"Free" College for EVERYONE!

Our taxes pay for a lot of stuff. It needs to cover higher education AND universal healthcare.

Other countries do it. We are the wealthiest nation on earth, if they can afford it....we can

So that higher education can match the "quality" of K-12."

Hundreds of millions of Americans have attended public schools and we are the wealthiest nation on earth.

We need to expand it to College
They're cranking out mush-headed commie drones right now. No.

An educated population benefits the country as a whole

A society without SJW's with BA's in transitional gender studies is doomed to failure - comrade.
FREE! FREE! It's all FREE! :spinner:

K-12 is free

Kewl

When do I get the rebate check to the thousands in taxes I paid for it?

Our taxes pay for a lot of stuff. It needs to cover higher education AND universal healthcare.

Other countries do it. We are the wealthiest nation on earth, if they can afford it....we can
If it's such a good idea, it should be no problem to pass some constitutional amendments, right?

Article 1, Section 1
Using your logic, congress can pass a law that all people over 25 must be executed by firing squad.
You retarded statist.
Congress has very limited powers. Amendments are supposed to pass if they want to exceed those.
Grow up, you little cuck.

Does this mean someone like me can go to college for free?

I'm 58 years old but, unless this plan is discriminatory, age shouldn't be an issue, correct?

I watched a video a little while ago where Joe Biden was gleefully boasting to someone or other that if he is elected President, he will guarantee "free college for EVERYONE!"

Well, Constitutional issues aside and funding issues aside, is this necessary, and is it even a good idea?

When you first hear it, a picture comes to mind. The picture is of a studious person - probably Black girl - who is an excellent student, but comes from a "poor" home and therefore cannot pursue a college education.

My question is, Do such people actually exist? Can you picture an "excellent" Black female student who is not eligible for, or offered spontaneously, some sort of scholarship or grant, or be eligible for a subsidized loan, to pay for a college education? Alternatively, could that unfortunate person not simply get a full-time job and pursue a college education at night (like I did)? Or join the military service, get skills training in the Army, and save money for college when she is 21 (like I did), rather than 18? Or find an employer (probably a government agency) that is willing to assist with tuition while she works during the day?

Is anyone who is truly "college material" literally unable to go to college in this country? They may exist, but they are unusual cases.

But there is a problem in "higher education" in this country that few are willing to address or even admit that it exists. We have far too many people in college that have no legitimate justification for even being there. They lack the grades, test scores, and/or intelligence to do real college-level coursework, so they take a flurry of "remedial" courses at first, then if they don't fail out in that first year, they start taking bullshit courses in pursuit of a bullshit major and ultimately a bullshit degree, with a hundred thousand dollar invoice shortly to follow. Then they wonder why no employer is willing to pay them a six-figure salary with that shiny new sheepskin.

But of course, Joe Biden will work to have that loan forgiven, so it's not really problem, is it?

Are Democrats too stupid to see the inevitable results of their proposed initiatives, or are they so blindly seeking power that they just don't care?

It is a puzzle.
I think education is key to driving people out of poverty and reducing violence. I don’t think Biden is talking about all colleges, probably some kind of community college program to give poor people a pathway to a degree and higher education after high school. I think it’s a fine area to invest in

So that higher education can match the "quality" of K-12."

I don’t know about you but I coach golf for my local high school and see first hand that they have an excellent program to educate our children. The model is out there

I watched a video a little while ago where Joe Biden was gleefully boasting to someone or other that if he is elected President, he will guarantee "free college for EVERYONE!"

Well, Constitutional issues aside and funding issues aside, is this necessary, and is it even a good idea?

When you first hear it, a picture comes to mind. The picture is of a studious person - probably Black girl - who is an excellent student, but comes from a "poor" home and therefore cannot pursue a college education.

My question is, Do such people actually exist? Can you picture an "excellent" Black female student who is not eligible for, or offered spontaneously, some sort of scholarship or grant, or be eligible for a subsidized loan, to pay for a college education? Alternatively, could that unfortunate person not simply get a full-time job and pursue a college education at night (like I did)? Or join the military service, get skills training in the Army, and save money for college when she is 21 (like I did), rather than 18? Or find an employer (probably a government agency) that is willing to assist with tuition while she works during the day?

Is anyone who is truly "college material" literally unable to go to college in this country? They may exist, but they are unusual cases.

But there is a problem in "higher education" in this country that few are willing to address or even admit that it exists. We have far too many people in college that have no legitimate justification for even being there. They lack the grades, test scores, and/or intelligence to do real college-level coursework, so they take a flurry of "remedial" courses at first, then if they don't fail out in that first year, they start taking bullshit courses in pursuit of a bullshit major and ultimately a bullshit degree, with a hundred thousand dollar invoice shortly to follow. Then they wonder why no employer is willing to pay them a six-figure salary with that shiny new sheepskin.

But of course, Joe Biden will work to have that loan forgiven, so it's not really problem, is it?

Are Democrats too stupid to see the inevitable results of their proposed initiatives, or are they so blindly seeking power that they just don't care?

It is a puzzle.
With all the money we spend on bombs... we probably could make college free.

It is a puzzle.
I think education is key to driving people out of poverty and reducing violence. I don’t think Biden is talking about all colleges, probably some kind of community college program to give poor people a pathway to a degree and higher education after high school. I think it’s a fine area to invest in

Having an educated workforce is the key to competing in a global economy.

Republicans demand a low paid workforce to satisfy their wealthy contributors

It is a puzzle.
There's an old saying that says that you get what you pay for. It's true from what I've seen and furthermore you don't value anything that you supposedly got for free. Evidenced by the idiots today so willing to give away the freedom and liberty that someone else paid the price for.

It is a puzzle.
With all the money we spend on bombs... we probably could make college free.

It comes down to priorities for the US. We choose to provide military protection for the world. Other industrialized nations prioritize healthcare, education and modern infrastructure

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

K-12 is free

My property tax bill disagrees.
And I pay for a platinum plated military. My taxes bail out failed banks.

What's your point? Would you rather live in an uneducated society?

And I pay for a platinum plated military.

Who claimed the military was free?

My taxes bail out failed banks.

When?

What's your point? Would you rather live in an uneducated society?

My property taxes in Chicago pay to graduate (maybe 50%) uneducated students.
The ones that fail to graduate are also, mostly, uneducated.

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

You never received a property tax bill?

My taxes pay for many things. Some I support, some I do not.
I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

It is a puzzle.
There's an old saying that says that you get what you pay for. It's true from what I've seen and furthermore you don't value anything that you supposedly got for free. Evidenced by the idiots today so willing to give away the freedom and liberty that someone else paid the price for.
You get less than you pay for when government gets a hand in the cookie jar.

Free higher education
Free Universal Healthcare
Invest Trillions in a modern infrastructure

Pay for it by:

Returning tax rates to Pre-Reagan rates
Scale down Military support to Europe and Asia.
Use money spent by employers and employees on health insurance on universal healthcare

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

You never received a property tax bill?

My taxes pay for many things. Some I support, some I do not.
I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

My taxes pay for many things.

Yup.

I would rather pay for education,

It won't be free? Biden was lying......again?

Forum List

Back