Gabby Giffords Lobbies Senate To Tighten Gun Restrictions On Accused Domestic Abusers

yeah, you want to throw out the rule of law in this country because you're a far left wing fascist.

not really. I want sensible solutions to these problems. So when you wont agree to basic solutions then go for the extreme.

yeah, you want to throw out the rule of law in this country because you're a far left wing fascist.

not really. I want sensible solutions to these problems. So when you wont agree to basic solutions then go for the extreme.

? how is accepting that our current laws work going for the extreme? you are the one who wants to go to the extreme by taking away our rights before we have had our day in court. we are presumed innocent, but you want to give up our rights just based on an accusation.

you are very fearful and unreasonable person. i'm glad you're in the minority.

Giffords was shot by a lunatic who had no business possessing a firearm but she is concerned about "domestic abuse"? Does anybody smell a political rat and a left wing crusade?

"Alleged" and "Accused" are the operatives words here. Apparently Senate Democrats hold a great deal of disdain for our justice system as we are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I can go make an accusation against anyone for anything; that doesn't make it true and we shouldn't be punishing people based on mere accusations. This is just one more attack by the anti-gun crowd to try and dismember our Constitutional rights, all while continuing to lie about how that isn't their goal.

The senators said they will take the lead on legislation that would prohibit accused domestic abusers with temporary protective orders issued against them from possessing or purchasing a gun. Current federal gun restrictions only apply to people with permanent protective orders issued against them -- but Blumenthal said that gives alleged abusers a several-day window in which to retain their guns and potentially harm their partner or spouse.

Gabby Giffords Lobbies Senate To Tighten Gun Restrictions On Accused Domestic Abusers

Just what is the difference between a restraining order and a "temporary protective order"?

Basically, its an unarmed restraining order.

I can't think of a thing that's wrong with that.

If he's found innocent, give him back his gun.

But she should still move to a different state.

? how is accepting that our current laws work going for the extreme? you are the one who wants to go to the extreme by taking away our rights before we have had our day in court. we are presumed innocent, but you want to give up our rights just based on an accusation.

So then you are against background checks at gun shows? Beefing up the DEA so it doesnt take 18 years to do inventory of a gun shop? Investing more in mental illness so those people dont get a hold of guns?

I dont care what gun you want to own, just pass the right test.

So then you are against background checks at gun shows? Beefing up the DEA so it doesnt take 18 years to do inventory of a gun shop? Investing more in mental illness so those people dont get a hold of guns?

Yes, background checks at gun shows will not prevent criminals from getting guns.
DEA does not regulate gun shops. ATF does. And owners do a fine enough job regulating their own inventory.
We have enough mental illness in this country, especially if posts by leftists here is any indication. Why do we want to invest in more of it?
There are no tests that would have stopped the last 10 mass shootings. None. By definition you cannot impose laws on law breakers to prevent behavior. You can only stop law abiding citizens. Which is the Left's agenda.

that has nothing to do with the thread topic of taking away your gun based on allegation. stay focused.

Forum List

Back