For those praising Wal-Mart pay raises

They claim it's to make needed plumbing repairs.
But they have yet to pull a single permit.

2,000 employees making $15k/yr = a savings of 3million bucks.......hmmmm

Who cares. If Walmart closes a store the people that say they are the worst company in the world to work for claim they eliminated jobs nobody should ever want under any circumstances because Walmart sucks. If they let a plumbing problem go they will be called the worst company ever for not fixing it. Some stores closed, who cares.

There are some things which, in relatively small communities, can only be found in Walmart. This week I had need for a couple of such things so took the plunge. The particular store had 30 register positions.

Only two were in use.

All of the spiffy new automated checkouts were in use and there was a line at the entrance to that area.

But those two remaining cashiers were enjoying their fatter paychecks.

Who cares. If Walmart closes a store the people that say they are the worst company in the world to work for claim they eliminated jobs nobody should ever want under any circumstances because Walmart sucks. If they let a plumbing problem go they will be called the worst company ever for not fixing it. Some stores closed, who cares.
I'd say, approximately, 2000 families cate

They claim it's to make needed plumbing repairs.
But they have yet to pull a single permit.

2,000 employees making $15k/yr = a savings of 3million bucks.......hmmmm
You do realize they need the system inspected, then assessed and then get a plumbing engineer to come up with the fix before they can even apply for a permit right? Please tell me you aren't so fucking stupid you think they can just get a permit in one day to fix the issue. Oh, and as a bonus it will probably take 2-4 weeks after the engineer does his part for the city to approve the permit. You people are morons.

You don't give a fuck about them.

You don't know a fucking thing about me or of any connection I have to Wal-Mart.
They must have already had a plumbing expert evaluate the situation to give them cause to close

You don't know a fucking thing about me or of any connection I have to Wal-Mart.
They must have already had a plumbing expert evaluate the situation to give them cause to close
I know enough about you to conclude you're an idiot. They didn't have a plumbing expert you fool, they were doing a walk of the store and found out there were plumbing issues large enough the store needed to address them before they could continue serving the public without causing them harm or being subject to a lawsuit. Only then would a plumbing engineer be called in to assess and make his recommendations which then will have to be drawn up and taken to the government for approval to begin the repairs.

Oh, and as a side note to your ignorance? It costs a shitload of money to close a store. All of the product has to be removed, the pharmacy has to be shut down in an orderly manner with prescriptions moved to new locations at which point if the pharm is closed for more than two weeks they have to re-apply for their license. The food needs vacated immediately and either sent to other stores within 24 hours if possible or destroyed in accordance with local laws.

You're an idiot.

Count on local liberal bureaucrats to, if/when permits are applied for, to delay them to "hurt" Walmart.

Maybe to the point where they just abandon the stores and make the former employees permanently unemployable. Man, that sure will hurt Walmart, right?

Speaking of self checkout, did you guys read Drudge yesterday...robot chef can make 2,000 recipes on it's own. I imagine every fast food joint will me completely automated in 8 years.

Only the worst kind of fool would have imagined that higher salaries would not result in fewer jobs.

Repeat as necessary.

Speaking of self checkout, did you guys read Drudge yesterday...robot chef can make 2,000 recipes on it's own. I imagine every fast food joint will me completely automated in 8 years.
8 years? A robot chef that can make 2000 recipes will not have a problem with hold the pickles. Especially since automated food service is already in use in Europe and Japan.

It's a matter of financing. As soon as these low end burger places get financing the employees are out.

Forum List

Back