Free Country News: Feds raid Texas secessionist meeting

"The pretext of the raid was that two individuals from the group had reportedly sent out “simulated court documents” — summonses for a judge and a banker to appear before the Republic of Texas to discuss the matter of a foreclosure.

These “simulated documents” were rejected and the authorities decided to react with a “show of force” — twenty officers and an extremely broad search warrant."

Ah, do be careful when attempting to overthrow the government, it tends to overthrow you, off the nearest bridge. And be careful who you associate with, they may be the wrong kinds since fringe movements like this are full of nutters.

If that is the case they had a right to talk to those two. You can't take fingerprints and individual photos unless it is subsequent to arrest, that includes taking their property. Searching their vehicles would require a warrant for each vehicle because they we not in their vehicle at the time of contact. I see major violations of not only state law but of the fourth amendment also.

The police acted properly to find out who was sending out bogus court documents.
How do we know that wasn't made up, like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, or the child molestation accusation at Waco? This was an obvious move to take names of dissenters for future actions to be taken later under martial law.
Do they have to deliver tinfoil to your house using a semi-trailer?

The police acted properly to find out who was sending out bogus court documents.
How do we know that wasn't made up, like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, or the child molestation accusation at Waco? This was an obvious move to take names of dissenters for future actions to be taken later under martial law.

Or imply to monitor and harass them.

"The pretext of the raid was that two individuals from the group had reportedly sent out “simulated court documents” — summonses for a judge and a banker to appear before the Republic of Texas to discuss the matter of a foreclosure.

These “simulated documents” were rejected and the authorities decided to react with a “show of force” — twenty officers and an extremely broad search warrant."

Ah, do be careful when attempting to overthrow the government, it tends to overthrow you, off the nearest bridge. And be careful who you associate with, they may be the wrong kinds since fringe movements like this are full of nutters.
There are dangerous fringe groups out there, this does not appear to be one of them and it does present the image of overkill on the part of Law Enforcement.
Given that I'd like to get more from the side of the raiders and why they determined this style, level of raid was necessary, there could be other unreported aspects here that justifies what Law Enforcement did. :dunno:
By law if someone is not advocating the use of force or violence to overthrow the Federal government, any local, county or state government he/she/they are withing their rights as protected by the First Amendment however if they are participating in other actions that are illegal then it's a whole nother story.
No one was arrested so this has all the appearances of an intimidation tactic which would constitute a violation of their Civil Rights. Personally I believe (I have a law enforcement background) those who ordered and orchestrated the raid have some explaining to do.
The benefit of the doubt, rightly or wrongly, tends to go to law enforcement here. You guys just don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Had this been the Communists you'd be mad because they all weren't still in jail...
You guys??
I simply pointed out how it appears and that I'd like to see more on it and suddenly I'm part of "you guys"............
Generalize much? Why am I asking, of course you do. Oh well. :dunno:
On this site, you bet. It's mostly reactionary morons. Sorry if you got caught in their trap.

There are dangerous fringe groups out there, this does not appear to be one of them and it does present the image of overkill on the part of Law Enforcement.
Given that I'd like to get more from the side of the raiders and why they determined this style, level of raid was necessary, there could be other unreported aspects here that justifies what Law Enforcement did. :dunno:
By law if someone is not advocating the use of force or violence to overthrow the Federal government, any local, county or state government he/she/they are withing their rights as protected by the First Amendment however if they are participating in other actions that are illegal then it's a whole nother story.
No one was arrested so this has all the appearances of an intimidation tactic which would constitute a violation of their Civil Rights. Personally I believe (I have a law enforcement background) those who ordered and orchestrated the raid have some explaining to do.
The benefit of the doubt, rightly or wrongly, tends to go to law enforcement here. You guys just don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Had this been the Communists you'd be mad because they all weren't still in jail...

Nope. I don't have a problem with communists having a meeting. They aren't even accused of committing a crime, so why were they arrested?
No one was arrested. Read the story.

Nope. I don't have a problem with communists having a meeting. They aren't even accused of committing a crime, so why were they arrested?

Then their rights were violated. You can't take fingerprints and individual photos unless it is subsequent to arrest, that includes taking their property. Searching their vehicles would require a warrant for each vehicle because they we not in their vehicle at the time of contact.

Then their rights were violated. You can't take fingerprints and individual photos unless it is subsequent to arrest, that includes taking their property. Searching their vehicles would require a warrant for each vehicle because they we not in their vehicle at the time of contact.
If it wasn't legal then they have grounds to sue, and are welcome to do so. As the old line says, a Conservative is a Liberal who's been mugged, and a Liberal is a Conservative who's been arrested.

If it wasn't legal then they have grounds to sue, and are welcome to do so. As the old line says, a Conservative is a Liberal who's been mugged, and a Liberal is a Conservative who's been arrested.

What's illegal about a bunch of people assembling to discuss their grievances?

You guys??
I simply pointed out how it appears and that I'd like to see more on it and suddenly I'm part of "you guys"............
On this site, you bet. It's mostly reactionary morons. Sorry if you got caught in their trap.
Correction, on this site it's mostly reactionary morons and leftist morons. Sorry you are part of one of those sides.

Last edited:

Grievances? No, they were discussing secession. That will put you on the radar, especially when people advocating for that tend to be fruitloops.

You guys??
Correction, on this site it's mostly reactionary morons and leftist moron. Sorry you are part of one of those sides.
I have no problem standing where I do, since I'm right, and I stand above all of this so be careful making assumptions. I will give you the benefit of the doubt as well. Fair enough?

Grievances? No, they were discussing secession. That will put you on the radar, especially when people advocating for that tend to be fruitloops.

Being "on the radar" is not a crime. Making boot-lickers like you nervous is also not a crime.

Being "on the radar" is not a crime.
Nope, but watch your P's and Q's, they are looking for you to fuck up. That's life.

Basically what some did was create their own "government", issued liens and "arrest warrants". Now whether or not that's actually illegal or not I have no idea. I do know that in most cases they would have been ignored and considered simple nut jobs so I'm not sure why Texas, the County and the FBI took the action they took. I do know that group has a long history including the original members being involved in a shootout with police and going to jail. The current group claims they are not associated with the original group but is that true?

Nope, but watch your P's and Q's, they are looking for you to fuck up. That's life.

ROFL! It's sad that you approve of such police state shenanigans. You're the kind who would have been happy to drop the Xyclon-B into the gas chamber at Auschwitz.

Using force to prevent secession is like an abusive boyfriend who ties up his girlfriend who decides to leave him.

You guys??
Correction, on this site it's mostly reactionary morons and leftist moron. Sorry you are part of one of those sides.
I have no problem standing where I do, since I'm right, and I stand above all of this so be careful making assumptions. I will give you the benefit of the doubt as well. Fair enough?
Not sure if you're right or not, it's a matter of perception or justification, basically I find both extremes to be the problem. If I was a Democrat I'd be considered a Blue Dog, if I were a Republican I'd be considered a RINO.

ROFL! It's sad that you approve of such police state shenanigans. You're the kind who would have been happy to drop the Xyclon-B into the gas chamber at Auschwitz.
More drama in you than all of Castro Street, combined.

Forum List

Back