Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Well then. That's it. You haven't heard of it.....so it doesn't exist. Got it.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

Sorry LL, didn't see this post before. Of course I have no reason to doubt you, but the question isn't whether you've heard of it or I haven't, but whether it's "widely known" in the general public per the definition. And from all indications, it isn't. If it were, there wouldn't be this many people expressing bewilderment at it.

I am willing to admit that not as many people know of this stereotype as I would have thought. Are you willing to admit that more people than you would have thought do know about it?

What I think is you are making a big deal out of nothing. Logically, if you think about it, it doesn't make the least bit of sense for this guy to say a racial slur to his colleage on national television. Logically, if you think about it reasonably, which you aren't doing because you want to make this a big issue of racism. Like most of the general public at large, this guy probably had no idea that Kool-Aid was linked to the black culture in any way. That's the logical conclusion.

I think it is really a bad thing to try to make something racial when it isn't. It demeans real racial issues. It's like women claiming rape or abuse when there isn't any: it demeans those who have righteous cause to claim rape or abuse. You are not doing blacks or those who oppose racism any favors with a thread like this.

:clap2:
Nailed it like a two by four. Can't say it any better than that.

Really the only reason the guy's comment stands out is that it's a bizarre non sequitur completely out of left field. If it "reminds him of summer" he's got some strange summers. Looks like he was just desperately looking for something to say almost as if he gets paid more if he speaks, like an actor, and that's all he could come up with.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

Sorry LL, didn't see this post before. Of course I have no reason to doubt you, but the question isn't whether you've heard of it or I haven't, but whether it's "widely known" in the general public per the definition. And from all indications, it isn't. If it were, there wouldn't be this many people expressing bewilderment at it.

I am willing to admit that not as many people know of this stereotype as I would have thought. Are you willing to admit that more people than you would have thought do know about it?

What I think is you are making a big deal out of nothing. Logically, if you think about it, it doesn't make the least bit of sense for this guy to say a racial slur to his colleage on national television. Logically, if you think about it reasonably, which you aren't doing because you want to make this a big issue of racism. Like most of the general public at large, this guy probably had no idea that Kool-Aid was linked to the black culture in any way. That's the logical conclusion.

I think it is really a bad thing to try to make something racial when it isn't. It demeans real racial issues. It's like women claiming rape or abuse when there isn't any: it demeans those who have righteous cause to claim rape or abuse. You are not doing blacks or those who oppose racism any favors with a thread like this.

Really the only reason the guy's comment stands out is that it's a bizarre non sequitur completely out of left field. If it "reminds him of summer" he's got some strange summers. Looks like he was just desperately looking for something to say almost as if he gets paid more if he speaks, like an actor, and that's all he could come up with.
Lol, few things are as amusing as leftwing wack-jobs doing a circle jerk.

Brian Kilmeade wasn't trying to be racist - he's just too dumb to know any better. However, even Goofy Doocy was flabbergasted as he tried to process Brian's question. Innocent - but funny. Harris Faulker certainly got the drift.

fox_ff_koolaid_151125a-2-800x430.jpg

Brian Kilmeade wasn't trying to be racist - he's just too dumb to know any better. However, even Goofy Doocy was flabbergasted as he tried to process Brian's question. Innocent - but funny. Harris Faulker certainly got the drift.
Too dumb to know what? No one has established any proof that drinking Kool Aid is either racist or exclusively associated with the black community.

This is just more libtard race card bullshit.

Too dumb to know what? No one has established any proof that drinking Kool Aid is either racist or exclusively associated with the black community.

Duh, it's all in the context, sparky.

If reading is fun-duh-mental...... ignorance is bliss.

:dig:

You should know, jack ass.

Some more libtard bullshit just like yours, ass wipe.

Duh, it's all in the context, sparky.

No, it isnt. Either make your points or shut the fuck up, twit.

You should know, jack ass.

Some more libtard bullshit just like yours, ass wipe.

epic_facepalm_by_katalunaeternity-d6l7fpo.png

Read much?

:dig: :dig:

56574f5a2100004a005abb71.png

Harris Faulkner appeared shocked by the seemingly racially-loaded question.

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, do I do what?" she asked.

"Do you make Kool-Aid?" he repeated.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.

Obama_Koolaid_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

polls_obama_kool_aid_3136_347601_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

8639723b15aa8b369298cabd3749dd76.jpg

tumblr_nmex4u8lIB1uspsfjo1_1280.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
That was funny as hell! Obviously this guy had to be ignorant of tie in between Black people and Koolaide. What flavor Koolaide did I like? Red!!

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.

hqdefault.jpg
That was funny as hell! Obviously this guy had to be ignorant of tie in between Black people and Koolaide. What flavor Koolaide did I like? Red!!

Do you snort it straight from the can?

H/T Media Matters

hqdefault.jpg

Do you snort it straight from the can?
Its a drink mix like Tang. I know you didnt snort Tang did you?

H/T Media Matters

Sorry, but if you have never heard of Kool-Aid being linked to blacks, then you would not realize it was a racially loaded question. I think the guy just thought of Kool-Aid as a summer time family drink, something the kids like.

This is an example of crying 'wolf.' When something like this happens, something innocent, and you make it out to be a big deal, a big racial issue, then you demean real racist issues. Very bad thing to do.

HAR HAR HAR

I'll bet money that out of all the recipe shows they've ever done not ONE person was asked about Kool Aid. Tis cute when you act like its other peoples fault for Kilmeades buffoonery

H/T Media Matters

Sorry, but if you have never heard of Kool-Aid being linked to blacks, then you would not realize it was a racially loaded question. I think the guy just thought of Kool-Aid as a summer time family drink, something the kids like.

This is an example of crying 'wolf.' When something like this happens, something innocent, and you make it out to be a big deal, a big racial issue, then you demean real racist issues. Very bad thing to do.

HAR HAR HAR

I'll bet money that out of all the recipe shows they've ever done not ONE person was asked about Kool Aid. Tis cute when you act like its other peoples fault for Kilmeades buffoonery

Probably not -- I thought Kool Aid died in the '60s. I vaguely remember it but nobody liked it and we all moved on.
Maybe it's a regional thing. :dunno:

Now, Tang, I've heard associated with astronauts.

That said, I've done a poll of my circles and apparently there /is/ a racial connotation to koolaid. Learn something new every day.

Tang

Ingredients: Sugar, Fructose, Citric Acid, Calcium Phosphate, Contains Less than 2% of Orange Juice Solids, Natural Flavor, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Beta Carotene, Maltodextrin, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, and Neotame (Sweeteners) Guar and Xanthan Gums (Provide Body) Artificial Color, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, BHA (to Help Protect Flavor).

Kool Aid

Ingredients: Sugar, Fructose, Citric Acid (Provides Tartness), Calcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Red 40, Artificial Flavor, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Titanium Dioxide (For Color), Natural Flavor, Blue 1, BHA (Preserves Freshness)

Forum List

Back