Gays have it made! Places in the world where it's actually not okay to be gay

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Given all the hullabaloo over gay rights in America, one should assume that America is the worst place in the world to be gay, right? Wrong. There are places in this world that will kill you, or imprison you for inordinate amounts of time for being gay. So why, homosexuals/liberals do you act as if America is the worst place for a gay person to be? They have it made here in America. You fight for rights, homosexuals around the world are fighting for their lives.

f1c760b8fb3c36d26f49dfb7c78d02bf.png

Surprising isn't it?

Next time a Christian bitches about some perceived persecution I'll just point out to them all the places in the world where it's not okay to be Christian. Bake that gay cake. At least you aren't being beheaded. :cool:

All I have to say is the new blood woman of America this day must be pretty skanky for a dude to choose homosexuality. If its the dirt road they like, more and more women today are participating in that type of sex, so why they choose a 'dude' is perplexing

-Geaux

Next time a Christian bitches about some perceived persecution I'll just point out to them all the places in the world where it's not okay to be Christian. Bake that gay cake. At least you aren't being beheaded. :cool:

And make sure you put the cock on the cake the way they want it. ;)

And make sure the stripper gets in the cake AFTER it's been baked.

Given all the hullabaloo over gay rights in America, one should assume that America is the worst place in the world to be gay, right? Wrong. There are places in this world that will kill you, or imprison you for inordinate amounts of time for being gay. So why, homosexuals/liberals do you act as if America is the worst place for a gay person to be? They have it made here in America. You fight for rights, homosexuals around the world are fighting for their lives.

Surprising isn't it?

I have never heard anyone say the US is the worst place to be gay. This thread is useless.

Aaron. That is a deflection, and a dodge.

Gays and liberals like you don't seem to notice that America isn't the obstacle to being gay, it never has been. You claim that homosexuals are being repressed in America, but they come nowhere close to being such.

I won't bake that gay cake, not if I have to put my religious rights into the mixing bowl. No sir.

All I have to say is the new blood woman of America this day must be pretty skanky for a dude to choose homosexuality. If its the dirt road they like, more and more women today are participating in that type of sex, so why they choose a 'dude' is perplexing

-Geaux

If it were a choice, you might have a point. As it is...........nope.

Learn. It will lead you to better things.

And? Do you not acknowledge your folly?

Liberals like you claim America is homophobic, yet the only thing they can't do is marry. Nobody is trying to stop them from being gay here. Elsewhere in the world is a different story. You lash out at Christians for being bigots and homophobes, but ignore the extremist Muslims in the middle east and Africa who are murdering and beheading them. Don't play coy with me.

I'm calling you out for being rank hypocrites on gay marriage.

Last edited:

Surprising isn't it?

It is ONLY because of liberals and moderate Americans that America is not the worst place for a gay person to be.

The question YOU should ask yourself and people of your ilk:

WHY are all my beliefs identical to terrorist cultures and communist countries?

THE TALIBAN WING OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.... From time to time in recent years, liberals have identified the "Taliban wing" of the Republican Party -- those conservatives who reject church-state separation, taking marching orders from James Dobson, and wonder why the government doesn't do more to promote and endorse their vision of Christianity.

The phrase is generally considered offensive by most Republicans, and it's easy to understand why. Indeed, no U.S. political contingent wants to be compared to the Taliban.

It came as something of a surprise, then, to see a leading House Republican make the comparison unprompted.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

The Washington Monthly

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. The famous classical game theoretic model, the Hawk-Dove contest, shows that the evolutionarily stable population in that model is not all hawks or all doves, but rather a certain degree of each; in that model, 58% "doves" and 42% "hawks". It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.

And? Do you not acknowledge your folly?

Liberals like you claim America is homophobic, yet the only thing they can't do is marry. Nobody is trying to stop them from being gay here. Elsewhere in the world is a different story. You lash out at Christians for being bigots and homophobe, but ignore the extremist muslims in the middle east and Africa for murdering them. Don't play coy with me.

I'm calling you out for being rank hypocrites on gay marriage.

Again no one is saying gays have less rights here. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that repubs push laws to discriminate against gays such as what was vetoed in AZ. Obviously that is a problem even if it isn't the worst.

-Geaux

If it were a choice, you might have a point. As it is...........nope.

Learn. It will lead you to better things.

Oh, not... So, someone screwed up in the hospital and mixed up the pink and blue stocking caps? Or, are homo's the result of liberal parents refusing to let the nurses put the stocking caps on their kids? let them determine their sexuality? :bsflag:

-Geaux

Surprising isn't it?

It is ONLY because of liberals and moderate Americans that America is not the worst place for a gay person to be.

THE TALIBAN WING OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.... From time to time in recent years, liberals have identified the "Taliban wing" of the Republican Party -- those conservatives who reject church-state separation, taking marching orders from James Dobson, and wonder why the government doesn't do more to promote and endorse their vision of Christianity.

The phrase is generally considered offensive by most Republicans, and it's easy to understand why. Indeed, no U.S. political contingent wants to be compared to the Taliban.

It came as something of a surprise, then, to see a leading House Republican make the comparison unprompted.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

The Washington Monthly

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. The famous classical game theoretic model, the Hawk-Dove contest, shows that the evolutionarily stable population in that model is not all hawks or all doves, but rather a certain degree of each; in that model, 58% "doves" and 42% "hawks". It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.

Straw man

-Geaux

Surprising isn't it?

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

zoyqE.jpg

The Washington Monthly

October 16, 2001

Straw man

-Geaux

What was that Putin?

Surprising isn't it?

I have never heard anyone say the US is the worst place to be gay. This thread is useless.

You don't get out much do you?

Alabama: the worst place to be gay in Bush's America?

They even went as far as blaming Bush for it.

Surprising isn't it?

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

zoyqE.jpg

The Washington Monthly

October 16, 2001

So is this an acknowledgement that my assertion is correct? Your argument is a strawman, ignoratio elenchi. Nothing but a rant with no real point or purpose. Then again, why are you quoting 5 year old articles?

Surprising isn't it?

You don't get out much do you?

Alabama: the worst place to be gay in Bush's America?

They even went as far as blaming Bush for it.

This article is saying Alabama is the worst place to be gay in America...

Forum List

Back