FOX news reports a victory over War On Christmas

August West

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2014
The more lights you have to annoy your neighbors the more "Christian" you are. I remember Jesus`s first miracle was decorating mother Mary`s house with really cool electric lights that kept all of her neighbors awake at night. He said to the neighbors that first night "Let there be lights-a boatload of lights- that those among you will see how cool Christmas really is when a lot of lights and noise making gadgets are involved. That is the essence of Christmas-really bright lights waking up all the neighbors during peak Christmas shopping days.
It`s all there in the New Testament!
'War on Christmas': Idaho Man Wins 4-Year Battle Over Holiday Lights Display

trump-invites-santa-and-jesus-back-to-america-primary.jpg

So I guess you are against free speech and freedom. Perhaps you only agree to those things if they are in line with what you believe.

So he shouldn't be able to have his light display because someone might be offended on religious grounds? The court's decision must have been a no-brainer.

So I guess you are against free speech and freedom. Perhaps you only agree to those things if they are in line with what you believe.
I`m against my neighbor doing things that devalue my home and infringe on my peace. What about everyone else`s rights in that neighborhood?

I`m against my neighbor doing things that devalue my home and infringe on my peace. What about everyone else`s rights in that neighborhood?

I`m against my neighbor doing things that devalue my home

Neighbor spending thousands on Holiday lights devalues your home?

How?

By making you look like a cheapskate?

How?

Destroying the peace and tranquility of the neighborhood. I shouldn`t have to explain this to you as though I was talking to a toddler. Is that what I`m doing here?

Actually, if you live in or near Hayden, which I do, the prices of houses have sky rocketed the past 18 months. You would be very happy if you were to sell.
Sadly, property taxes have gone up, also.
Having said that, it's a short season, don't be a Grinch.

PS....who in the hell likes HOA's? glad he shut them down

The only reason most people get upset about a highly decorated house in the neighborhood is that it makes their decorations look Grinchy.

My parents used to drive my Gram around at Christmas time to see all the beautifully decorated houses. People haven't put up lights like they used to since electricity became so much more expensive.

Some folks go overboard, but it's just for a month.

Our Walmart, for the first time in many years, had a 20 ft air filled Christmas tree right in front of the store, as well as the poles wrapped like candy canes.

Last edited:
I went to Catholic school and I`ve been a church goer for 65 years so don`t preach to me about religious beliefs if that`s what you`re trying to do. Which religion is it that encourages a person to be obnoxious and draw a lot of traffic into a nice residential neighborhood? Is it in the Bible?

How?

Destroying the peace and tranquility of the neighborhood. I shouldn`t have to explain this to you as though I was talking to a toddler. Is that what I`m doing here?

So, your rights outweigh his?

How?

In this particular case yes they do Can I have a rock band playing in my front yard every night for the next month? How about some hip hoppers?

How?

In this particular case yes they do Can I have a rock band playing in my front yard every night for the next month? How about some hip hoppers?

Apples and oranges ..noise vs lights ..

You just hate Christmas

How?

Can I have a rock band playing in my front yard every night for the next month? How about some hip hoppers?

Why not?

Law against it?

Our Walmart, for the first time in many years, had a 20 ft air filled Christmas tree right in front of the store, as well, as the poles wrapped like candy canes.
I was just going to post that I really don't like those air filled things. A few people around here have (had) the snowman, but if the power isn't on, it lays on the ground like the Wicked Witch after the bucket of water. And when it's breezy, it always seems about to fly away, into the road, in front of your car.
Not even pretty or cute, if you ask me.

How?

What hours are those rockers rocking? What laws has this American broken?

Our Walmart, for the first time in many years, had a 20 ft air filled Christmas tree right in front of the store, as well, as the poles wrapped like candy canes.
I was just going to post that I really don't like those air filled things. A few people around here have (had) the snowman, but if the power isn't on, it lays on the ground like the Wicked Witch after the bucket of water. And when it's breezy, it always seems about to fly away, into the road, in front of your car.
Not even pretty or cute, if you ask me.

I so want to drive around with a pellet gun, and deflate ever single one of them.

So far, I have resisted that urge.

Forum List

Back