🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fuck these new TV's

I'm annoyed that the 3D TV thing turned out to be a passing fad. Last time my wife and I bought a new TV, our first and so far only non-CRT-based TV, a big deal was being made of 3D. I thought it was neat, so we got a 3D TV and a 3D Blu-ray player, and most of the better movies, I've held out for versions on 3D Blu-ray if available.

With some movies, it truly does significantly enhance the experience of watching them.

Hopefully, our current TV will last a long time, but it chagrins me to know that when/if it finally fails, I will surely not be able to obtain a suitable replacement for it.

• Banned
I'm annoyed that the 3D TV thing turned out to be a passing fad. Last time my wife and I bought a new TV, our first and so far only non-CRT-based TV, a big deal was being made of 3D. I thought it was neat, so we got a 3D TV and a 3D Blu-ray player, and most of the better movies, I've held out for versions on 3D Blu-ray if available.

With some movies, it truly does significantly enhance the experience of watching them.

Hopefully, our current TV will last a long time, but it chagrins me to know that when/if it finally fails, I will surely not be able to obtain a suitable replacement for it.
Make your next TV an oled or nanocell.

Incredible picture

I'm annoyed that the 3D TV thing turned out to be a passing fad. Last time my wife and I bought a new TV, our first and so far only non-CRT-based TV, a big deal was being made of 3D. I thought it was neat, so we got a 3D TV and a 3D Blu-ray player, and most of the better movies, I've held out for versions on 3D Blu-ray if available. With some movies, it truly does significantly enhance the experience of watching them. Hopefully, our current TV will last a long time, but it chagrins me to know that when/if it finally fails, I will surely not be able to obtain a suitable replacement for it.

God Bob, you like that stuff? I went to see a movie years ago that was in 3D and I hated it. It actually made me so sick I was tempted to leave the theater. I finally took off the glasses and watched it the rest of the way blurred.

3D died because there simply is no consumer demand for it. It's not real, it uses psycho-visual tricks to make the brain think it is seeing depth which is not really there!

Make your next TV an oled or nanocell.

I guess I'm not much of a fan of LG for TV sets. Hitachi, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer and Mitsubishi are my preferred brands.

My TV is going on 14 years old and going strong. Great image and color. Uses a Texas Instruments technology that does not involve plasma or any LEDs. I'm not much concerned about energy efficiency, thin design (I hate wall-hung TVs), gaming, or viewing from 178° to the side. And the color palette is already more than the brain can take in. About the only areas where these new technologies might improve is contrast with lit areas on a black background, but honestly, while not perfect, I've rarely complained! Honestly, about the only area where I find fault with my 60" home theater TV is when watching fast action sports where a faster 120Hz refresh rate would improve the quality of fast moving images over my current one.

But the LAST thing I need is a "smart" TV! Connecting the internet to anything more than my computer is just further invitation to Big Brother spying on me.

I guess I'm not much of a fan of LG for TV sets. Hitachi, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer and Mitsubishi are my preferred brands.

My TV is going on 14 years old and going strong. Great image and color. Uses a Texas Instruments technology that does not involve plasma or any LEDs. I'm not much concerned about energy efficiency, thin design (I hate wall-hung TVs), gaming, or viewing from 178° to the side. And the color palette is already more than the brain can take in. About the only areas where these new technologies might improve is contrast with lit areas on a black background, but honestly, while not perfect, I've rarely complained! Honestly, about the only area where I find fault with my 60" home theater TV is when watching fast action sports where a faster 120Hz refresh rate would improve the quality of fast moving images over my current one.

But the LAST thing I need is a "smart" TV! Connecting the internet to anything more than my computer is just further invitation to Big Brother spying on me.
How are you a "fan" of anything with a set that old. That technology is how many generations old???

No it's not lol. It's a virtual mouse.
Not sure why you need a mouse to watch TV but it sounds like something I'll be avoiding if I ever need to buy another TV. My big TV works if I point the mouse 90° away from it and my bedroom remote even works under the bed-sheets! And Echostar uses a remote technology based on radio waves instead of light so that it can even communicate through walls.

I watched some of your video and there is WAY too much useless consumer crap for my tastes!

Not sure why you need a mouse to watch TV but it sounds like something I'll be avoiding if I ever need to buy another TV. My big TV works if I point the mouse 90° away from it and my bedroom remote even works under the bed-sheets! And Echostar uses a remote technology based on radio waves instead of light so that it can even communicate through walls.

I watched some of your video and there is WAY too much useless consumer crap for my tastes!
What videos?

I have posed pics of my system and typically "videos" of badass rockers

How are you a "fan" of anything with a set that old. That technology is how many generations old???
Bought my set in 2009. When something works that well and ain't broke, why replace it? I'm a videophile and after great picture quality, not bells and whistles and gimmicks.

BTW, most of my stereo, whatever parts it were ever sold as is in stores and not custom made is from the 1970s. I've listened to store-bought stereos in the $200,000 range that can't touch it.

I also still play phonograph records using a non-RIAA phono preamp technology I created. Kicks the ass of any CD you ever heard.

The phonograph is based on 1877 technology. The shit works.

Just remember, I'm not the one bitching about my purchases, YOU are. :SMILEW~130:

I guess then I shouldn't tell you my computer is from 2011, almost as old! And I paid about $8,000 for it!

I bought it because it was professional quality, build to last, well engineered and infinitely upgradable. Bet it can walk all over your computer. Takes four Hitachi HDDs to run it and about a $1500 controller card. There isn't a single wire inside.

mac.JPG

Forum List

Back