Forbes: DHS purchases 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo, and hundreds of millions more...

Even the Forbes hyperventalating piece says "some" of the ammo is hollow point, but how much is unspecfied.

Morevoer, the Forbes piece cites as evidence the DPO piece which essentially says "chill out whacadoodgles, nobody wants your guns or freedoms."

Alex Jones, and anyone who buys his bullshit, is an idiot.

Then you must provide a plausible explanation with facts that refutes the story as reported by Forbes.
You don't get to say "bullshit" without facts to the contrary.

Here's a link for the conspiracy nuts: What's really behind ammo shortages across country? | Fox News Video

Fox News good enough for you?

Even FOX says the 1.6 billion purchase and conspiracy theories are bullshit!

But you'd rather believe Alex Jones? Really?

That asshole is saying our troops are going to turn on us. You understand that, you flag pin wearing, "Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon magnetic bumper sticker owning, idiots?

You fool jumped right off a cliff with Alex Jones. You did not even hesitate to buy into the idea that our troops are going to turn on us.

Critical thinking is alien technology to the perpetually credulous. You never learn.

Quite frankly, I don't care one way or another.
Stories such as this raise attention because I do not trust the federal government and trust the current leadership even less.
WHAT.....is Alex Jones?

You don't use hollow point ammo for target shooting, which is what Snopes is claiming.

It's very expensive to do so.

50rds - 9mm Federal LE Tactical HST 147gr. +P HP Ammo $59.95

100 - 9mm soft point - $17.25

This seems to be what they're missing.

In my opinion it seems more like a "soft" gun control measure by cornering the ammo market. These people who think they have good intentions are deciding to curtail the Constitution by going under the radar.

There is speculation that the Obama admin is deliberately creating an ammunition shortage in order to drive up prices and keep ammo out of the hands of private citizens. In other words, these pussies on Capitol Hill are going to force gun control down our throats with or without the legislative process.

I notice you swallowed that horseshit without snide remarks asking for "a plausible explanation with facts".

You don't use hollow point ammo for target shooting, which is what Snopes is claiming.

In my opinion it seems more like a "soft" gun control measure by cornering the ammo market. These people who think they have good intentions are deciding to curtail the Constitution by going under the radar.

Except they aren't "cornering the ammo market".

Jesus, you guys just make shit up on the fly, eh?

Bullshit. They have links to government web sites in that link, idiot. Real evidence. Read it.

I also posted evidence these are IDIQ agreements. The government is not taking delivery of 1.6 billion rounds.

That's it? In the face of hard evidence debunking your whackjob conspiracy, that's all you have?

"I wouldn't put it past 'em!"

Seriously?
And I posted the story link from Forbes. Because it doesn't fit the lib template, you dismissed it. .
Oh, let me know if you want to get into a contest of insults. I can go all day and night.
And I don't give shit about rules.
Now, you want a discussion or a street brawl?..Your call.
Snopes..Sheesh...Snopes is about as high in the cred list as Wiki.

Ipse dixit.

Too afraid to look at the links in the Snopes site? Actual government links.

Too afraid to look at the IDIQ evidence I provided, I see.

Go ahead and be an idiot conspiracy theorist. That makes MUCH more sense. :lol:

So...yeah. If you are an idiot, I call them like I see them.

What makes you think the government would actually admit to the purchase of so many rounds of ammo, when they also deny any wrong doing in the Fast and Furious blunder as well as deflect attention of Benghazi by blaming a video? This administration hasn't shown it can be honest with itself much less the American people.

And I posted the story link from Forbes. Because it doesn't fit the lib template, you dismissed it. .
Oh, let me know if you want to get into a contest of insults. I can go all day and night.

Ipse dixit.

What makes you think the government would actually admit to the purchase of so many rounds of ammo, when they also deny any wrong doing in the Fast and Furious blunder as well as deflect attention of Benghazi by blaming a video? This administration hasn't shown it can be honest with itself much less the American people.

So...in the face of overwhelming evidence that Alex Jones' opium fantasy is complete bullshit, you decide to believe it anyway.

Classic. "It has to be true because I WANT to believe it."

Christ, you people are beyond stupid.

Except they aren't "cornering the ammo market".

Jesus, you guys just make shit up on the fly, eh?

I noticed that you didn't actually comment on the fact that Snopes is claiming they are buying Hollow points for practice (Target) shooting, which is extremely expensive to do.

Or are you saying that Obama is spending about 4 times more on ammo than what they need to be?

Ipse dixit.

Why should I be concerned if the feds want to buy over several years the same number of rounds they use for target and exercises over ten years because they get a better price in bulk, and some unspecified number of these rounds are hollow points? I just don't see some vast left wing conspiracy here.

I would agree that Obama is an imperial potus and his drone policy, or lack thereof, is disappointing to say the least. But, critics lose credibility when they go down randian/cruzian rabbit holes.

As of March 22, 2013

DHS told Whispers it regularly fills all of its goods and services requirements at one time because it's cheaper for the agency, and that the 1.6 billion number was misleading because the language of DHS's purchase said it would need "up to" a certain amount.

One solicitation by the agency—for training centers and law enforcement personnel—was for "up to" 750 million rounds of training ammunition over the next five years, DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard told Whispers.

Another five-year contract allows for the purchase of "up to" 450 million rounds of ammunition, he said, and was also for law enforcement.

According to a letter to one lawmaker detailing DHS ammunition purchases, the department procured 148 million rounds in 2012.

Another sign of miscommunication, as the government denies any large ammo purchase, and you have DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard saying they are. However he wants to leave it very vague as to how many in fact WILL be purchased to fill the Department's needs, claiming that its for law enforcement training purposes. Sounds like the same familiar double talk coming from this administration. So much for Obama's belief in transparency ..... what an embarrassing joke this administration really is.

Oh, and btw, those mine resistent vehicles that the military no longer has a use for (thank God) might have come in handy during Katrina.

Say what???...
:eek:
U.S. Marines rattled by bullet shortage
25 Mar.`13 - Rank and file told to conserve as Big Sis buys by the billion
At least one branch of the U.S. military is scrimping and saving every bullet it can while the Department of Homeland Security is on a bullet-buying spree. Marine Corps Commandant James F. Amos blames sequester budget cuts for causing the Corps to have to scrimp and save every bullet. In a video to Marines, he says, “I ask you to save every round, every gallon of gas, that you take every single aspect, or opportunity, in training to get the most bang for the buck.” “This is no time to do business as usual. Things have changed. The landscape has changed. I need you to be conservative in the way we do business,” Amos continued.

Sequester cuts do not seem to have slowed down the massive purchase of bullets by DHS. WND bas been closely following the department’s big buildup of ammo, reporting how DHS bought more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the last year. Members of Congress are demanding the Obama administration explain why it is stockpiling a huge arsenal of ammunition and weapons. “They have no answer for that question. They refuse to answer to answer that,” said Rep. Timothy Huelscamp, R-Kan. “I think Congress should ask the department about both of those issues, and I would like a full explanation as to why that has been done, and I have every confidence that the oversight committee … should ask those questions,” said Rep. Leonard Lance, R-N.J.

DHS has argued that it is buying in bulk to save money, explaining it uses as many as 15 million rounds a year for training law enforcement agents. But the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo would be enough for more than 100 years of training. Additionally, the DHS is buying hollow-point bullets, which experts say are rarely used for training exercices. The DHS ordered 240,000 hollow-point rounds last month and has now placed an order for 360,000 more rounds. It’s not just the Marines who are struggling to get by. Even local law enforcement agencies are having a tough time finding ammo.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she believes the federal government is building an arsenal to prepare for civil unrest if the country goes bankrupt. And retired U.S. Army Captain Terry M. Hestilow has written a letter to Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas warning that “the recent appropriation of weapons by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that can only be understood as a bold threat of war by that agency, and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America.”

Read more at U.S. Marines rattled by bullet shortage

This massive ammo purchase by the DHS is nothing more than the Obama Administration using our Tax dollars to create an ammo shortage, and artificially inflate ammunition prices as a back door approach to gun control and the continuing Democrat War on Guns and the usurping of Law abiding citizens Freedoms to own guns. That is all.

They are grandfathering everything. In ten years all these guns will be obsolete. Look up lasar technology at the darpa.mil website. Another thing, these guns are useless without ammo.

Caribou Barbie’s latest wingnut fever dream.

Look out, half-governor Sarah Palin has emerged from her bunker to spread the right wing fairy tale that the federal government is stockpiling ammunition to use against American citizens when civilization breaks down and the US becomes a nightmare hellscape where the law of the jungle rules the streets. We’re doomed.

Sarah Palin: The Government Is Stockpiling Ammo to Use Against US Citizens

kids_guns.png

Actually, the stockpiling of ammo is to supply Obama's Youth Army.

Did FEMA Create a Youth Army?

Forum List

Back