Freedom Of The Press A Little 'TOO Free'?! Reporting Vs Espionage / Treason

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Maybe 'Espionage' and / or 'Treason' are a little too strong of word choices to describe what happened, but what else would you potentially call it when the media reports - WARNS our 'enemies' - in advance that the US is preparing to strike another nation in a very specific way?

Can you even legally say the press did something wrong due to 'Freedom of the Press'? Where does 'Freedom of the Press' end and aiding and abetting our enemy begin?

In their defense, the media reports what is made public. The fact that some dumbass leaked the US was planning these ops is not the media's fault.

-----------------------------

The Washington Free Beacon just reported:

US Commandos Set to Counter North Korean Nuclear Sites

"U.S. special operations forces are set to conduct operations against North Korean nuclear, missile, and other weapons of mass destruction sites in any future conflict, the commander of Special Operations Command told Congress Tuesday."

THOUGHTS:
1. Army Gen. Raymond A. Thomas, who presumably said this, is an idiot and should be disciplined. Did this guy just graduate from the Barak Obama School of military Tactics where they teach you to tell the enemy what you're going to do in advance?

2. The media should have known better than to report this, but I do not blame them that much - they just reported what the idiot General stated publicly.

3. I find it hard to believe anyone in military leadership is THIS stupid...which leads me to wonder if the story was meant to be publicly released.

If the story is true and just got leaked, a lot of US soldiers' lives were just put in jeopardy.

I think the word you want is Sedition. That is what you have working in the media these days, trying to undermine the nation and influence the minds of readers in order to gain a political end rather than just print the facts. Indeed, if they are not outright running from huge news stories if they work against their cause, they are making them up in order to help it. Fake News.

The way I read it, it just means we're ready if necessary. Did I miss something?

Like the Syrians getting a notification of Trump shooting missiles?
There are certain cases when you want to notify those you are about to strike. IMO, in regards to the Syrian Missile Strike, the US intent was not to kill Russians for Syria using chemical weapons...so the Russians were notified to make sure there would be no Russian casualties and thus no escalation between the US and the Russians.

So what if the Syrians got some of their people out - we nearly flattened an entire Syrian airbase where the chemical weapons came from. MESSAGE DELIVERED. MESSAGE RECEIVED. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

In this case, warning North Korea that we are about to send in SpecOps troops is a little different and is 'counter-productive' to the mission.

Depends on what the reality of it is ... plus the reasons possibly behind it. Disinformation to raise the tension, create enhanced consolidation of assets at those targets for an air rather than ground strike or just plain loose lips - all are possibilities.

Maybe 'Espionage' and / or 'Treason' are a little too strong of word choices to describe what happened, but what else would you potentially call it when the media reports - WARNS our 'enemies' - in advance that the US is preparing to strike another nation in a very specific way?

Can you even legally say the press did something wrong due to 'Freedom of the Press'? Where does 'Freedom of the Press' end and aiding and abetting our enemy begin?

In their defense, the media reports what is made public. The fact that some dumbass leaked the US was planning these ops is not the media's fault.

"U.S. special operations forces are set to conduct operations against North Korean nuclear, missile, and other weapons of mass destruction sites in any future conflict, the commander of Special Operations Command told Congress Tuesday."

THOUGHTS:
1. Army Gen. Raymond A. Thomas, who presumably said this, is an idiot and should be disciplined. Did this guy just graduate from the Barak Obama School of military Tactics where they teach you to tell the enemy what you're going to do in advance?

2. The media should have known better than to report this, but I do not blame them that much - they just reported what the idiot General stated publicly.

3. I find it hard to believe anyone in military leadership is THIS stupid...which leads me to wonder if the story was meant to be publicly released.

If the story is true and just got leaked, a lot of US soldiers' lives were just put in jeopardy.

I wonder if the Trump camp leaked it, or the PUTTIN BOTS...Trump is crying about taking the media to court to shut it down and become a Puttin country...He sure doesn't cry if the fake news helps him.

There was more fake news coming from Russia during the election than anywhere,

THOUGHTS:

And perhaps the government purposefully leaked the story because they knew it was garbage and wanted a desired effect.

There are so many liars it's hard to tell who exactly is lying at any given time.

THOUGHTS:

And perhaps the government purposefully leaked the story because they knew it was garbage and wanted a desired effect.

There are so many liars it's hard to tell who exactly is lying at any given time.
Last week I read that the THAAD system that had arrived in South Korea would be operational by the end of the year. Last night I heard on the tv news that it is up and running now. You have a point. Who knows what is really going on anywhere with the military. All we can be sure of is the soldiers that come home in a box.

The way I read it, it just means we're ready if necessary. Did I miss something?
You don't warn some body that you are going to punch them before you do.
Why not? Sometimes if you do, the punch never has to be delivered. If a general "leaked" the info, IMO it's because they wanted to send NK a message.
If you warn some body they might shoot your dumb ass!
..or they might back off. It's a calculated risk and I don't think it was made by accident.

Why not? Sometimes if you do, the punch never has to be delivered. If a general "leaked" the info, IMO it's because they wanted to send NK a message.
..or they might back off. It's a calculated risk and I don't think it was made by accident.
You are one dumb faggot faggot. If someone threatens to hit me my gun is drawn then. Draw back and you get a free hole.

You are one dumb faggot faggot. If someone threatens to hit me my gun is drawn then. Draw back and you get a free hole.
You don't really get diplomacy, do you? Life isn't a western shoot-em-up. If it were, we would have had WW III by now, shortbus.

If any error is to be made, it must always be on the side of too much freedom. Never the other way around.

To me, there was no indication in the article any of this was leaked. The information seemed way too detailed and extensive. What makes everyone think it was a leak?

THOUGHTS:

Well lets see- this General- if the story is true- was testifying before the GOP lead House

Since when is it 'sedition' to report on Congressional testimony?

Maybe you should talk to the GOP about this since it bothers you so much.

Forum List

Back