Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

I don't think my not believing in God or Jesus means I can't lead a moral life. I don't commit murder, I don't need God to tell me that would be wrong.
It's not about living a "moral" life because a moral life is the baseline for everyone--it's the average. Jesus teachings takes us beyond a that ho-hum moral life that most go along with into something greater. Now, if a moral life is all someone wants, that's fine, just as that passing 'C' grade in school is fine. Go with it. But to wave aside something greater than just moral living based on no physical proof of miracles is not good reasoning. Let's go back to the C-student reasoning: It's not worth the extra effort to earn an A or even a B. That is sound reasoning. So simply say, "It is not worth the extra effort it takes to live something greater than a simple moral life."

that is the right to bare arms for citizenry, not for fanatic reactionaries and religious zealots ...

try to catch up, whether for sport or self defense the american firearm is a mainstay of american society.
And yet every conversation starts with restricting the rights and f everyone.

It's not about living a "moral" life because a moral life is the baseline for everyone--it's the average. Jesus teachings takes us beyond a that ho-hum moral life that most go along with into something greater. Now, if a moral life is all someone wants, that's fine, just as that passing 'C' grade in school is fine. Go with it. But to wave aside something greater than just moral living based on no physical proof of miracles is not good reasoning. Let's go back to the C-student reasoning: It's not worth the extra effort to earn an A or even a B. That is sound reasoning. So simply say, "It is not worth the extra effort it takes to live something greater than a simple moral life."
If you believe you live "something greater than a simple moral life", you are welcome to that belief. It is not a belief I share or envy.

If you believe you live "something greater than a simple moral life", you are welcome to that belief. It is not a belief I share or envy.
Exactly. Just as those who note a C passes the class as well as an A or B, are not likely to envy those who go above and beyond and pass with a B or an A. After all, passing is passing. It's a matter of whether the best version of oneself matters, or whether the average version is good enough. Depends on each individual and it is an individual choice.

Exactly. Just as those who note a C passes the class as well as an A or B, are not likely to envy those who go above and beyond and pass with a B or an A. After all, passing is passing. It's a matter of whether the best version of oneself matters, or whether the average version is good enough. Depends on each individual and it is an individual choice.
If you're going to be that condescending let me say I don't envy alcoholics or heroin addicts either and for similar reasons.

If you're going to be that condescending let me say I don't envy alcoholics or heroin addicts either and for similar reasons.
The Catholic church is struggling to achieve a passing grade. To maintain a 'C', it's needed to reinterpret the meaning of the bibles.

For proof we have many on this board that refuse the latest or later interpretations.

Those are the Christians that Meri and Ding condemn for striving for an 'A' on their faithfully believing! And now M and D resent needing to be backsliders, in order to come off as sounding sane!

Forum List

Back