Fourth of July weekend toll: 82 shot, 14 of them fatally, in Chicago

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
One answer would be gun control, take the guns from one side so the other criminal side won't get shot. Another would be to supply everyone with a 60 inch big screen TV to keep them occupied. Or we could stop the nonsense at the border and the shutting of our coal industry and put people to work, meaningful work.

Has there ever been a better example of failed liberal politics then Chicago, oh yeah, Detroit.

Fourth of July weekend toll: 82 shot, 14 of them fatally, in Chicago

• From Thursday night into Friday, three people were killed and 10 others wounded. An attack outside a West Englewood salon left two men dead and an East Garfield Park shooting took the life of a 21-year-old woman.

• From Friday afternoon into Saturday, 20 people were shot, one fatally. The man who died had been flashing gang signs in a parking lot in the Clearing neighborhood when someone told him to stop. When the man didn’t, he was shot, police said.

• From Saturday night into Sunday morning, four people were killed and another 10 wounded.

• The bloodiest stretch of the weekend was a 13-hour period between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 3:30 a.m. Monday when four people were killed and at least another 26 wounded, many of them in critical condition. And the most chaotic scene was in South Chicago, where three people were wounded during a running gun battle.

I am wondering what YOU think is gonna happen when you arm the drug dealers and thugs in any major city.

What is it that people like you expect to happen when any gang banger worth his pledge can get a gun? And not just some little 6 shot .22 revolver. But big guns with big killing power.

What is it that you expect to happen when large numbers of young men with attitudes are all able to arm themselves?

This is nothing more than the logical outcome of unlimited gun ownership.

You all quit bitching about it. It is an expected outcome of unrestricted guns. Isn't this type of killing EXACTLY what the gun industry needs to keep selling plenty of guns and ammo. You gotta protect yourselves these days.

Even the gang bangers of Chi Town agree with you gun nutters. You gotta protect yourself.

I am wondering what YOU think is gonna happen when you arm the drug dealers and thugs in any major city.

What is it that people like you expect to happen when any gang banger worth his pledge can get a gun? And not just some little 6 shot .22 revolver. But big guns with big killing power.

What is it that you expect to happen when large numbers of young men with attitudes are all able to arm themselves?

You all quit bitching about it. It is an expected outcome of unrestricted guns. Isn't this type of killing EXACTLY what the gun industry needs to keep selling plenty of guns and ammo. You gotta protect yourselves these days.

Even the gang bangers of Chi Town agree with you gun nutters. You gotta protect yourself.

What is this "unrestricted guns" thing you are talking about? by that measure the drugs they are selling are "unrestricted" as well.

What is this "unrestricted guns" thing you are talking about? by that measure the drugs they are selling are "unrestricted" as well.

Marty I am sure you are trying to make a point while dodging what I wrote about the logical consequences of allowing gang bangers access to guns and drugs.

Do YOU think the gang bangers in Chitown are having a hard time getting their hands on the weapons of their choice? Is that why so many were shot? Because the shooters couldn't get a weapon? That's dumb.

And there are plenty of drugs to go around. WTF you think they are shooting each other?

Also Marty. Don't the people of Chicago (even the punks if not felons) have the same rights as the rest of us to arm themselves for self defense? After all Marty. Guns don't kill people by themselves. SO what's the harm in having drug dealers/gang bangers having guns for self protection? You think people in Chicago don't need protection?

Hell there were like 80 people shot this weekend.

Marty I am sure you are trying to make a point while dodging what I wrote about the logical consequences of allowing gang bangers access to guns and drugs.

Do YOU think the gang bangers in Chitown are having a hard time getting their hands on the weapons of their choice? Is that why so many were shot? Because the shooters couldn't get a weapon? That's dumb.

And there are plenty of drugs to go around. WTF you think they are shooting each other?

Also Marty. Don't the people of Chicago (even the punks if not felons) have the same rights as the rest of us to arm themselves for self defense? After all Marty. Guns don't kill people by themselves. SO what's the harm in having drug dealers/gang bangers having guns for self protection? You think people in Chicago don't need protection?

Hell there were like 80 people shot this weekend.

We don't ALLOW them access to those things. They WANT those things, despite all sorts of laws to the contrary, and as always, when there is a DEMAND, a supply will make itself available.

The people of Chicago actually DON'T have the rights most of the country takes for granted. Chicago laws are designed to prevent LAW ABIDING people from getting firearms, and do NOTHING to prevent the gangbangers from getting them.

So basically the only people who are armed are the police, who can't be everywhere, and criminals, who unfortunately seem to have a stranglehold on certain Chicago neighborhoods.

I don't want to arm drug dealers, whatever gave you that idea?

I expect they will use it illegally.

They will start killing mostly each other fighting over the scraps the government supplies, but let me ask, why do you think they have an "attitude?"

YOU blame the violence on gun ownership and surly guns do make the violence easy. But gun confiscation does not stop the underlying problems that are giving these young men an "ATTITUDE."

What do you think I am bitching about? I am bitching that your side, the left, has failed these people. Your side keeps wishing to give them a fish, I suggest we give them meaningful work, let them fish, what problem to you see in doing so? That is what I said, address the underlying problem not the symptom.

You disagree? You don't feel you need to protect yourself? If you say yes the I am afraid you are not thinking out the question. YOU defend yourself in many different ways. You lock your doors and windows at night. You support your local police with the notion they can protect you. So everyone does what they need do to protect themselves. That is not a vice that is part of the human condition.

They will start killing mostly each other fighting over the scraps the government supplies, but let me ask, why do you think they have an "attitude?"

YOU blame the violence on gun ownership and surly guns do make the violence easy. But gun confiscation does not stop the underlying problems that are giving these young men an "ATTITUDE."

What do you think I am bitching about? I am bitching that your side, the left, has failed these people. Your side keeps wishing to give them a fish, I suggest we give them meaningful work, let them fish, what problem to you see in doing so? That is what I said, address the underlying problem not the symptom.

You disagree? You don't feel you need to protect yourself? If you say yes the I am afraid you are not thinking out the question. YOU defend yourself in many different ways. You lock your doors and windows at night. You support your local police with the notion they can protect you. So everyone does what they need do to protect themselves. That is not a vice that is part of the human condition.

My SIDE has failed WHO? MY side is the one that would make it illegal for any male under the age of 30 to have ANY type of weapon.

Now I am the only one on my SIDE. But still.....

As Joe has said repeatedly, anyone can travel outside of the Chicago city limits and buy guns. Why is that a problem? Then if you are a smart arms dealer to the thugs and drug dealers, you can make a real good mark up on the weapon you just bought. Capitalism at it's low point. But like Marty said; supply and demand.

Territory has to be protected. Slights have to be avenged. Drug sales are a way they make a living. And guns make it all possible. They are like the yeast in the bread. The fizz in the soda. The glitter in a gang bangers eyes.

Yes sir re, them gang bangers in Chi town love them some guns. Just like a lot of others across the country. It's just that they are out there using them. Quite often it seems. And it ain't target practice. Though if more of them spent time at the range, they would be more lethal.

But anyway. Gun control does not work. You gun nutters say that every single day. And Chi town has tried to control them guns. It don't work.

So what is your alls solution? If you have no solution, quit bitching about Chicago. They are doing the best they can given the conditions they have to operate under.

Don't know where you came up with that idea. OF course you have to protect yourself.
Why do you think I have guns and big dogs? And carry a knife. And a cudgel in the truck.
Of course you have to protect yourself.

Now I don't wear body armor. And I don't have an AR15 like my friends do. But I have good tactical awareness and manage to keep myself out of trouble most of the time.

Good for me eh? You gotta protect what you love.

82 shot and only 14 died? What the hell were they aiming at?
And this is one of your American patriots:
American doesn't need to be Liberated, you need to start your own nation. We will help you pack and wave a cheerful goodbye...
I will be the one to decide what America does or does not need, you can be in charge of your remote control and your weaner.
It's my nation not yours little friend. If you dislike it so much, leave...

I know this may sound repetitive ... BUT common sense says:
"Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns"!!!

Don't know where you came up with that idea. OF course you have to protect yourself.
Why do you think I have guns and big dogs? And carry a knife. And a cudgel in the truck.
Of course you have to protect yourself.

Now I don't wear body armor. And I don't have an AR15 like my friends do. But I have good tactical awareness and manage to keep myself out of trouble most of the time.

Good for me eh? You gotta protect what you love.

Following what I think is your train of thought, the government needs to take your gun(s).

My SIDE has failed WHO? MY side is the one that would make it illegal for any male under the age of 30 to have ANY type of weapon.

As Joe has said repeatedly, anyone can travel outside of the Chicago city limits and buy guns. Why is that a problem? Then if you are a smart arms dealer to the thugs and drug dealers, you can make a real good mark up on the weapon you just bought. Capitalism at it's low point. But like Marty said; supply and demand.

Territory has to be protected. Slights have to be avenged. Drug sales are a way they make a living. And guns make it all possible. They are like the yeast in the bread. The fizz in the soda. The glitter in a gang bangers eyes.

Yes sir re, them gang bangers in Chi town love them some guns. Just like a lot of others across the country. It's just that they are out there using them. Quite often it seems. And it ain't target practice. Though if more of them spent time at the range, they would be more lethal.

But anyway. Gun control does not work. You gun nutters say that every single day. And Chi town has tried to control them guns. It don't work.

So what is your alls solution? If you have no solution, quit bitching about Chicago. They are doing the best they can given the conditions they have to operate under.

No, they can not, you ignorant failure. They are called straw purchases, and they are illegal. Felons obtain guns by having clean record straws go in and make the purchases. So, in other words, it is MORE crime in order to obtain these arms and it IS illegal to bring them into Chicago as well. The entire affair is a wash in illegal activity. From the purchasing point, to the final end user. ALL illegal. So, you're not only wrong, but fuckin' wrong.

What's the solution? For starters, I'd recommend stop giving intent to and blaming an inanimate object for human behaviors. That's a good start If you LOLberals can manage that, then we can move onto to trying to find actual solutions instead of making regular honest citizens criminals for protecting themselves.

Also Marty. Don't the people of Chicago (even the punks if not felons) have the same rights as the rest of us to arm themselves for self defense? After all Marty. Guns don't kill people by themselves.
Same exact with guns, but you have to ask where did ISIS and the Al Qaeda in Syria got their weapons: Those who control our government armed them - see 4m:35s mark of the video below:

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does it matter to you when the Sunnis and Shiites are shooting each other in Iraq? Isn't there some part of your opinion that says let them kill each other?

It's the same thing here.

I know this may sound repetitive ... BUT common sense says:
"Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns"!!!

Outlaw bathroom breaks and only criminals will use the bathroom!

I just wanted to chime in on things no one is talking about outlawing since that seems to be a thing

How much does it matter to you when the Sunnis and Shiites are shooting each other in Iraq? Isn't there some part of your opinion that says let them kill each other?

It's the same thing here.
Thank you for your honest question, but it will be too late to care when they create this situation here in America

No, they can not, you ignorant failure. They are called straw purchases, and they are illegal. Felons obtain guns by having clean record straws go in and make the purchases. So, in other words, it is MORE crime in order to obtain these arms and it IS illegal to bring them into Chicago as well. The entire affair is a wash in illegal activity. From the purchasing point, to the final end user. ALL illegal. So, you're not only wrong, but fuckin' wrong.

What's the solution? For starters, I'd recommend stop giving intent to and blaming an inanimate object for human behaviors. That's a good start If you LOLberals can manage that, then we can move onto to trying to find actual solutions instead of making regular honest citizens criminals for protecting themselves.

Dude, are you retarded or whatt? You think a criminal/gang banger is going to worry that they are using a straw fuking buyer. You dipshit. They EMPLOY straw buyers. Of course its illegal. SO What??? You can't stop it, the NRA can't stop it and that's just the way it is. There is much money to be made.

But it is the gun loving right wingers on here that keep bring up how many got shot in Chicago over and over. Who the hell cares. Especially the gun loving right wingers.

The people shooting each other are most likely the very people that YOU are armed against.
Hell, they're doing what you would do if they fucked with you. Right?

Shooting in big cities should be treated just like gun suicides and child death by gun; just something that happens in the gun culture we have.

I don't hear you bitching about gun suicides and "accidental" child deaths.

What's so different about Chicago?

Feel free to point out where I blamed an inanimate object for anything. I didn't. Then feel free to share a workable solution or just admit you don't know how to stop this shit.

Forum List

Back