Fox to mock Creationists with show spanning 13 Billion Years of history

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Oops, I meant 14 billion...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNVRnKKMJg]Buckle Up Simulcast | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBTd9--9VMI]Official Trailer | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube[/ame]

Can't wait.

Cosmos was one of the greatest science shows ever.

Hope the reboot lives up.

You know I hadn't thought of that. You think the fundies will abandon FOX for airing this program?

Or will FOX be forced to come out and claim that they were forced to air this program?

Or will FOX news just claim it was all a liberal plant?

But all the regular FOX viewers know the world is only 6 tousand years old. Yep. 6 thousand. That'a it.

What a dilemma.

You know I hadn't thought of that. You think the fundies will abandon FOX for airing this program?

Or will FOX be forced to come out and claim that they were forced to air this program?

But all the regular FOX viewers know the world is only 6 tousand years old. Yep. 6 thousand. That'a it.

What a dilemma.

If you knew that Fox Broadcasting and FOX NEWS CHANNEL are two different entities, you would not make a jackass out of yourself with idiotic and asinine post.

Why would it be wrong for fox news to talk about the universe being 13.8 billion years old?

It wouldn't, only dumbasses like brainsfornuts who started the thread would apparently think so. :cuckoo:

It's kind of sad to see what's allowed to stand in the Politics forum these days.

Last edited:

Buckle Up Simulcast | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube

Official Trailer | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube

Can't wait.

What a dilemma.

No of course not. You people on the left are so wacky, its funny.

Fox News is a secular station. Not a religion station.

Further, even if they were, are you people blind? You realize that the vast majority of religion people already accept evolution, is the method 'god used' to create everything?

This show will not change anything.

Even the people like myself, will not be effected by this either way. Now I personally have never watched Fox News, nor do I even own a TV.

But those like myself, who believe in literal 6-days of creation, why would we care that Fox News, a Secular TV channel, would show a secular based show?

Do you really think we go to the TV to learn about religious doctrine? Do you think we care that you people mock us for our beliefs? Of course not!

Go ahead and mock, and go ahead and let Fox News show whatever they want. None of that effects me and my beliefs in Jesus Christ, my lord and savoir.

So no no no no... silly people. We're not going to stop watching Fox News over some dumb little program. How goofy is that? No, sorry. Not going to happen.

Have a nice day. :eusa_angel:

What a dilemma.

If you knew that Fox Broadcasting and FOX NEWS CHANNEL are two different entities, you would not make a jackass out of yourself with idiotic and asinine post.

You don't know that 21st Century Fox is the parent company of both? Owned by the same man. Really? You that dumb? Of course, you think FOX News is a real news organization. And that the earth is only 6 thousand years old. Right?

Can't wait.

What a dilemma.

Further, even if they were, are you people blind? You realize that the vast majority of religion people already accept evolution, is the method 'god used' to create everything?

Even the people like myself, will not be effected by this either way. Now I personally have never watched Fox News, nor do I even own a TV.

But those like myself, who believe in literal 6-days of creation, why would we care that Fox News, a Secular TV channel, would show a secular based show?

Do you really think we go to the TV to learn about religious doctrine? Do you think we care that you people mock us for our beliefs? Of course not!

Go ahead and mock, and go ahead and let Fox News show whatever they want. None of that effects me and my beliefs in Jesus Christ, my lord and savoir.

So no no no no... silly people. We're not going to stop watching Fox News over some dumb little program. How goofy is that? No, sorry. Not going to happen.

Nah. What is really funny is people like you thinking the earth is only 6 thousand years old.
Good thing you don't have a TV. This guy Dyson is MURDER on creationists. I watched an interview with him by Bill Moyer. He destroys the idea the earth is only 6 thousand years old. And he does it in a not very kind way. You wouldn't like the guy or the program.

Carry on with the voodoo. It is so much easier than understanding science.

I wonder if they would ever consider showing this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhrdtTG0nTw]The Age of the Universe - Professor Gerald L. Schroeder - YouTube[/ame]

You say it's too much for your small liberal minds to absorb?

The hell you say!!

Amusing to watch the six-day crowd twist themselves into knots because of the OP.

World's flat too, not spheroid like you've been duped to believe. We know because when we look to the horizon, it's flat. :)

And it's only ~5700 years old because that's the year on the Hebrew calendar. :) (Amusingly, the guy who came up with the 6,000 year old figure used a Bible to do so.)

Uh-oh...

"Pat Robertson on Creation Debate: ‘Nonsense’ to Think Earth Is Only 6,000 Years Old"
Pat Robertson on Creation Debate: ?Nonsense? to Think Earth Is Only 6,000 Years Old | Mediaite

Can't wait.

What a dilemma.

Nah. What is really funny is people like you thinking the earth is only 6 thousand years old.
Good thing you don't have a TV. This guy Dyson is MURDER on creationists. I watched an interview with him by Bill Moyer. He destroys the idea the earth is only 6 thousand years old. And he does it in a not very kind way. You wouldn't like the guy or the program.

Carry on with the voodoo. It is so much easier than understanding science.

Thanks! :D

How does showing a secular show mock Creationists?

Do you seriously think that simply because someone expresses ideas different than your own that they are mocking you?

No wonder you're so miserable. You think the entire world is against you.

Let's just say when the bible was written humans didn't have a clue. ;)

Instead, let's just say that people who don't know Church history or much about the history of biblical hermeneutics don't have a clue. The notion that the universe is only 6- to 10-thousand years old is a relatively recent notion in the history of hermeneutics. The Apostolic Fathers and the Church Fathers knew better. The Bible doesn't tell us anything about the age of the universe.

Prufrock's Lair: Elementary, My Dear Watson: A Rebuttal of Ken Ham's "Days of Decline in the Church"

Related: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m846oKiYQCY]Frank Turek Teaches an Atheist a Lesson - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back