Through the perilous fight,
O'er the HUMHUMHUM,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof HUMHUMHUM

just hum a few bars ya old fart

good job geniass ..

senile - too old to be trusted with the running and security of the country - give him a rocking chair.

Does Donald Trump Know the National Anthem Lyrics? President Sings Part of Song At College Football Championship

genius ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you know it word for word? I don't.
Have you forgotten so much of it that were you amid a stadium full of people singing it, you couldn't keep up? I suspect not. Am I giving you too much benefit of the doubt in doing so?
I'd be half a syllable behind from past "twilight's last gleaming"
I know America the Beautiful though. Does that count?

FWIW, I have to sing the song in my head from the start to know what comes immediately after "twilight's last gleaming."

Aside:
Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people sing it and don't realize that the part of the U.S. National Anthem most often sun consists of two questions, and they're not rhetorical. That is what it is now, but you know as well as I that questions affirm nothing. A question is a literal indication of uncertainty. What possessed someone to choose a song that essentially and seriously asks "have we been defeated yet?" How on Earth the group that choose the "Star Spangled Banner" as the U.S.' anthem construed such a sentiment as encouraging or something around which to rally is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong. Taken as a whole, the poem is quite apt for being our National Anthem; however, I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've heard the whole poem recited or sung. Too, the final octave of Key's poem is quite inspiring, uplifting, etc., but it isn't the one most often sung.

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
-- Francis Scott Key, "Star Spangled Banner"​

What possessed someone to choose a song that essentially and seriously asks "have we been defeated yet?"
No wonder you are confused.

The song is not asking if we are defeated yet.

It is asking if we are still winning as we were when last seen. It is a song written by a prisoner on the bad guys' ship! A small, backwater country up against a superpower.

What possessed someone to choose a song that essentially and seriously asks "have we been defeated yet?"

The song is not asking if we are defeated yet.

It is asking if we are still winning as we were when last seen. It is a song written by a prisoner on the bad guys' ship! A small, backwater country up against a superpower.

It is not I who is confused.

he song is not asking if we are defeated yet.

The whole poem is not. The first octave is. There's a reason I provided the link found in post 22, which is the one to which you've replied.

What part of the following paragraph did you not understand?
Don't get me wrong. Taken as a whole, the poem is quite apt for being our National Anthem; however, I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've heard the whole poem recited or sung. Too, the final octave of Key's poem is quite inspiring, uplifting, etc., but it isn't the one most often sung.

The crowd loved it, and Trump got big applause for his patriotism, which liberals don't get, since they hate our country.

might be the first time hes ever attempted to sing it ..

Really our presidents can't be expected to know everything that why we are suppose to have balance of power, not that we do.

Really our presidents can't be expected to know everything that why we are suppose to have balance of power, not that we do.
Someone who made a big fucking deal about disrespecting our national anthem should KNOW THE WORDS.

Trump is a hollow fucking blowhard hypocritical gasbag.

He should know a lot of things, like hiring better people. will take not knowing a song over not knowing how to put qualified people in powerful places.

Yeah, if you watch the video, its pretty obvious Trump was lost. He doesn't know the words.

Jesus Christ, who are his handlers? If the Prez is going on national TV, make the fuck sure he knows the words to the National Anthem he has made such a fake outraged issue over!

the ultimate kneel during the NA .. forget the words

MENTAL KNEELING !!
LoLing!

#LOLGOP

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back