Forget What You're Being Told. Here's the Real Reason for California's Trucker Shortage.

With unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, labor could potentially go to school as long as they want or until they command the market based wage they desire to provide labor input to the economy.
Owner operators are people who have made a conscious decision to work for themselves. They pay for their own trucks and take the risks, which means they are eligible for greater risks and rewards than company employees. Self employment is an American dream that lefties have trouble understanding.

I see your point. Some on the left are for equal protection of the at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation so the labor force can learn new skills for modern times.
what's that have to do with owners per the other poster's post?

You got nothing.

Read this: Rigged. Forced into debt. Worked past exhaustion. Left with nothing.
This is a great report. Should have won a pulitzer. The whole thing is worth reading.

"Truckers at dozens of companies describe the same basic scene. They were handed a lease-to-own contract by their employer and given a choice: Sign immediately or be fired. Many drivers who spoke little English said managers gave them no time to seek legal advice or even an interpreter to read the contract."

I'm not saying being an owner-operator is always bad. I'm saying the trucking companies are guilty of some predatory tactics that are coming back to bite us all in the ass.
Americans are free to buy their own trucks from used or new dealerships, or from private parties. Just like buying a new or used car from a dealer or craigslist. Trucking companies will gladly contract freight hauling to owner operators. Lowly company drivers typically dream of becoming owner operators.

The left ruins everything it touches. They have wrecked the Golden State. And they are infecting the rest of America.

There are multiple causes, including union rules preventing extra shifts or longer hours to get the ships unloaded, a lack of rail capacity for the extra goods, and not enough truckers to haul everything away.
What if I told you the trucker shortage isn’t just what you’ve been told?
What if I told you that in California, the trucker shortage is a self-inflicted wound?
What if I told you the wound was inflicted by Democrats?
You can’t find your shocked face, can you?
Long term, this nation does have a trucker problem. The average age for truckers is 55, and the industry is having a hard time attracting new workers.
Redwood Logistics explains:

Over the next 10-15 years, a lot of truckers are going to retire, and there aren’t enough replacements in the pipeline.
The immediate problem, the one in Los Angeles, has been caused by the state’s vindictively regulatory state government.
We’ll get to the trucker shortage in just a moment, but California also faces a shortage of trucks for them to drive.
Twitter user Jerry Oakley reminds us that “Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020.” Otherwise, “Their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV,” according to California law.
“The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.”
As a result, trucks aren’t being purchased to replace the ones being regulated out of business.
But even if there were plenty of trucks in California, there wouldn’t be enough truckers to drive them — and it isn’t because the truckers are too old.

...​

11 people agreed here ...but only 1 laughed at this.....guess who that was?......

But you think it's ok to allow looting and rioting with no force to stop it?
Simply making up right-wing fantasy is not any more credible.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

Owner operators are people who have made a conscious decision to work for themselves. They pay for their own trucks and take the risks, which means they are eligible for greater risks and rewards than company employees. Self employment is an American dream that lefties have trouble understanding.
I didn't actually read the report but the other poster mentioned predatory practices. Sort of the same reason the Dominican Republic and Haiti have their own issues.

You got nothing.

Read this: Rigged. Forced into debt. Worked past exhaustion. Left with nothing.
This is a great report. Should have won a pulitzer. The whole thing is worth reading.

"Truckers at dozens of companies describe the same basic scene. They were handed a lease-to-own contract by their employer and given a choice: Sign immediately or be fired. Many drivers who spoke little English said managers gave them no time to seek legal advice or even an interpreter to read the contract."

I'm not saying being an owner-operator is always bad. I'm saying the trucking companies are guilty of some predatory tactics that are coming back to bite us all in the ass.
Ahhhh so the state of Calicrazy changed the rules on the drivers. So your message has no basis. This is a state legislative issue. Could easily be cleared by the State. But they hate workers so much and people earning livings, they violate humanity needs and force shit like what you posted. Fk that!!!

I read a story the other day about a train that goes 140 MPH.... This isn't unusual but citizens of the nation that have this train can go from one side of the nation to the other pretty much in 3 hours.

The train is in Montenegro. Montenegro. Freaking Montenegro. They have an infrastructure that is better than ours in that aspect. Would be just dandy if we could take the containers and pop them from the ships to a train and have them in the midwest the same day they are offloaded.

Could the US do this? OF course it could. Will it? Of course it won't.
then quit voting for the useless shit you vote for....

I didn't actually read the report but the other poster mentioned predatory practices. Sort of the same reason the Dominican Republic and Haiti have their own issues.
The only predatory practice that is happening is dems attempting to hijack the status of self employed entrepreneurs and "mandating" that they identify as employees.

Increases the availability of more rational choices under our form of capitalism.
still going Dexter on me huh? hilarious. you seem to be a nut job and a half. Come back when you want to have a serious discussion. You're mumbo jumbo isn't working.

Forum List

Back