Gay groups challenge HIV criminalization laws

And that's bullshit...they (gays and anyone who is knowingly infected) may as well be allowed to wield a butcher knife and stab another without consequence.

You have just become an anti gay homophobic bigot.

Congratulations.

Not at all.

That's a highly partisan and incorrect conclusion to draw from what she said.

She wielded a metaphor or analogy with considerable skill.

An HIV virus can kill you just like a butcher knife... it's just that the HIV virus takes longer.

She spoke truth - not hatred - and I didn't see one iota of 'phobia' nor 'bigotry' in what she wrote in that single sentence.

As a matter of fact, she referenced gays or anyone else who is infected - she was actually broadening the range of disease-carriers to take a bit of heat OFF the gays in this instance.

But you appear to have an 'agenda' on this topic that puts you into 'attack dog' mode a bit more quickly than I would have thought reasonable.

But that's just me - I like to rumble - and I could be wrong, so you can't go by me, either, I suppose. :)

Oops. I am trying to multitask this morning...I still stand that if a person is fully aware, and does not tell that he/she is HIV+ and knowingly infects another should be prosecuted to the fullest extent, and the public made aware of WHO he/she is by name and address...and should be made to register as a sex offender.

They are prosecuted for attempted murder, or murder if the person they infected dies. That's the law they want to repeal.

But I think that is a good law. If you have sex with someone knowing you are HIV positive and didn't tell them, you should be charged with murder when they die.

Wow, a thread like this realy brings out all the homophobes trying to rationalize their hate.

The first question I have is, did anyone ever get charged or convicted of spreading AIDS after these laws were passed?

I'm guessing not many.

Forum List

Back