French Hospital Opens Wine Bar for Terminally Ill

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Now THAT'S healthcare!

PARIS — A hospital in the French city of Clermont-Ferrand is to open a wine bar where terminally ill patients will be able to enjoy a "medically-supervised" glass or two with their families. "Why should we refuse the charms of the soil to those at the end of their lives? Nothing justifies such a prohibition," the Clermont-Ferrand University Hospital Center said in statement. The center's head, Dr. Virginie Guastella, said terminally ill patients had the right to "enjoy themselves."

French Hospital to Open Wine Bar to Cheer Up Terminally Ill - NBC News

Yep, if you're on the downhill slide you might as well enjoy yourself to the best of your ability. Alcohol is cheaper than opiates too!

OFF TOPIC but similar thinking !! --- I knew a 18 year old guy named Bill , he had just graduated high school -1966 about] . Night of graduation and he got in a wreck , broke his neck with spinal cord severed . He was in the hospital for months and I hung around with his younger brother so I was over at his house a few times . Bill was strapped into a old fashioned wooden backed wheel chair . He had a big bucket of beer with a tube [straw] on his lap on one side and a catheter going to a receptacle at the foot of the chair so he could urinate . No hope so his parents let him drink beer !!

Forum List

Back