🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food Prices

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Would someone explain to me, why when our gas has gone way down are food prices still rising?
And to boot, when the gas kept going up, food prices climbed, b/c of gas prices, but now gas prices are low, but they don't lower prices, why?
Can anyone answer this question for me?
Beef prices are up over 30% year over year, for example.

Time for people to plant their own vegetable gardens or get together to have a community garden, have chickens in the backyard for eggs and to eat less meat protein. Plant some fruit trees too)))

My only theory on that is Ethanol drawing away from the corn supply, raising the cost of feed.
Remember no one has slowed production. That's why gas prices have dropped but we're still burning through corn at the same rate

Would someone explain to me, why when our gas has gone way down are food prices still rising?
And to boot, when the gas kept going up, food prices climbed, b/c of gas prices, but now gas prices are low, but they don't lower prices, why?

Time for people to plant their own vegetable gardens or get together to have a community garden, have chickens in the backyard for eggs and to eat less meat protein. Plant some fruit trees too)))

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm thinking the people that make money off food just want to keep cashing in.

My opinion. Remember back to the 70s, if you can't you'll have to trust me, and the trucker strike when fuel prices skyrocketed? The truckers shut down the US for a short while. So I recently asked another driver why with the skyrocketing price did the truckers protest like they did. Obviously I asked this before the drop in fuel prices. Well it turns out it no longer mattered to the truckers the get their rate adjusted for fuel prices. So I am wondering if that rate ever goes down, only up? If so then the prices will never drop because of transportation.

Now i would think we should see some adjustment in home fuel prices. Or in products made of plastic.

The cost of beef has more to do with supply then fuel prices. Wasn't part of the supply problem blamed on weather?

U.S. ground-beef prices are up 76 percent since 2009 to the highest on record, after a seven-year decline in the herd left the fewest cattle in at least six decades, government data show.

Beef prices hit U.S. record and are still rising Business

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm thinking the people that make money off food just want to keep cashing in.

Time for Capitalism to solve this problem. Be inventive and design a solution.

$2 lap dances between the hours of 4 and 6?

Plenty of reasons for this. There's always a lag after expenses go down. Food prices will start going down if expenses and demand go down. And if we can keep politicians from adding more taxes to gasoline we should see a drop, but not a great drop by Summer. Don't hold your breath.

Until someone raises a huge stink over the prices, they'll keep going up. If you know someone in the media, get them involved.

$2 lap dances between the hours of 4 and 6?

GRAVITY!!!!-----pay attention to "freewill" ----and stop imagining chicks bouncing on your uhm.....balls? Were I queen I would work on increased and INEXPENSIVE food
production. I don't know how large families can function
now. Not all people have land upon which to plant fruit trees--------a flower pot of basil on the window sill will not
do it. Chickens in the backyard. I know of a few cases---
more expensive for them to get an egg than buying ----even at $1.75 per dozen (EEEEEEK!!!!)

There will always be a lag. The price you pay now reflects circumstances from the period of production. Food you eat now was in the processing stage when fuel prices were still high. More likely there will be a stagnation in food prices while lower energy costs leave more money for purchasing food and other consumer goods. That extra cash offsets any non-drop in prices of other goods. Increased demand should follow and that will result in increased competition which will drop prices.

Forum List

Back