Football should be banished

We do play lacrosse in America, it is gaining popularity in high schools, colleges, rec and travel leagues. It is another game for the "not faint at heart" persons.

Lacrosse is not some injuries free sport, play indoors with boards you will get a rush, that ball stings also.

and replaced with Soccer....due to all the injuries.

Soccer is a game of skill wheras football is largely dependent on size and muscle mass.

Soccer woujld be much more affordable for schools;...does not require expensive equipment.

We should get in step with the rest of the world whose football is soccer and eliminate all those life changing injuries sustained on Friday nights across this nation whilst high schoolars attempt to be Friday night heroes.

Fuk dat. The only problems with football is 2-fold:
  1. The players are getting hurt because they've been made candyasses. Used to be you never shied away from a hit, and you played hard, clobbered people. Now they run around wearing pink quirting milk for breast awareness month and getting 15 yard penalties for being happy they scored a point. Put the "man" back in football.
  2. Out of control rules and penalties. A full third of all the rules and penalties have to go. Let the guys play. While at it, end slo-mo. Things happen in real time; if you need to review a play, it should be seen in real time as it happened as well. Enough of thids frame by frame bullshit.

they need their helmets and pads taken away,,,

I don't know about taken away, but it is notable that the more they improve protection the more injuries go up. A curious coincidence as the auto industry has found that as they improve car protection, air bags, crumple zones, early warning detectors, etc., people feel safer so drive more dangerously and have more accidents.

I was once with a fellow backing out of a parking space using his rear camera on his dash display and almost got the back of his car taken off by a passing motorist. Had he just turned around and used his head to look out the windows, he would have seen him.

We do play lacrosse in America, it is gaining popularity in high schools, colleges, rec and travel leagues. It is another game for the "not faint at heart" persons.

Lacrosse is not some injuries free sport, play indoors with boards you will get a rush, that ball stings also.

Progressive Hunter(whatever that means) chastised me to stay on topic, after I mentioned Lacrosse.

Soccer is a game of skill wheras football is largely dependent on size and muscle mass.

Soccer woujld be much more affordable for schools;...does not require expensive equipment.

We should get in step with the rest of the world whose football is soccer and eliminate all those life changing injuries sustained on Friday nights across this nation whilst high schoolars attempt to be Friday night heroes.
Soccer is a female sport. What about the men?

Progressive Hunter(whatever that means) chastised me to stay on topic, after I mentioned Lacrosse.
I said that because I was pointing out your ignorance on the topic and you changed subjects because I proved you were either a liar or ignorant fool,,,

and it seems you were a both,,

I said that because I was pointing out your ignorance on the topic and you changed subjects because I proved you were either a liar or ignorant fool,,,

Could be.

The third option is, I'm a bunch of pixels. Anonymous.

Could be.

thats a deflection not an option,,,

Could be.

Nevertheless, it's the truth.

Could be.

tell me,, in your research did you figure out that football isnt played by writhing on the ground or do you still think that??

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

the world needs sports for pussies to soft to play rugby,,,

You wouldn't last five minutes with rugby.

Those guys don't wear protective gear, like you pussies.

LOL....even rugby players say the NFL is far more dangerous.

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

LOL....even rugby players say the NFL is far more dangerous.

yes we do,,,

Could be.

tell me,, in your research did you figure out that football isnt played by writhing on the ground or do you still think that??

I'm only going on what I see on the television screen. What else is there?

Shall I give you a hard time about cricket?

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

well I played rugby for 6 yrs,,,in fact when I started I was 16 and they didnt have youth leagues so I had to play with the big boys,,,

Fuk dat. The only problems with football is 2-fold:
  1. The players are getting hurt because they've been made candyasses. Used to be you never shied away from a hit, and you played hard, clobbered people. Now they run around wearing pink quirting milk for breast awareness month and getting 15 yard penalties for being happy they scored a point. Put the "man" back in football.
  2. Out of control rules and penalties. A full third of all the rules and penalties have to go. Let the guys play. While at it, end slo-mo. Things happen in real time; if you need to review a play, it should be seen in real time as it happened as well. Enough of thids frame by frame bullshit.

they need their helmets and pads taken away,,,

I don't know about taken away, but it is notable that the more they improve protection the more injuries go up. A curious coincidence as the auto industry has found that as they improve car protection, air bags, crumple zones, early warning detectors, etc., people feel safer so drive more dangerously and have more accidents.

I was once with a fellow backing out of a parking space using his rear camera on his dash display and almost got the back of his car taken off by a passing motorist. Had he just turned around and used his head to look out the windows, he would have seen him.

About the only thing back up cameras are good for is hooking up a trailer.
Back in the old days I used the "back up until the trailer tongue hit the license plate" method. You could barely read my plate.

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

well I played rugby for 6 yrs,,,in fact when I started I was 16 and they didnt have youth leagues so I had to play with the big boys,,,

Rugby? In the US?

Where?

Could be.

I'm only going on what I see on the television screen. What else is there?

Shall I give you a hard time about cricket?

thats confusing since 100% of the time they stop the game when the guy with the ball hits the ground,,,

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

Rugby? In the US?

Where?

its currently in every major city and some schools are replacing football with it,
not to mention that most colleges have had a team since the early 80's when I started playing,,,

Yeah, lets vote on it.
lets not,,,

Rugby? In the US?

Where?

its currently in every major city and some schools are replacing football with it,
not to mention that most colleges have had a team since the early 80's when I started playing,,,

One learns something new every day.

Forum List

Back