Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

Such as?

But are you really arguing diversity of thought is a good reason not to believe something?
I gave you an excellent example but look at the diversity of early Christianity. It would take a full page just to list the various churches we now consider heretical. Would one man give rise to so many different theologies?

I gave you an excellent example but look at the diversity of early Christianity. It would take a full page just to list the various churches we now consider heretical. Would one man give rise to so many different theologies?
Just give me one example for starters. Because I think that's probably even a dumber argument than massive conspiracy.

I've been filled with the Holy Spirit and asked for God to remove it because I could not bear it. God was giving me my comeuppance. He has a very wicked sense of humor.

So I am telling you now, unless you soften your hard heart, you won't be able to tolerate his love when the time comes.
I appreciate your concern but it is my reason you'll have to change, my heart is fine and, if there is a God, I'm not afraid of his judgement. I follow most of the commandments and, if he wants me to believe in him or worship him, he'll have to tell me that himself.

I appreciate your concern but it is my reason you'll have to change, my heart is fine and, if there is a God, I'm not afraid of his judgement. I follow most of the commandments and, if he wants me to believe in him or worship him, he'll have to tell me that himself.
It's not his judgment you have to be afraid of, it's yours.

And you haven't a clue what worship is in actuality.

There is nothing in the First Amendment that would prevent the State of Utah, for example, from passing a law or a Constitutional declaration that Utah shall, to the extent consistent with other laws, be governed according to the moral principles of the Church of JC of Latter Day Saints.

In fact, many states had state sponsored religions that recieved money from the states after the Constitution was ratified.

NOBODY ever challenged any of them.

The people of the states wisely wrote them out of their constitutions but the last one didn't stop until the mid 1830's.

This supports the point you are making.

In fact, many states had state sponsored religions that recieved money from the states after the Constitution was ratified.

NOBODY ever challenged any of them.

The people of the states wisely wrote them out of their constitutions but the last one didn't stop until the mid 1830's.

This supports the point you are making.
Not exactly. The first part is correct but SCOTUS has misapplied the 14th amendment to the bill of rights and now binds the states to the restrictions that were originally applied only to the federal government.

The 14th Amendment's due process clause, which states that no state can deprive a person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, has been interpreted by the Supreme Court to include the liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment. This doctrine, called incorporation, makes states subject to the First Amendment, including its Establishment Clause, which prohibits the government from establishing or sponsoring religion. The Supreme Court explicitly applied the Establishment Clause to the states in the 1947 case Everson v. Board of Education.

Like I said, I'm not afraid of being judged.

That I believe but I'm not convinced you do either.
My worship is subliminal. You'd never be able to tell I was doing it. It's how to exist perfectly.

As for your judgement, you will be stripped of your pride and you will judge yourself. You may believe it will be easy but it's not.

Not exactly. The first part is correct but SCOTUS has misapplied the 14th amendment to the bill of rights and now binds the states to the restrictions that were originally applied only to the federal government.

The 14th Amendment's due process clause, which states that no state can deprive a person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, has been interpreted by the Supreme Court to include the liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment. This doctrine, called incorporation, makes states subject to the First Amendment, including its Establishment Clause, which prohibits the government from establishing or sponsoring religion. The Supreme Court explicitly applied the Establishment Clause to the states in the 1947 case Everson v. Board of Education.

Totally agreed.

The process/doctrine is call "Selective Incorporation".

It fell out of the communists blacks robes from the FDR court.

We need to challenge that with THIS court and see if we can't get away from freedom of religion = freedom from religion.

That is not what that means.

Totally agreed.

The process/doctrine is call "Selective Incorporation".

It fell out of the communists blacks robes from the FDR court.

We need to challenge that with THIS court and see if we can't get away from freedom of religion = freedom from religion.

That is not what that means.
The problem with that is that it would also apply to the 2nd Amendment as well. In other words, the 2nd Amendment was originally written to prevent the federal government from infringing on the right to bear arms. Incorporation restricts the states from doing so. So double edged sword so to speak.

So the 24,000 written manuscripts are an epic conspiracy theory?

no original of the claimed manuscripts exist ... nor any documents used to write the 4th century christian bible as there was not an archive preserved to verify the source for anything included to write their bible.

written in the 4th century during a 100 year time frame is the conspiracy in of itself for any authenticity reflecting the true 1st century events, the refutation of judaism those in the 1st century gave their lives for that is sorely misrepresented in their final version.

no original of the claimed manuscripts exist ... nor any documents used to write the 4th century christian bible as there was not an archive preserved to verify the source for anything included to write their bible.

written in the 4th century during a 100 year time frame is the conspiracy in of itself for any authenticity reflecting the true 1st century events, the refutation of judaism those in the 1st century gave their lives for that is sorely misrepresented in their final version.
Says who? Your satanic cult?

Forum List

Back