FUCK HOME DEPOT lumber for finished outdoor furniture

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
One year old and my 30 year old belt sander has to fix shit.....

20220506_160153.jpg
20220506_162846.jpg

View attachment 641319View attachment 641320
Did you stain it the first time? Pressure treated wood holds up longer than normal wood, but it doesnt last forever. You might try varnishing it, though if its going to be outdoors, id leave the bottom side unvarnished to avoid moisture rot inside. The varnish will really make i shine too, and you wont have splinter issues.

Last edited:
I love my belt sander except having to adjust too much as it moves right and left.

• Banned
OMFG........

GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMNIT....

20220506_164938.jpg

I've waited for nearly 2 weeks to do this because of rain and the only 2 belts I have break....

• Banned
Did you stain it the first time? Pressure treated wood holds up longer than normal wood, but it doesnt last forever. You might try varnishing it, though if its going to be outdoors, id leave the bottom side unvarnished to avoid moisture rot inside.
Not trying to be a dick but FUCK! I know what the fuck I'm doing. I have been in construction for MY ENTIRE LIFE

In order to keep the wood nice my folks would to oil their cedar siding every year. Cedar last and last but to keep that pretty wood look it does have to be oiled every year. Unless you use mortise and tenon joints you probably are going to get some distortion too.

f9e148d1-7559-4329-ac6c-c0185d3af5e5_1.21fba62455b50bae8376f87032e17a1f.jpeg

Lasted me years ..........Primed before putting on the finish paint...........can't remember the dang name of it.........but so far YEARS of being ok.

Not trying to be a dick but FUCK! I know what the fuck I'm doing. I have been in construction for MY ENTIRE LIFE
Oh, sorry about that. I should have researched your life history more before posting here. Also, your 1 year old table isnt working out. Maybe you ought to listen to some other opinions. I assumed that was the purpose of this thread, but apparently i was mistaken. :laugh:

View attachment 641319View attachment 641320

Sorry, but that isn't Home Depots fault.
You have to stain/seal it before winter at the latest.
Exactly like people who put up wood fences and do nothing to it... and then get all upset that it looks like shit and is falling apart in 5 years. Treated lumber will turn dark and gray in one season if not sealed. Also warp and start to splinter.

Sorry I was a dick a few days ago.....i think i had a snoot fool

Being s Dick head is very contangious here

I remember when lumber first shot up...I went to pick a few pieces and all the contractors were walking around like a bomb exploded in their faces saying WTF????

Exactly like people who put up wood fences and do nothing to it... and then get all upset that it looks like shit and is falling apart in 5 years. Treated lumber will turn dark and gray in one season if not sealed. Also warp and start to splinter.
Careful man, your post is going to infuriate him. He's been doing this his whole life. :laugh:

Oh, sorry about that. I should have researched your life history more before posting here. Also, your 1 year old table isnt working out. Maybe you ought to listen to some other opinions. I assumed that was the purpose of this thread, but apparently i was mistaken. :laugh:
No you weren't mistaken, just made the mistake of passing Mr off after I broke the only two belts I had...
So HOW did you break TWO BELTS?????? Potty mouth.

Drunk sanding not working out ..........LOL

Stop pushing down so hard..............LMAO
16518745132926166103352530059597.jpgDesperation!

20220506_165835.jpg

I'm racing good tunes and a years worth of fucking rain in a week.

Not shitting you. almost a foot of rain

Bro wtf.... I'm not a board retard...... I did that! FUCK HOME DEPOT LUMBER

Forum List

Back