FOX News voluntarily leaves the UK

I have a new respect for the people of UK. When are the people of the US going to wise up?

Canada HAS been making life difficult for Fox News. Anywhere in Canada in which you get basic cable, you will get CNN. Its on a fairly low channel in Ontario. Fox News you must pay additional and it's located in the 100s.

Canada and the UK are both centrally runs nations that lack innovation and high tech entrepreneurs. In short, they need American taxpayers to fund their nepotism and Big Government systems. Thus, they view all big spending, left wing media as their friend "as long as they promote lots of new debt for America and push them further to failure". It's about THEIR country, not American taxpayers.

We had a Toronto Sun channel (Sun TV, I think). Which was awful really and it would have been too fringe worthy for me to watch, but, I believe in alternatives, not Groupthink. They started their channel and lobbied to simply receive similar treatment as other Caadian news channels to be included in the basic cable, instead, they were treated like Fox, located in the high few hundreds and extra cost to customers.

They died a quick death just as the Canadian regulators knew they would.

Canada HAS been making life difficult for Fox News. Anywhere in Canada in which you get basic cable, you will get CNN. Its on a fairly low channel in Ontario. Fox News you must pay additional and it's located in the 100s.

Canada and the UK are both centrally runs nations that lack innovation and high tech entrepreneurs. In short, they need American taxpayers to fund their nepotism and Big Government systems. Thus, they view all big spending, left wing media as their friend "as long as they promote lots of new debt for America and push them further to failure". It's about THEIR country, not American taxpayers.

We had a Toronto Sun channel (Sun TV, I think). Which was awful really and it would have been too fringe worthy for me to watch, but, I believe in alternatives, not Groupthink. They started their channel and lobbied to simply receive similar treatment as other Caadian news channels to be included in the basic cable, instead, they were treated like Fox, located in the high few hundreds and extra cost to customers.

They died a quick death just as the Canadian regulators knew they would.
You really know nothing about the UK media. It is predominantly owned by right wingers like Murdoch. Its a fact that blights our political landscape.

People in Europe are far more worldly, and educated, than people in the U.S..

The propaganda at Fox is laughed at and scorned, in the same way thinking people do Fox watchers in this country.
if that is true why do so many want to come here instead of there?....why does this country develop so many things if we are so uneducated?...

if that is true why do so many want to come here instead of there?....why does this country develop so many things if we are so uneducated?...
People want to come to America because our standard of living is so high for even lower income families.

Innovation is going on around the world...often funded and owned by American interests. Mostly because the wages and costs are lower in other countries. But the ideas are often foreign originated...

Currently America is a financial powerhouse...but unless things change that won't continue.
Fat cats don't catch mice. And our 1% class has gotten too fat to move quickly. So there's a sea change coming...just gonna take a bit.

People want to come to America because our standard of living is so high for even lower income families.

Innovation is going on around the world...often funded and owned by American interests. Mostly because the wages and costs are lower in other countries. But the ideas are often foreign originated...

Currently America is a financial powerhouse...but unless things change that won't continue.
Fat cats don't catch mice. And our 1% class has gotten too fat to move quickly. So there's a sea change coming...just gonna take a bit.
thanks for the answer john....o danny wasnt much help.....

When are the people of the US going to wise up?
Maybe when there’s an option that isn’t just as biased in the opporditection.

I think a truly “news only”, “just the facts” tv, radio and online news source would do VERY well in the USA. It’ll never happen.

Fox should give away its programming to viewers free on Roku and other streaming platforms in canada and the uk

Maybe when there’s an option that isn’t just as biased in the opporditection.

I think a truly “news only”, “just the facts” tv, radio and online news source would do VERY well in the USA. It’ll never happen.
You know....I miss the days when the "evening news" was about truth and facts. I can do without the Opinions on the far left or the far right. I think if a new channel only gave the truth and facts, it would be hugely welcome by many. And that criticism goes for Opinion segments on all 24/7 news channels. Walter Cronkite could have been elected President.

That being said, I wonder how many people have died from misinformation spewed on FOX news about the COVID vaccine, the use of masks, and the evils of lock downs. I see the surge of Delta variant in Europe and I expect the US is next. We usually follow the EU by a couple weeks at least. The holidays are gonna bring people inside. We will see....

That being said, I wonder how many people have died from misinformation spewed on FOX news about the COVID vaccine, the use of masks, and the evils of lock downs. I see the surge of Delta variant in Europe and I expect the US is next. We usually follow the EU by a couple weeks at least. The holidays are gonna bring people inside. We will see....

It's worse than that, they have downplayed the Jan. 6th insurrection and continually pushed the Big Lie about electoral fraud in the 2020 Presidential election. They are propagandists who do not just spout their opinion, they spout lies, and these lies undermine our very democracy.

So you want to suspend Freedom of the Press?

No, I want the truth and facts to be the thrust of news stations. Is that really too much to ask? FOX is on a crusade to indoctrinate those who profess to be of the mindless far right. Ironically, their lies and conspiracy theories are killing...."those who profess to be of the mindless right."

Why do you call "truth and facts" a suspension of the free press? FOX thrives from the falsehoods spoken during their Opinion pieces. They have brain washed a lot of low hanging fruit, commonly referred to as MAGA. Unless we stop this continuous stream of lies and misinformation, the US will fall to whatever new charlatan who comes forward.

Forum List

Back