Fox News has made a Industry on Old People making fun of College Kids

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
More and more their stories are about what some college kid did somewhere at some time. They have taken the tried and true...Old people "Whats wrong with today's kids" feelings and turned them into news segments.

But think about it...A bunch of 40 and 50 year olds going on about stuff they dont understand from people half their age. Congrats guys, good job

Bigotry goes both ways. The post shows that kids don't understand people twice their age with twice their experience.

Bigotry goes both ways. The post shows that kids don't understand people twice their age with twice their experience.

Your not even addressing anything you're just saying common knowledge things like "bigotry goes both ways". Wow

The Fox segments focus on college students who are sensitive to racist or bigoted language: Fox makes fun of their safe zones and openly ridicules them as spoilt babies who will never survive in the real world. It is all part of their war against political correctness. Now, I will admit that some colleges are letting things go too far--being afraid of "Trump 2016" chalked on the sidewalk makes some students fear for their safety? Really?--but we have to remember, these kids DON'T have our experience and maturity, yet. That's why they call them kids.
I for one will be glad to see our society full of people sensitive to racism and bigotry. Maybe that will be what it takes for this country to stop embarrassing itself over things like Who Pees Where.

Now, I will admit that some colleges are letting things go too far--being afraid of "Trump 2016" chalked on the sidewalk makes some students fear for their safety? Really?-

No not really because they are kids who say a lot of dumb shit. If you believe they are actually scared for their safety then you're part of the problem that seeks to make everything no matter how silly valid.

This is like when Isis says they want to rule the world and people go OMG did you hear that?

More and more their stories are about what some college kid did somewhere at some time. They have taken the tried and true...Old people "Whats wrong with today's kids" feelings and turned them into news segments.

But think about it...A bunch of 40 and 50 year olds going on about stuff they dont understand from people half their age. Congrats guys, good job

What do you expect? In my day young whipper snapper we only had 13 channels of shit to choose from on t.v. and played pong on a black and white television.

We had it hard compared to kids nowadays :)

LOL, in ClosedCaption's world. Pay particular attention to when they claim ageism.

Sounds exactly like what libtards do all the time.

LOL, in ClosedCaption's world. Pay particular attention to when they claim ageism.

But I never mentioned Ageism....?

It was simply a reference to a particular part of the video where they shun the man for making fun of their child leaders who are devoid of bias because of their youth, which of course, is why they put them in charge.

So where did you get the "CC's world" part from since, yanno, I never mentioned what you are referring too?

Everyone understands cupcake nation. That's why it's so funny.

Those college kids are the people that will be saving their worthless lives(doctors), building the bridges they drive over and fixing their t.v's, computers and bailing their ass out of a legal problem...But, hey those kids are stupid for not wanting to abolish government.

But I never mentioned Ageism....?

It was simply a reference to a particular part of the video where they shun the man for making fun of their child leaders who are devoid of bias because of their youth, which of course, is why they put them in charge.

So where did you get the "CC's world" part from since, yanno, I never mentioned what you are referring too?

I was joking around about defending the inexperienced and uneducated youth. If the youth vote was the only vote, Bernie Sanders would be the next President of the United States. The reason Fox can so easily make fun of college students is simply because they are so inexperienced and naive that they'll swallow whatever their inexperienced and naive professors puts into their little minds. If history is any indicator, whether it be Communist China during the terror of the cultural revolutionary vanguard or the college student support of Khomeini of Iran, college students are especially ignorant of the world they live in. It wont be until they are economically self sufficient and much more experienced until they suddenly wake up and say, "whoa, I was an idiot." I especially enjoyed going to a very far leftist/elitist liberal arts college where I left both the students and the professors (Who have never been outside the academic community) stunned with logical arguments they've never had to address before. The most conservative professors where those who worked for most of their life and took on a professorship to supplement their retirement income from a successful career. Those types thought the common consensus among students moronic and naive.

In fairness to Fox......this generation of college kids are some real fucking retards.

Sorry but "understanding" sale places isn't what's called for. Ridicule is.

The Fox segments focus on college students who are sensitive to racist or bigoted language: Fox makes fun of their safe zones and openly ridicules them as spoilt babies who will never survive in the real world. It is all part of their war against political correctness. Now, I will admit that some colleges are letting things go too far--being afraid of "Trump 2016" chalked on the sidewalk makes some students fear for their safety? Really?--but we have to remember, these kids DON'T have our experience and maturity, yet. That's why they call them kids.
I for one will be glad to see our society full of people sensitive to racism and bigotry. Maybe that will be what it takes for this country to stop embarrassing itself over things like Who Pees Where.
As an old white guy, 72, going to school with these kids, I find them overall to admirable young people, and have no trouble communicating with them. Do they have different skills than I did at their age? Of course. At their age, the slide rule was the standard computing instrument. And communicating with people not only in different nations, but on different continents without bankrupting oneself was not even science fiction when I was their age.

Do they have a more accepting outlook on individual freedom? Yes, of course. Are they more knowledgeable on the modern tools of society, absolutely. And are many of the people in the 40 to 65 age group afraid of their skills? You damned betcha. That is more than half of the resentment.

In fairness to Fox......this generation of college kids are some real fucking retards.
Crap. You represent that in your generation.

This generation has the playboys and playgirls the same as every other generation. It has the ideologues that believe their ideology is more important that life itself, and particularly more important that the lives of those that do not share their ideology. And it has the working men and women who will build this nation in our future. I expect to see great things from them.

And the whole time they are achieving these great things, those doing nothing at all for the nation will be saying what fools they are. It has ever been thus.

Well, let's get real. College pukes are stupid as stool. They actually listen to their mad professors.

Forum List

Back