Gender Equality According To Emma Watson. An Excellent Perspective

Emma has grown into an amazingly frail looking young man. But she gives these guys hope:

SignsTimesMenswear.jpg

You've admired her for HOW long, mud? That's rather creepy.

It always tickles me when a woman supposedly "hates" men...only the men who are the most hateful both in speech and their boyish antics are the ones that feel most betrayed.

Perhaps men who feel that women "hate" them should examine their own values.

Unfortunately in some cases they are correct. Some women feel being a feminist means hating men. I'm sure some men give them plenty of reasons to do so. But it's nearly impossible to start a dialog when you assume that the other person hates you before a single word is spoken. It tends to shade what they say one way or another in your mind.

So can we look forward to you denouncing Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke (someone he doesn't know, doesn't know anyone who does know her, and has never met) a Slut on national radio? As you said, it's hard to start a dialog when the first word out of the man's mouth is "slut".
Sandra Fluke is hardly a good role-model.

Are you saying Rush Limbaugh is?

Rush is a strong role model, probably not a good fit for a helpless government dependent liberal with wealth envy issues but otherwise yes.

He's a success story. Not exactly a role-model.

Emma has grown into an amazingly frail looking young man. But she gives these guys hope:

SignsTimesMenswear.jpg

I was waiting for that. J.K. Rowling shares this admiration, so I consider myself in good company.

I'm an avid Harry Potter fan.

I even have a wand collection. I wave them around in private every once in awhile. Never in public.
Just kidding,.......about the wand waving. I do have an official issue Harry Potter wand and an Elderwand, Dumbledore's wand.

I personally think the franchise wouldn't be as well received if Emma hadn't won the part as Hermione Grainger. She carried those movies. No offense to Daniel Radcliffe.

Last edited:
Internet Trolls Threaten To Release Nude Photos Of Emma Watson After Feminist Speech (UPDATE)
Emily Thomas The Huffington Post 09/23/14 04:27 PM ET

UPDATE: Sept. 24 -- The website EmmaYouAreNext.com, which previously claimed it would leak nude photos of Emma Watson and was believed to have been created by 4chan users, turned out to be a hoax by social media marketing firm Rantic , which apparently has aims to shut down 4chan. As of Wednesday morning, EmmaYouAreNext.com redirected visitors to Rantic's website.

The thing is, Rantic might not even exist. The company claims to have been hired by celebrity publicists to campaign against the leaking of celebrities' nude photos. But Business Insider reports that Rantic is actually part of a larger online hoax. "Rantic Marketing is a fake company run by a gang of prolific internet spammers used to quickly capitalize on internet trends for page views," writes Business Insider.

Previously:

Internet trolls are threatening to leak nude photos of Emma Watson, in response to a speech on gender equality the actress delivered at the United Nations headquarters over the weekend

Members of the anonymous message board 4chan, largely at the center of the recent hacking schemes that leaked nude photos of celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton, have apparently set up a website called EmmaYouAreNext.com. The mostly empty page bears 4chan's logo, a blurry photo of Watson's head and a timer clock counting down to midnight EST on Sept. 24.
Internet Trolls Threaten To Release Nude Photos Of Emma Watson After Feminist Speech UPDATE

Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson[3] (born 15 April 1990)[4] is an English actress and model. She rose to prominence playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series; she was cast as Hermione at the age of nine, having previously acted only in school plays.[4] She starred in all eight Harry Potter films, alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint.[5] Watson's work on the Harry Potter series has earned her several awards and more than £10 million.[6] She made her modelling debut for Burberry's autumn/winter campaign in 2009. In October 2013, she was voted Sexiest Female Movie Star in a worldwide poll conducted by Empire magazine.[7] In May 2014, BuzzFeed dubbed her the "most flawless woman of the decade".[8]

In 2007, Watson announced her involvement in The Tale of Despereaux and the television adaptation of the novel Ballet Shoes, which was broadcast on 26 December 2007 to an audience of 5.2 million. The Tale of Despereaux, based on the novel by Kate DiCamillo, was released in 2008 and grossed more than US$86 million in worldwide sales.[9] In 2012, she starred in Stephen Chbosky's film adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and in 2014, she played Ila in Darren Aronofsky's biblical epic Noah.

Early life

Watson was born in Paris, the daughter of British lawyers Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson.[11][12][13] Watson lived in Paris until the age of five. Her parents separated when she was young; following their divorce, she moved back to her mother's native country, England, to live in Oxfordshire, spending weekends at her father's house in London.[11][14] Watson has stated that she speaks some French, though "not as well" as she used to.[15]

After moving to Oxford with her mother and brother, Watson attended the Dragon School in Oxford, remaining there until 2003.[11] From the age of six, she wanted to become an actress,[16] and trained at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts, a part-time theatre school where she studied singing, dancing, and acting.[17] By the age of ten, she had performed in various Stagecoach productions and school plays, including Arthur: The Young Years and The Happy Prince,[18] but she had never acted professionally before the Harry Potter series. Following the Dragon School, Watson moved on to Headington School.[11] While on film sets, she and her peers were tutored for up to five hours a day.[19] In June 2006, she took GCSE school examinations in ten subjects, achieving eight A* and two A grades.
Education
Emma Watson at the Cannes Film Festival

After leaving school, Watson took a gap year[102] to film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows beginning in February 2009,[71] but said she "definitely want[ed] to go to university".[67] The Providence Journal reported that Watson had confirmed that she had chosen Brown University, located in Providence, Rhode Island.[103] In March 2011, after 18 months at the university, Watson announced that she was deferring her course for "a semester or two."[104] Watson was a "visiting student" at Worcester College, Oxford for the 2011–12 academic year.[105] Watson told Ellen DeGeneres in March 2014 that she was "about to graduate" from Brown in May. She noted that it took five years to graduate instead of four because, due to her acting work, she "ended up taking two full semesters off".[106] On 25 May 2014, Watson graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's degree in English literature and released a cap-and-gown photo on her Twitter account.[107]

In 2013, Watson became certified to teach yoga and meditation. She told Elle Australia that an uncertain future meant finding "a way to always feel safe and at home within myself. Because I can never rely on a physical place."
Emma Watson - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Putting any smart remarks aside, I don't dream about her , but I enjoy the fact that she has become an example to women. Her parents must be proud.

Last edited:

SignsTimesMenswear.jpg

I was waiting for that. J.K. Rowling shares this admiration, so I consider myself in good company.

I even have a wand collection. I wave them around in private every once in awhile. Never in public.
Just kidding,.......about the wand waving. I do have an official issue Harry Potter wand and an Elderwand, Dumbledore's wand.

I personally think the franchise wouldn't be as well received if Emma hadn't won the part as Hermione Grainger. She carried those movies. No offense to Daniel Radcliffe.

I am a huge Harry Potter fan as well. If you like board games then I highly recommend Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge. My friends and I play from time to time and it's a blast.

Hogwarts House Cup Challenge 8211 Board Games Card Games Puzzles and more in Portland OR - Cloud Cap Games

I also like Harry Potter. I have all the movies, I read the books.

I'm not obsessed, I have no wand collection, and I will not be supporting Emma as the next Michael Jackson-esque cult figure.

SignsTimesMenswear.jpg

I am a huge Harry Potter fan as well. If you like board games then I highly recommend Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge. My friends and I play from time to time and it's a blast.

Hogwarts House Cup Challenge 8211 Board Games Card Games Puzzles and more in Portland OR - Cloud Cap Games
Okay

Hope you're a member of Pottermore.com.

I'm a Ravenclaw.

It's mostly for kids, there is some interesting stuff there. Seawytch is a member as well.

Last edited:

I'm not obsessed, I have no wand collection, and I will not be supporting Emma as the next Michael Jackson-esque cult figure.

I'm just glad she didn't turn out like Miley Cyrus.

Good point. I hope the parents stop counting their money long enough to keep Hannah on suicide watch. No joke, that girl is crashing and burning in real time.

Good point. I hope the parents stop counting their money long enough to keep Hannah on suicide watch. No joke, that girl is crashing and burning in real time.
She even got an award.
Here's the list of winners from Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards.

Video of the Year
Miley Cyrus, "Wrecking Ball"

Best Female Video
Katy Perry featuring Juicy J - "Dark Horse"

She even got an award.

You have to wonder if Billy Ray not only condones her actions, but encourages them. Sick family.

She even got an award.

You have to wonder if Billy Ray not only condones her actions, but encourages them. Sick family.
I think he advised it.

You see?

In times like these when bad behavior is celebrated, it's like a breath of fresh air to know not everyone goes for what's popular.

It always tickles me when a woman supposedly "hates" men...only the men who are the most hateful both in speech and their boyish antics are the ones that feel most betrayed.

Unfortunately in some cases they are correct. Some women feel being a feminist means hating men. I'm sure some men give them plenty of reasons to do so. But it's nearly impossible to start a dialog when you assume that the other person hates you before a single word is spoken. It tends to shade what they say one way or another in your mind.
Well if YOU assume someone hates you BEFORE conversation commences it's NOT REALLY THEIR FAULT.

SignsTimesMenswear.jpg

Okay

Hope you're a member of Pottermore.com.

I'm a Ravenclaw.

It's mostly for kids, there is some interesting stuff there. Seawytch is a member as well.

I am not. I'll give it a look though. Sounds like fun. Every year my friends and I get together in November on a Saturday and watch every movie together. We make some universe inspired cocktails and have a blast.

Well if YOU assume someone hates you BEFORE conversation commences it's NOT REALLY THEIR FAULT.
Bullshit.

I read Watson's speech yesterday or so, and I thought her major premise was that "feminist" has become synonymous with "man hater." I think she has a point, but at the same time, we have notions of "equal pay" and "glass ceilings." But the reality of society is that if a female employee has school age children, more likely than not, she will have to devote more energy outside the office than a male who has school age children. So, there is miscommunication on both sides.

And, I linked to an article by George will some time back, on Swathmore College and rape. A male and female student had been hooking up, with no emotional involvement, for sometime. The guy stumbles in, blind drunk, to HIS room, to find the female asleep in HIS bed. He does her. She's passive, and doesn't signal consent, or non-consent.

He gets rape on his college transcript and can kiss goodbye to a top ten law or biz school.

We are not having a rational discussion of society's views of proper sex roles. I think that's Watson's point.

Forum List

Back