FYI - Massive Data Breach!!

I am guessing it includes citizens of other nations, although the article doesn't say that. But if so that's over a third of the Earth's population.
yes, Canada(NA), U.S. , Central America, South America="America" Population 2.9billion sounds about right as we are past 8 Billion now.

As I replied to one other, living and dead......... The annual death rate in the US is 3.47 million, that adds up quickly especially if we go back to when we started keeping these records.
Yeah but there’s still been nowhere near 2.9 billion Americans, even if every dead
American ever is added to current population

The author being an idiot is obvious

Here is the message from USDoD on the hacker forum:

“Hello BF community, federal agencies, and all friends around the globe, this is it, this is my way to say goodbye. I know I already showed a lot, and I’m done with it.

I don’t expect anything more from the scene, from the community. It is my time to go into the shadows and think about myself, my family, and my life.

I would not come back; this is the end. This is me giving all good luck to the BF community and staff, for all the people that I ever contacted since 2019. I wanted to say that I liked being there, even when I started with zero reputation, with a lot of people saying a lot of bullshit. But even the worst shit I ever heard, they made me get into this, and they made me not give up or simply rise and keep at the top for years.

I’m not a group, I’m not a gang, I’m an only one-man army. I started with this, and I will finish it. This is the end.”

~S~

Yeah but there’s still been nowhere near 2.9 billion Americans, even if every dead

If you're read through the thread you'd see that has already been addressed.......... It's the number of records, the media screwed up as usual.

It is reported that 2.9 billion American's personal data has been stolen. This includes everything including our social security numbers, every address we've live at, phone numbers, EVERYTHING!! The data was taken from National Public Data which sells this data to the government, police, employers, et (typically for background checks) and the data was not encrypted.

2.9 Billion People May Have Been Compromised in National Public Data Breach. Here’s What You Need to Know
/----/ "It is reported that 2.9 billion American's personal data has been stolen"
Impressive for a country with only 330 million people.

Something not quite right with this story.

• The current population of the United States of America is 345,648,900 as of Wednesday, August 14, 2024, based on Worldometer's elaboration of the latest United Nations data1.

It is 2.9 billion bits of data. You name is one, your address is another, your SSN is another.,

It's the initial reporting so who knows. The main point isn't the numbers but what was stolen, every piece of our information, every single item from birth though death........... That is the message to focus on, at least that is what I'm focusing on. Ya want to focus on numbers then be my guest.
I'm kinda under the radar. I don't think they have much on me. :04:

It is 2.9 billion bits of data. You name is one, your address is another, your SSN is another.,
/—-—/ Then someone, please rewrite the claim: It is reported that 2.9 billion Americans' personal data has been stolen. This is very misleading, and fix the apostrophe. American's is singularly possessive. Americans' is plural possessive, meaning many Americans.

• The singular form possessive gets an apostrophe and an “s,” and the plural possessive (including proper nouns) just gets an apostrophe: Horse’s Horses’ Puppy’s Puppies’ House’ Houses’ The Smiths (as in both spouses)

In a database each bit of data is a different record.

You name is one, or it could be two if they have separate cells for first and last name.

Then your address could be 3 or 4, street number, city, state, Zip.

The only plus to a breach this size is the odds of your data being chosen for nefarious use are pretty slim.

I have had my data stolen from OPM twice, ATT once and at least two other times I cannot even remember the details of.

Forum List

Back