well. In other words, the 2nd Amendment was originally written to prevent the federal government from infringing on the right to bear arms. Incorporation restricts the states from doing so. So double edged sword so to speak.

Totally agreed.

And I've often pointed this out to my left-wing associates.

At the same time, 44 states have language akin to the 2nd in their state constitutions. Which only further reinforces the idea that the Constitution was for the federal government only.

So, in theory, states could have gun restrictions, but not many.

Perfectly?

I sense a touch of pride in you too.
Yes, existing perfectly. Which does not mean doing perfect things. Many a saint have contemplated this.

Yes, we all have pride. Some more than others.

Last edited:
Not according to SCOTUS per the misguided principle of incorporation.
Yes, I thought I said I agreed with that.

I pointed out to some of left wing friends that if they every dropped selective incorporation, then they could possibly get gun control passed at the state level. Understanding that many states (44 is what I remember) have similar language in their state constitutions.

I pointed out to some of left wing friends that if they every dropped selective incorporation, then they could possibly get gun control passed at the state level. Understanding that many states (44 is what I remember) have similar language in their state constitutions.
My bad.

you really haven't the faintest idea, national gun control - is not their removal ...

american firearm - leaver or bolt action only, six round capacity non detachable magazine.

you really haven't the faintest idea, national gun control - is not their removal ...

american firearm - leaver or bolt action only, six round capacity non detachable magazine.

You might want to catch up on the conversation before you dive in and make a fool of yourself.....again.

I never knew either man so I don't know if that ever happened. Mohammed claimed to have seen God/Allah but it is difficult to believe the Qu'ran has anything at all in common with the God revealed in the Biblical scriptures and known to billions of Christians. Joseph Smith claimed to have seen God as a youth, and to have received the golden plates, basis for the Book of Mormon, from the Angel Moroni. The plates were returned to Moroni after Smith translated them. I don't see much of the God of the Bible in the Book of Mormon either.

It is not given to me to judge the faith of anyone but only their actions. Islam has contributed quite a bit to the world, especially long ago, but its extremists are not only not Christian but are clear in their intent to stamp out JudeoChristianity entirely. That cannot come from the God of the Bible. The Church of Latter Day Saints has also been beneficial to many of its people, but also has its dark side that merits caution.

Muhammad never claimed to have seen God. His vision was of Gabriel.

Forum List

Back