For Every Confederate Soldier Statue They Remove, Put Up 10

You libtards don't even know what treason means, let alone who it applies too, best look at Obama that is the bastard who committed treason like it or not.

Absolutely! And right now, we should be investigating the OBAMA-BAGHDAI (ISIS) COLLUSION.

Those fighting for the Confederacy were fighting to preserve slavery
There was no other purpose of the Confederacy
Many, if not most, southerners who fought in the Civil War were civilians, who had no uniforms, and never even heard of the Confederacy, or slavery. Many didn't even know of the existence of black people.

There was nothing in the US Constitution that prevented secession. As a matter of fact, we were a country born of secession. From England.

My great grandfather fought for the South from Shilo to Franklinton, and I think that I can say with confidence that he was aware of the confederacy and black people....:rolleyes-41:

Those fighting for the Confederacy were fighting to preserve slavery
There was no other purpose of the Confederacy
Many, if not most, southerners who fought in the Civil War were civilians, who had no uniforms, and never even heard of the Confederacy, or slavery. Many didn't even know of the existence of black people.

I'm sorry....but I just gotta laugh at that one

There was nothing in the US Constitution that prevented secession. As a matter of fact, we were a country born of secession. From England.

And the real traitors IMO was Lincoln and the Union that killed in order to prevent what their fathers and grandfathers did just 85 years before.

The USA had slavery for about 89 years.

The Confederacy had slavery for 4 years.

When I was growing up in Georgia in the 1950's, I heard ad nauseum from yankees about how we Southerners refused to forget the Civil War. As things stand today, it seems to be the reverse. We Southerners have moved on, but these message boards of full of yankees who are outraged that we are taking down confederate statues.Go figure.

And the real traitors IMO was Lincoln and the Union that killed in order to prevent what their fathers and grandfathers did just 85 years before.

Absolutely. Lincoln got what he deserved for treason, and war crimes against the South, and violations of the Constitution...

Absolutely. Lincoln got what he deserved for treason, and war crimes against the South, and violations of the Constitution...

[sigh]

The USA had slavery for about 89 years.

The Confederacy had slavery for 4 years.

That is a good start

Now, the purpose of forming that Confederacy of States was to ensure the continuation of slavery in perpetuity. By insisting on war rather than a peaceful ending of slavery like most other countries, the South ended slavery within four years rather than the 20 or so years it would have taken to legislatively end slavery

Oh...we have one of "those"

After the Civil War was over, and all the Confederate held slaves were free...The USA still had slavery.

Confederate soldiers were fighting to defend their land from the Yankee invasion.

What were Union soldiers fighting for?

Confederate soldiers were fighting to defend their land from the Yankee invasion.

What were Union soldiers fighting for?

RareFlags_IAS_00157.jpg

True...the Civil War wasn't started by secession...it was started by some stupid people shooting at a federal installation.

What's more honorable, fighting to defend your homes and lands from an invasion...Or invading your neighbor to Tyrannize them?

True...the Civil War wasn't started by secession...it was started by some stupid people shooting at a federal installation.

Not true. When South Carolina legally seceded from the Union, Fort Sumter became theirs. They asked the Union to leave the fort peacefully several times. Then the Union tried to resupply the fort which was an act of treachery and an act of war.

Forum List

Back