Gays have it made! Places in the world where it's actually not okay to be gay

Given all the hullabaloo over gay rights in America, one should assume that America is the worst place in the world to be gay, right? Wrong. There are places in this world that will kill you, or imprison you for inordinate amounts of time for being gay. So why, homosexuals/liberals do you act as if America is the worst place for a gay person to be? They have it made here in America. You fight for rights, homosexuals around the world are fighting for their lives.

f1c760b8fb3c36d26f49dfb7c78d02bf.png

Surprising isn't it?

It is ONLY because of liberals and moderate Americans that America is not the worst place for a gay person to be.

The question YOU should ask yourself and people of your ilk:

WHY are all my beliefs identical to terrorist cultures and communist countries?

THE TALIBAN WING OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.... From time to time in recent years, liberals have identified the "Taliban wing" of the Republican Party -- those conservatives who reject church-state separation, taking marching orders from James Dobson, and wonder why the government doesn't do more to promote and endorse their vision of Christianity.

The phrase is generally considered offensive by most Republicans, and it's easy to understand why. Indeed, no U.S. political contingent wants to be compared to the Taliban.

It came as something of a surprise, then, to see a leading House Republican make the comparison unprompted.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

The Washington Monthly

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. The famous classical game theoretic model, the Hawk-Dove contest, shows that the evolutionarily stable population in that model is not all hawks or all doves, but rather a certain degree of each; in that model, 58% "doves" and 42% "hawks". It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.

So is this an acknowledgement that my assertion is correct? Your argument is a strawman, ignoratio elenchi. Nothing but a rant with no real point or purpose. Then again, why are you quoting 5 year old articles?

You mean YOUR strawman, ignoratio elenchi assertion? I never made a claim that America is the worst place in the world to be gay...YOU DID.

All I have to say is the new blood woman of America this day must be pretty skanky for a dude to choose homosexuality. If its the dirt road they like, more and more women today are participating in that type of sex, so why they choose a 'dude' is perplexing

-Geaux

Ever notice how homophobes spend so much time thinking about dudes having sex?

It's like a vegetarian who can't stop talking about steak.

All I have to say is the new blood woman of America this day must be pretty skanky for a dude to choose homosexuality. If its the dirt road they like, more and more women today are participating in that type of sex, so why they choose a 'dude' is perplexing

-Geaux

Yea Joe.. Homo's strictly are into the dudes 'personality'... I get it...

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

I think you miss the point. It seems like most of you homophobes just focus on the anal sex, which tells me that you spend an awful lot of time fantasizing about it.

Other than that, gays are just like straights. They have the same complicated relationships the rest of us have.

-Geaux

I think you miss the point. It seems like most of you homophobes just focus on the anal sex, which tells me that you spend an awful lot of time fantasizing about it.

Other than that, gays are just like straights. They have the same complicated relationships the rest of us have.

No doubt I'm sure

-Geaux

Other than marriage, what "equal rights" do gays not have that non-gays have?

:confused:

Why is it that the left demands acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle from everyone but they refuse to show tolerance for a differing pov on homosexuality?

What makes anyone think that just because some people do not understand/approve of/believe homosexuality is moral that means they are afraid of homosexuals?

It would serve this country well if both sides would stfu with their ridiculous blathering nonsense and find some common ground.

so why, homosexuals/liberals do you act as if America is the worst place for a gay person to be?

The above is a perfect example of the disturbed third rate thinking of most of our right wing partisan chums.

NOBODY is suggesting that "America is the worst place for gay people to be"

Why is it that the left demands acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle from everyone but they refuse to show tolerance for a differing pov on homosexuality?

What makes anyone think that just because some people do not understand/approve of/believe homosexuality is moral that means they are afraid of homosexuals?

It would serve this country well if both sides would stfu with their ridiculous blathering nonsense and find some common ground.

OK, then start telling your ilk to grant equal marriage rights to gays and tell Republican legislators to stick new Jim Crow laws up their asses.

-Geaux

Obviously, much is perplexing to you. If you were horny and did not have a woman around, would you have sex with a man? Other than yourself?

Given all the hullabaloo over gay rights in America, one should assume that America is the worst place in the world to be gay, right? Wrong. There are places in this world that will kill you, or imprison you for inordinate amounts of time for being gay. So why, homosexuals/liberals do you act as if America is the worst place for a gay person to be? They have it made here in America. You fight for rights, homosexuals around the world are fighting for their lives.

Surprising isn't it?

I have never heard anyone say the US is the worst place to be gay. This thread is useless.

The only way a conservative can make an argument in many cases is to totally mis-characterize (i.e. lie) about what the liberals have said. Sandra Fluke, for example, never once asked anyone to pay for her contraception in her testimony to Congress. Yet such was said about her on this forum upwards of 500 times at the low end.

OK, then start telling your ilk to grant equal marriage rights to gays and tell Republican legislators to stick new Jim Crow laws up their asses.

Again... If a man wants to marry a chicken I'm down with that. Knock yourself out... However, when the man and the chicken want the benefits associated with 'marriage' of a chicken is what I have the problem with

-Geaux

That isn't enough? Of course, there are also 30 states in which I can be fired for being gay. Which one can you be fired in for being Christian?

What sort of "intolerance" are we showing? Are we trying to get legislation passed that would make your POV illegal or anything? Are we not allowed to point out intolerance?

Nobody thinks anyone is "afraid" of gays. Homophobia isn't a fear of gays themselves, but the fear of being gay themselves. Regardless, the dictionary definition of homophobia is: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

The common ground is equal rights for gays and lesbians.

So the marriage thing is the only "right" that gays don't have. Is that correct? Then the whole "gays rights" meme is false, yet constantly repeated. Why is that?

My "ilk"? Sorry, I don't have an ilk. I knew an elk once, her name was Anne.

"Grant equal marriage rights". Well, no. Civil unions should be available to all, with all financial benefits of 'marriage'; 'marriage' should be left to the discretion of the religious. That seems fair, doesn't it?

Why are you ok with a very small minority of people telling the vast majority of people that they must redefine what the word "marriage" means? Why is it that, once again, the majority must bend to the will of the minority? Where is the middle ground from the gay side? Whenever someone disagrees with the homosexual lifestyle they are labeled "homophobes". :confused: Where is the tolerance?

My observation has been that for the most part, those who support homosexuality will tolerate nothing but full acceptance from those who view homosexuality differently. They need to change their mindset and accept tolerance.

-Geaux

so you force yourself every day to ignore all those hot men and make yourself straight?

yeah, figures…. most homophobes are like that

I never studied gay and lesbian prosecution in this nation although you hear anecdotes. Given the known actions taken against people like Matthew Shepherd and Ryan Skipper, was prosecution ever State sanctioned in this nation? I would imagine during colonial days it was but is anyone aware of laws on the books calling for sentences against gays or lesbians in the US?

As a guy into other guys moreso than gals I can tell ya it's infinitely practical to spend an hour fooling around with the guy you've been playing XBOX with all day than interupt that to call over some girlfriend just to have sex. :)

Surprising isn't it?

And the poor people here should be thankful that they're not starving like some in Africa, right? It gets pretty desperate when we have to compare ourselves to the worst of the third world countries to feel like we're doing pretty well on poverty and civil rights issues.

The proponents of having Shariah Law here in the US have not weighed in. CAIR is an organization that considers itself a civil rights organization. What is their position?

Point being, if you are going to bash Christians for taking a religious view on gays marrying, then you might want take at least an equally strong position against a Religion whose edicts state that homosexuality on any level, is punishable by death.

Forum List

Back