Former Vanderbilt football players indicted for rape

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Former Vanderbilt football players indicted for rape

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Four former Vanderbilt football players have been indicted on five counts of aggravated rape each of an unconscious 21-year-old student at a campus dormitory in June.

Safety Cory Batey, 19 of Nashville, Tenn.; defensive back Brandon Banks, 19, of Brandywine, Md.; receiver Jaborian "Tip" McKenzie, 19, of Woodville, Miss.; and tight end Brandon Vandenburg, 20, of Indio, Calif. also have been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery for an incident tipped to campus officials by surveillance video. Vandenburg also is charged with one count of tampering with evidence and one count of unlawful photography.

While the players were indicted Friday, the district attorney general pointed out that the investigation isn't over yet.

Read more: Former Vanderbilt football players indicted for rape | Fox News

Would you agree that these monsters should be punished if not executed.

GMA s Coverage of the Vanderbilt Rape Case Is Hot Buttered Garbage

I am concerned the laws are not strong enough to deter this trend of drugging or drunkenness to commit rape
and bullying by social media.

What I would like to know is what punishments or consequences do we need to add to such rape to DETER it in the first place. Clearly the laws and process in place are not enough to prevent it. And what about the inability to SETTLE this directly instead of dragging the assault victim through more nightmare than she already had to go through? What laws do we need to use as leverage in order to give INCENTIVE for people to admit what they did to get out of worse consequences?

I am thinking what about putting people's CITIZENSHIP on the line. If you want the right to serve your sentence in the US on US tax dollars, then you are required to give full information. If you take the fifth you also lose rights to have a say in your sentence and appeals to the same degree you withhold information. And you require someone else to convict you, instead of you confessing directly, then you risk losing your citizenship during the sentence. Plus losing your citizenship for life if you blame another person wrongly for a crime you did yourself. We need to up the ante, figure out what it takes to deter such crimes and to motivate settlements.

Thursday letters Death penalty immigration marijuana - Houston Chronicle

My heart, prayers and respect go to the student watching and enduring this while trying to finish school.
She is brave and inspiring, and I want to do something to honor her.

What better way than to organize lobby and legislative teams to write up stronger laws to deter violations.

Forum List

Back