For guitar teachers, students and everyone in between.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I'm somewhere in between. Even if I was good enough, I probably wouldn't be a great teacher.

That said, this guy Shred - just blew my mind a little, because I've always known this was a great solo by Marty Freidman, but never truly understood exactly why, and this dude explains it perfectly.

Keeping in mind that Dave Mustaine's rhythm and vocals carry the melody of
Marty's lead ( which he wrote - give him credit for it)....as Shred explains very well - and on an acoustic !

My favorite guitar teacher is ME. I teach at home, online, and in a music store.

So far, all I see in this thread is shredding and heavy metal. To really be a well-rounded guitarist (both electric & acoustic), one could play a variety of genres of music (Rock, Blues, Country, Bluegrass, International songs, popular songs/tunes. They could play both rhythm and lead guitar. They could play with a flatpick, and excel at fingerpicking. They could play by ear, not just from written pages.

Last edited:
My favorite guitar teacher is ME. I teach at home, online, and in a music store.

So far, all I see in this thread is shredding and heavy metal. To really be a well-rounded guitarist (both electric & acoustic), one could play a variety of genres of music (Rock, Blues, Country, Bluegrass, International songs, popular songs/tunes. They could play both rhythm and lead guitar. They could play with a flatpick, and excel at fingerpicking. Thy could play by ear, not just from written pages.
It doesn't get more well-rounded than Tim Pierce , but I get what you're saying.

Forum List

Back